Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Falcons to be on Hard Knocks

Per Rotoworld.com:

The Falcons will be featured on HBO's Hard Knocks this summer.
The Falcons could have declined participation because they made the playoffs two years ago. Instead, they chose to volunteer. Hopefully, we'll get a glimpse into Julio Jones' rehab off another right foot surgery and rookie RB Devonta Freeman's progress. The show premiers Aug. 5. Jun 12 - 12:26 PM

I'd like to watch it, BUT I don't have HBO lol so I guess I will miss out.

Exactly...

I don't have HBO and I don't plan on buying it anytime soon.

Sucks that Spoon is out though..he was born for this kinda shit.

I really hoped that the Cardinals, Jags or even the Browns would have done Hard Knocks this year. The Falcons aren't bad though I suppose. I'll watch it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Have to suffer through an hour of Matty Slush, damn.....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Meh. I'm impartial. It's cool to watch though. Just stupid that it's on HBO. They should do it for NFL Network lol

• Upvote 2

Meh. I'm impartial. It's cool to watch though. Just stupid that it's on HBO. They should do it for NFL Network lol

Ah once its done airing it will end up on NFL Network anyways like the others have so I will just wait until then instead of buying HBO the only interest I have in it anyways is because its a NFC South team.

Ah once its done airing it will end up on NFL Network anyways like the others have so I will just wait until then instead of buying HBO the only interest I have in it anyways is because its a NFC South team.

I never seem to be able to see any of the Hardnocks episodes in order. Most of the time I do catch them it's the Jets episodes that are ALWAYS on. Do they air them in order like weekly or something once it's done on HBO?

I believe they had a marathon at one point of nothing but hard knocks but lately they have been spreading it out like you said I have been catching episodes here and there. I figure as time goes on the once they have ran there time on HBO they will be on NFL Network. Makes sense seeing it has the NFL's name attached and there players this way it gives there network more content. Kinda like going to see a movie in the theater then waiting for the network to get the rights to play it after its been out so long is the same kinda feeling I get with the Hard Knocks series and NFL Network.

Wouldn't be surprised to get a marathon soon anyways, as content for them to play to keep interest in the network dwindles in the dead time between camp the next month & a half or so

EDIT: Yeah they had a marathons I thought I remembered them having some here was the announcement in 2010 from the Bengals site when they had a marathon of the one from the Bengals

Bengals fans, get your DVRs ready.

As part of NFL Network’s programming for the upcoming July 4th weekend, the network will air a special marathon of the NFL Films-produced series Hard Knocks featuring the Bengals.

The Emmy-award winning Hard Knocks: Training Camp with the Cincinnati Bengals makes its NFL Network debut Sunday, July 4 at 8 p.m. ET with episode No. 1 of the fifth season. The remaining four episodes from season five will debut chronologically, with one episode per night Monday, July 5 through Thursday, July 8, also at 8 p.m. ET. An encore of the entire fifth season airs Sunday, July 11 beginning at 8 p.m. ET.

Hard Knocks documents the daily challenges and interactions that come with a career in professional football. Each season focuses on a specific team, giving viewers a unique and candid glance into the lives of their favorite players and coaches. Episodes offer a captivating behind-the-scenes look into the highs and lows of preseason training, all while displaying the superior film quality and sound of an NFL Films product.

The show has been praised as the first sports-based reality series and boasts one of the fastest turnaround times of any show of its type, with seasons premiering just weeks after training camp finishes. Hard Knocks: Training Camp with the Cincinnati Bengals was the recent recipient of a Sports Emmy in 2009 for Outstanding Edited Sports Series, and two past seasons—2007 Kansas City Chiefs and 2008 Dallas Cowboys—have won Sports Emmys for their industry-leading production and composition. Set in late summer and focused on America’s favorite sport, Hard Knocks is the perfect addition to any fan’s 4th of July weekend. http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Hard-Knocks-Marathon-on-NFL-Network/e4e64065-99d6-4b2b-92fd-a1393a8dc356
Edited by panthergf

I really hoped that the Cardinals, Jags or even the Browns would have done Hard Knocks this year. The Falcons aren't bad though I suppose. I'll watch it.

The Browns declined. They were the first team asked I believe, because you know. Johnny Foozball. That being said, I've never even seen an episode of the show. Most of the time lately, it's like the 13th team that they had in mind who actually says, "Sure. We'll let you come and invade our training camp." It can't be good for the team doing it.

You guys are aware that in the Age of The Internet, you don't need to have HBO to watch HBO programming right?

• Upvote 1

File sharing is apparently a crime in the states.

They get uploaded to YouTube. Full episodes.

Also I've always wanted to see the Browns on Hard Knocks but the Johnny thing would have made me jump off a bridge.

10523683_10152331763231263_3703354251896

I'm actually looking forward to it now. Julio and Roddy are going to be entertaining and to definitely see this young man Desmond Trufant.

The preview that was aired the other night was entertaining. I may check it out once I can find it on Piratebay or something at a later time.