Tridentdawgpound

"Things You Hate" Thread

It's easier for me to blame Pandora for the problem than complain about cell service that can't be fixed.

Spotify is 100x the service that Pandora is. Time to get with the times, Vin.

• Upvote 1

Spotify is kinda useless to me kus I never know what to listen to in the first place. Pandora is just one click and then music.

How do you start Pandora then? I haven't used it in years now, but don't you start by entering an artist or genre? You have to kinda know what you want to listen to... But maybe it's changed? :shrug:

I don't see how that makes it useless to you htough. Just turn on the radio... They have recommended stations according to your taste or if you want something different you can just pick a genre and they will start up some random songs for you to rock out too. It's literally Pandora... but better and more expansive.

just open the app and it starts shuffling through my stations. The ads on spotify are kinda terrible too, especially on the phone app.

just open the app and it starts shuffling through my stations. The ads on spotify are kinda terrible too, especially on the phone app.

I do the same thing on Spotify sometimes if I don't know what to listen to... Ha.

Ads though I can see as being annoying, I don't get them as I am premium. But, does Pandora have ads? I remember them having them back when I used it, but like I said, haven't been around there in a long time.

The shuffle station on Pandora is pretty awesome.

As for the ads on Pandora, they're pretty unobtrusive. Maybe a ten second ad every seven-ish songs or so?

The shuffle station on Pandora is pretty awesome.

As for the ads on Pandora, they're pretty unobtrusive. Maybe a ten second ad every seven-ish songs or so?

I shuffle on Spotify all the time! *gasp*

I honestly don't really remember what the ads were like on Spotify, I didn't get premium though because of the ads so they couldn't have been that bad.

Does spotify just to stick to solely playing stuff by whatever artist your station is or do they do like Pandora and play that artist as well as similar artists?

Does spotify just to stick to solely playing stuff by whatever artist your station is or do they do like Pandora and play that artist as well as similar artists?

It does what you need it to.

Both IIRC. Similar to JD, I'm a Premium user and I never had the free version so I'm not too sure of the differences between Free and Premium.

Pandora only plays a 10 second-ish ad every seven songs or so? They must have changed that pretty drastically cause I could have sworn when I used to have Pandora they played like a 30 second ad every four songs.

Ads on Spotify aren't too bad. Even now and then you'll get one that will give you 30 minutes of ad free music. I like the fact I can pick certain songs and put them into a playlist. No Taylor Swift blows though :(

11248246_10153427104994280_6915009173989

Stuff like this is bullshit. I've actually had a woman tell me that even if the girl asks for it and even if she puts the condom on the guy it's still rape. Couple problems with this.

A) What's the difference between being drunk and making a mistake and rape and why is this line becoming so blurred?

B) Why is it all on the guy? Why can't the guy have been raped as well?

C) Charging one person for rape with sex between two drunk people is the equivalent of charging one child for statutory rape when they're both underage.

Obviously if there is force or some sort of other foul play involved it's a completely different story but this sexist view is so fucking annoying and it scares me knowing that SOME decent human beings could have their lives ruined because a woman decides she made a mistake.

Edited by JetsFan4Life
  • Upvote 1

11248246_10153427104994280_6915009173989

Stuff like this is bullshit. I've actually had a woman tell me that even if the girl asks for it and even if she puts the condom on the guy it's still rape. Couple problems with this.

A) What's the difference between being drunk and making a mistake and rape and why is this line becoming so blurred?

B) Why is it all on the guy? Why can't the guy have been raped as well?

C) Charging one person for rape with sex between two drunk people is the equivalent of charging one child for statutory rape when they're both underage.

Obviously if there is force or some sort of other foul play involved it's a completely different story but this sexist view is so fucking annoying and it scares me knowing that SOME decent human beings could have their lives ruined because a woman decides she made a mistake.

I'm with you 100%. Such bullshit.

I really hate asshole drivers. This has already been stated but it needs to be reinforced.

I was driving on a two-lane highway the other day. Highway was pretty congested for a Saturday afternoon. I was in the fast lane and there were a couple cars in front of me because one car was holding everybody up (going about 65-70). I left about a car and a half length in between me and the car in front of me as I don't like to get too close to the back bumper. Behind me comes this scumbag who is riding my ASS. Like, I don't think I've ever been tailgated worse in my life. After a few seconds of that he switches lanes, gives me a dirty look, and squeezes in front of me. He proceeded to do that same thing to the next four cars in front of me until he got space to just fly pass everyone. There were some close calls while he was cutting people off, too. Ironically enough a few minutes later I'm going around a turn and an Infiniti that's next to me comes into my lane and I have to swerve into the shoulder to avoid a collision. At that point I just said fuck it and coasted in the slow lane for the rest of the trip.

When that first dickbag gave me a dirty look I pointed to the car in front of me as to say, "Where the fuck do you want me to go?" Very unchristian of me, but there's a part of me that wishes if the asshole drives like that all the time that he gets into an accident or gets pulled over at the very least. Fucker needs to get taught a lesson.

On a side note, I wonder how often fender benders result from brake checks? As in, if some guy is riding your ass, you purposely slam on your breaks expecting him to hit your car. I wouldn't do it, but shit if someone had a POS car and they were being tailgated they should consider it. Granted you'd have to see if the guy behind you could kick your ass or not because they're going to be fuming lol but depending on how insurance works I feel like you'd be making out in the end if you did it. The car behind you should have left the legally required space in between you and him.

Edited by Maverick

If your going 65-70 mph I doubt its gonna be a fender bender in the end. I've break checked people in the past, even cops. I think its wrong cops ride your ass in attempt to make you speed up. In the end your going to win the lawsuit because if someone runs into your ass its probably at the fault of them. Unless you made a lane switch without being assured clear distance.

I really hate asshole drivers. This has already been stated but it needs to be reinforced.

I was driving on a two-lane highway the other day. Highway was pretty congested for a Saturday afternoon. I was in the fast lane and there were a couple cars in front of me because one car was holding everybody up (going about 65-70). I left about a car and a half length in between me and the car in front of me as I don't like to get too close to the back bumper. Behind me comes this scumbag who is riding my ASS. Like, I don't think I've ever been tailgated worse in my life. After a few seconds of that he switches lanes, gives me a dirty look, and squeezes in front of me. He proceeded to do that same thing to the next four cars in front of me until he got space to just fly pass everyone. There were some close calls while he was cutting people off, too. Ironically enough a few minutes later I'm going around a turn and an Infiniti that's next to me comes into my lane and I have to swerve into the shoulder to avoid a collision. At that point I just said fuck it and coasted in the slow lane for the rest of the trip.

When that first dickbag gave me a dirty look I pointed to the car in front of me as to say, "Where the fuck do you want me to go?" Very unchristian of me, but there's a part of me that wishes if the asshole drives like that all the time that he gets into an accident or gets pulled over at the very least. Fucker needs to get taught a lesson.

On a side note, I wonder how often fender benders result from brake checks? As in, if some guy is riding your ass, you purposely slam on your breaks expecting him to hit your car. I wouldn't do it, but shit if someone had a POS car and they were being tailgated they should consider it. Granted you'd have to see if the guy behind you could kick your ass or not because they're going to be fuming lol but depending on how insurance works I feel like you'd be making out in the end if you did it. The car behind you should have left the legally required space in between you and him.

But who's the asshole in those situations?

It's the guy up ahead of you going slow in the left lane. Many states have started to hand out tickets for that bullshit. It needs to become federal law. $500 ticket for going slow in the left lane.

Edited by BwareDWare94
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You guys realize the left lane is a passing lane and not to be driven in at all times right? So are we going to enforce 500 dollar fines for people that just drive in the passing lane the whole way.

• Upvote 1

It's the guy up ahead of you going slow in the left lane. Many states have started to hand out tickets for that bullshit. It needs to become federal law. $500 ticket for going slow in the left lane.

Oh yeah, I'm not saying that guy isn't an asshole. He certainly is. I'm just laughing at the other asshole who's dangerously cutting off each car stuck behind that guy and riding their asses inches away from the bumper.

Yeah, I wouldn't slam on the brakes because as mav pointed out you're not gonna have a minor collision at 70 mph, but tapping the brakes can always be fun

But the scenario I usually run into with this is that everyone's technically speeding. The speed limit on the interstate I take to work is 60 but most cars are going 70+. You can't really justify giving someone a ticket for slowing down traffic if they're going five over the speed limit. Edited by oochymp

You guys realize the left lane is a passing lane and not to be driven in at all times right? So are we going to enforce 500 dollar fines for people that just drive in the passing lane the whole way.

You do realize that depends on the state, right?

PA law: "May also use left lane to allow traffic to merge or "when traveling at a speed greater than the traffic flow."

You do realize that depends on the state, right?

PA law: "May also use left lane to allow traffic to merge or "when traveling at a speed greater than the traffic flow."

"when traveling at a speed greater than the traffic flow.""

Which means you shouldn't be riding in the left lane all the time.

"Except as provided in paragraph (2) and unless otherwise posted, upon all limited access highways having two or more lanes for traffic moving in the same direction, all vehicles shall be driven in the right-hand lanes when available for traffic except when any of the following conditions exist:

(i) When overtaking and passing another vehicle proceeding in the same direction.

(ii) When traveling at a speed greater than the traffic flow."

Yeah, I wouldn't slam on the brakes because as mav pointed out you're not gonna have a minor collision at 70 mph, but tapping the brakes can always be fun

But the scenario I usually run into with this is that everyone's technically speeding. The speed limit on the interstate I take to work is 60 but most cars are going 70+. You can't really justify giving someone a ticket for slowing down traffic if they're going five over the speed limit.

If they're holding back a train of cars in the left lane, you sure as hell can. That lane is designed specifically for faster traffic. If that car holding people up causes a major holdup for all traffic, they should be ticketed.

Edited by BwareDWare94

"when traveling at a speed greater than the traffic flow.""

Which means you shouldn't be riding in the left lane all the time.

"Except as provided in paragraph (2) and unless otherwise posted, upon all limited access highways having two or more lanes for traffic moving in the same direction, all vehicles shall be driven in the right-hand lanes when available for traffic except when any of the following conditions exist:

(i) When overtaking and passing another vehicle proceeding in the same direction.

(ii) When traveling at a speed greater than the traffic flow."

What if you're constantly driving at a speed greater than the traffic flow? Sounds like I'd be covered by the law from that interpretation.

Regardless, I didn't mention anything about using the left lane as a casual driving lane in my story. If I'm on a highway and there's nobody to the right of me, I'm getting over - simply because I don't want to stick out like a sore thumb speeding in the fast lane.

Oh and in commuting traffic during rush hour, it's a good thing police don't feel as strongly as you do about using the left lane as a passing lane. Traffic would be a fucking shitshow if cars got pulled over for not using the left lane only as a passing lane. :laugh: