Tridentdawgpound

"Things You Hate" Thread

This new trend of people wearing headphones at work.

It's work, not your own little personal space. Not only is it unsafe for you to be wearing headphones, it's insulting to your bosses who are paying you to be there.

I kind of understand it for people who work by themselves in cubicles, but group-work environments it's dangerous. It should not be tolerated.

It generally isn't allowed in most hands on work sites. There are rules and regulations in most places about it.

I hate the Patriots more than I did yesterday. :smug:

It's work, not your own little personal space. Not only is it unsafe for you to be wearing headphones, it's insulting to your bosses who are paying you to be there.

I kind of understand it for people who work by themselves in cubicles, but group-work environments it's dangerous. It should not be tolerated.

I've never seen this in any place but my current job and only here because they tell us it's okay. So fuck you for telling me I can't, yo.

• Upvote 1

I used to have a similar mindset. If I'm the boss and I'm not making eye contact, am I going to have to walk over to my employee and nudge him every time I want his attention? or scream across the room so he can hear me?

But if the worker is allowed to wear headphones, their boss most likely gave them permission to do so. I see techs around my workplace that sit in their own stations and put equipment together with their headphones in all the time. I don't work in that area, but I think the boss can just walk in their line of sight for the most part and get their attention so I guess that's not a big deal. My friend who works in a garage has his in all the time. I personally never wear them, but I sit at a computer and can play the music low from speakers (even though I don't).

It really depends on your line of work. I'd like to think most bosses can make the right judgement call in that situation and if the position calls for it, allow them to enjoy their music.

Edited by Maverick

I used to have a similar mindset. If I'm the boss and I'm not making eye contact, am I going to have to walk over to my employee and nudge him every time I want his attention? or scream across the room so he can hear me?

But if the worker is allowed to wear headphones, their boss most likely gave them permission to do so. I see techs around my workplace that sit in their own stations and put equipment together with their headphones in all the time. I don't work in that area, but I think the boss can just walk in their line of sight for the most part and get their attention so I guess that's not a big deal. My friend who works in a garage has his in all the time. I personally never wear them, but I sit at a computer and can play the music low from speakers (even though I don't).

It really depends on your line of work. I'd like to think most bosses can make the right judgement call in that situation and if the position calls for it, allow them to enjoy their music.

My viewpoint is because of a new guy at work who plays his music so loud that even people at the top of their longs can't get his attention. I've tolerated it so far because he'll come up and ask questions, but I've already figured out I'll have to tell him it's a no-go when we're dealing with heavier equipment in more dangerous situations, etc.

(Not something new, but I just remembered it and wanted to complain about it.)

Male vocalists that sound like women.

For years I thought that the Silversun Pickups were fronted by a woman, as every song I had heard sounded like one (Lazy Eye, Panic Switch, etc.). Nope, turns out it's a dude. Dunno why it bothers me, but it does.

I mean, seriously, it's not just me, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_zvGIBreoI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdjzU0c9YGg

(Not something new, but I just remembered it and wanted to complain about it.)

Male vocalists that sound like women.

For years I thought that the Silversun Pickups were fronted by a woman, as every song I had heard sounded like one (Lazy Eye, Panic Switch, etc.). Nope, turns out it's a dude. Dunno why it bothers me, but it does.

I mean, seriously, it's not just me, right?

It's not just you. Men aren't supposed to sound like that.

More than sounding like women, I hate the emo-rock trend of singing through a film of mucus. Seriously, I just had someone try to get me into Mayday Parade. No. Fucking. Way.

Another music one:

Robert Plant's moaning in Zepp songs.

• Downvote 2

People who wear UGA and Tech gear around campus here. Should result in automatic expulsion.

My gf wanting me to drop everything and pay attention to her sometimes when I'm in the middle of writing a long post or reading something.

Seriously, there are PLENTY of moments in which a woman can take advantage of your lack of activity, but they ALWAYS want to make sure you're dropping something you like or love in order to pay attention to them.

It's fucking stupid and I will search high and low for the woman who doesn't do it. :p

Seriously, there are PLENTY of moments in which a woman can take advantage of your lack of activity, but they ALWAYS want to make sure you're dropping something you like or love in order to pay attention to them.

It's fucking stupid and I will search high and low for the woman who doesn't do it. :p

Yeah, I mean, my gf is better than most, but sometimes I'm just trying to fucking concentrate and no I don't give a fuck about your friend's kid that probably did do something cute that was posted on Facebook.

• Upvote 1

Jimmy Kimmell and people who wear around Beats by Dre headphones every where and its not plugged in.

Beats headphones in general are overpriced garbage.

People who don't show up to work expecting to work.

They sure feel entitled to their paychecks, though

People who use stalls as urinals and then don't flush (or clean up) afterwards. Look guys, I know the toilets are motion-activated, but there's a got damn button right above the sensor.

People who use stalls as urinals and then don't flush (or clean up) afterwards. Look guys, I know the toilets are motion-activated, but there's a got damn button right above the sensor.

As long as they make it all in the urinal, I could care less if they flush or not. I just fucking hate it how virtually every mens restroom has pee all over the floor walking up to a urinal.

Seriously who the fuck just cannot get all of their piss into the urinal? These guys badly need to be potty trained again. It's like Michael J. Fox is playing a cruel joke on everybody...

Edit: Just re-read your post, and saw that I misread it. Yes that shit sucks too on top of my earlier rant. Wipe your piss off the toilet seat. It's fucking common courtesy.

Edited by FartWaffles

I dunno... if you are too lazy to flush the toilet after you are done using it, there may be no hope for you.