Tridentdawgpound

"Things You Hate" Thread

In Houston, if you're going the speed limit you will be ridiculed. 5-15 over the speed limit is pretty standard on the freeway.

I hate the 401 "express" that goes through Toronto. No matter the time of day it's going to be bumper to bumper traffic with pricks slamming on breaks and such.

• Upvote 1

In Colorado, Oklahoma, and especially Illinois, people generally drive 15-25 mph over the speed limit, especially on 3-4 lane sections. This is the flow of trafic that Bware is talking about where it's actually dangerous to go near the speed limit and you will have all kinds of people tailgating you and speeding around you.

In some places, like Nebraska, nobody really goes more than 5 over and cops are absolute pieces of shit and will pull you over for nothing. You may not have experienced what he's getting at, but he definity has a point. Though, like Mav, I disagree with trying to ticket them.

Ya, I shared these stories already, but they seem relevant. When I drove out to the Dakotas last year, it was exactly as you described in Colorado and other such places. That was the norm around there, it was RARE to see anybody even going the speed limit or just 5 over. And if you did see someone like that on the road, 95% of the time it was an out-of-state license plate. I loved driving out there.

And I went up to Green Bay a couple of years ago. It takes me about 90 minutes to get out of Iowa.. In the last 30 minutes of my trip in Iowa, I saw 6 squad cars. In the almost 4 hours the rest of the trip to Green Bay (after leaving Iowa) I saw 2 cops total... Everyone drove faster, practically no police force out, and even the cops I did see gave absolutely no shits whatsoever. One of the cops himself was going 10 over and getting passed frequently and did nothing. It was awesome.

I wish Iowa was more like that. Other than the winters, it's really one of my only complaints about living here. Cops are dicks and generally people drive like they are on ice -- but all the time.

• Upvote 1

Bitches that are hot and act like they are God's gift to earth and have shitty attitudes.

Shitty attitudes can make the hottest bitch as attractive as Iggy Azalea

Ya, I shared these stories already, but they seem relevant. When I drove out to the Dakotas last year, it was exactly as you described in Colorado and other such places. That was the norm around there, it was RARE to see anybody even going the speed limit or just 5 over. And if you did see someone like that on the road, 95% of the time it was an out-of-state license plate. I loved driving out there.

And I went up to Green Bay a couple of years ago. It takes me about 90 minutes to get out of Iowa.. In the last 30 minutes of my trip in Iowa, I saw 6 squad cars. In the almost 4 hours the rest of the trip to Green Bay (after leaving Iowa) I saw 2 cops total... Everyone drove faster, practically no police force out, and even the cops I did see gave absolutely no shits whatsoever. One of the cops himself was going 10 over and getting passed frequently and did nothing. It was awesome.

I wish Iowa was more like that. Other than the winters, it's really one of my only complaints about living here. Cops are dicks and generally people drive like they are on ice -- but all the time.

Where in North Dakota were you?

Only the western half of the state. Drove up north from SD to Medora. Drove through mostly, stopped / drove through the Teddy Roosevelt National Park.

Edited by Favre4Ever

I'll be very interested to see how that law holds up in court since it directly contradicts other laws that are likely on the books (I'm not familiar with Illinois law but typically there isn't an exception to speeding if you're passing)

You guys in other states have it made. Most of our highways are 65 mph and under :yao:

Edited by Bucman

PA State Troopers are dicks, too. Especially in the Western and Central parts of the state. Maybe down East they are more relaxed. Really easy to get busted for speeding here.

You guys in other states have it made. Most of our highways are 65 mph and under :yao:

most roads in Virginia are 60 or under, but if you're on an interstate they usually won't pull you over unless your going 80+

also, as I think more about the article Bware posted I'm more interested in how that law would be used in other contexts, it effectively makes speeding unenforceable, also if you rear-end someone it'd give you a reasonable (though probably losing) defense that the car in front was legally obligated to yield to you because you're going faster

Edited by oochymp

Minnesota State Highway speed limits are 55. Interstate 70. And their speeding tickets are effing expensive. North Dakota State Highways are 65, County Roads 55, Interstates 75, and 2 lanes 70.

We're lucky, but unfortunately I spend some time in Minnesota.

Most of New York State is 65 on the interstate but I know a state trooper who has told me they won't pull you over unless you're going over 75.

Edited by JetsFan4Life

Here in PA they do sneaky shit like drop the speed limit to 55 for a few miles randomly and park a police car right after the sign so they can nail you for 70 or 75 in a 55. Scummy.

Here in PA they do sneaky shit like drop the speed limit to 55 for a few miles randomly and park a police car right after the sign so they can nail you for 70 or 75 in a 55. Scummy.

Yeah I think I remember there's like a 13 mile stretch or so on the 90 that it randomly drops to 55.

Yeah, they do the same thing on the eastern side of the state too, Sarge.

And Virginia's a fucking awful state to drive through.

• Upvote 1

They do that here a lot too. You'll be in a 65 zone and it will drop to 35 randomly and a cop usually hides on the other side.

Donald Trump.

• Upvote 1

The Dallas Cowboys. May everyone on their team contract aids....twice. I'm so ready for football. lol

I hate cigarettes, the smell makes me sick to my stomach.

:yep:

Drunk sports nuts at bars who ruin the experience for everybody else.

Seriously dudes, can it.

People who make score predictions on games based on saltiness and butthurt/shookness from the past. The impact you make is zero. The goal is to look smart by being close to a realistic score. Not look like a bitch.

• Downvote 4