BLUE

The Johnny Manziel thread

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25477184/von-miller-offers-heartfelt-advice-to-johnny-manziel-keep-grinding

SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- Not long after Von Miller secured the Broncos' Super Bowl 50 win with an MVP-caliber game, his attention shifted to another entirely unrelated subject: Johnny Manziel, who's dominated the headlines lately with his latest off-the-field troubles, this time for allegedly assaulting his ex-girlfriend.

It actually wasn't that long ago when Miller was considered a liability due to his own troubles, though not nearly at the same scale as Manziel's mistakes. But in 2013, Miller was suspended six games for violating the league's drug policy. Now he's the MVP of the most important game of the season, recording 2.5 sacks of Cam Newton and forcing two crucial fumbles.

This is the advice Miller, who like Manziel attended Texas A&M, offered to the quarterback following the Broncos' championship.

"Johnny Man, you know its a hard time," Miller said. "I've been in the same situation. Just keep grinding. I'm here with you, brother. Keep grinding, you too can do it ... I love you."

Miller also sent Manziel advice on Instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBhCjnTm0B7/

As it stands, Manziel, who isn't expected to return to the Browns, is still under investigation for the alleged incident. Furthermore, his dad recently revealed that he's fearful Manziel "won't live to see his 24th birthday."

Edited by VinStar

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15155074/gary-kubiak-johnny-manziel-talk-fit-denver-broncos

Gary Kubiak has spoken with Johnny Manziel, sources say

Denver Broncos coach Gary Kubiak has spoken with free-agent quarterback Johnny Manziel as a potential fit for the team down the line, according to two sources connected to the team.

Kubiak and Manziel both are former Texas A&M quarterbacks. But before the Broncos would make any move on Manziel, the sources said, the Broncos want to see how his pending legal issues and potential NFL discipline are resolved.

The Dallas police department referred a domestic violence case against Manziel to a grand jury in late February. The grand jury was to consider whether to charge the former Cleveland Browns quarterback on allegations that he attacked his ex-girlfriend. But the grand jury ended its term last week without hearing the misdemeanor assault case against Manziel, the Dallas County District Attorney's Office recently told KTVT.

A new grand jury is expected to be seated within a week to 10 days. A misdemeanor assault charge carries a maximum punishment of one year in jail and a $4,000 fine.

Regardless of whether he is charged, the NFL is expected to discipline Manziel, and a suspension is considered likely, according to the sources.

Should the Broncos sign Manziel -- and that could be weeks or months away -- Denver, according to the sources, would do so with stipulations that would include mandatory counseling and possible clinical work for Manziel.

Manziel has been living in Los Angeles, and there are those, according to the sources, who are concerned about how he's faring there and in general. The Broncos would want to protect themselves knowing Manziel's history. Manziel had a 10-week stay in a rehab facility in Pennsylvania for undisclosed reasons starting in January of 2015.

On Thursday morning at the annual Boy Scouts of America breakfast at the downtown Pepsi Center where Kubiak was the keynote speaker, he said the Broncos are focused on the two quarterbacks currently on the roster.

"We need to stay focused on the guys on our team right now,'' Kubiak said, referring to Mark Sanchez and Trevor Siemian.

The Broncos also have had trade discussions with the San Francisco 49ers regarding Colin Kaepernick but would need the quarterback to agree to a pay cut from his scheduled $11.9 million salary for 2016, a sticking point that has stalled talks. Denver also is expected to take a long look at the quarterbacks in the draft.

9 News Denver's Mike Klis disputes free agent Johnny Manziel's recent claim that he is living with Broncos LB Von Miller.

"Super Bowl MVP, Von Miller, my brother. I’m living with him right now," Manziel told TMZ. "We’re getting our lives together, bro." Miller's life is already together, and he isn't living with Manziel. Miller is currently living in a Los Angeles home provided by ABC's Dancing with the Stars. In addition to alcohol and/or drug addiction, Manziel appears to be detached from reality, or at least intent on trying to convince others he's "getting his life together."

2:37 PM ET ESPN.com news services
Johnny Manziel says he has found a roommate who is on a quest to get the troubled quarterback back into the NFL.
"I'm living out here with my guy, Von Miller. Everybody knows Von Miller. Super Bowl MVP, Von Miller, my brother. I'm living with him right now," Manziel told TMZ on Saturday night. "We're getting our lives together, bro."
Manziel's comments were made in the West Hollywood area. Manziel briefly commandeered the TMZ camera before the videographer started asking him questions.
However, sources tell ESPN that the quarterback is actually not living with Miller. Instead, the sources say, Manziel is living with Cleveland wide receiver Josh Gordon in an apartment off of Sunset Boulevard.

there's no way that ends poorly, right? :rofl:

Neither of them deserve to play for another NFL team. Just dissappear please.

I will lock this topic if it doesn't die. At this point, talking about Manziel is like talking about Tebow. Pointless.

• Upvote 1

Why did you have to mention his name... why? LET IT DIE BWARE. :D

sorry Bware, this thread can never die

Agent Drew Rosenhaus terminates contract with Johnny Manziel, will reconsider if QB gets treatment

10:18 AM ET ESPN.com news services
Johnny Manziel's second agent this offseason, Drew Rosenhaus, has informed the former Cleveland Browns quarterback that either he gets treatment or Rosenhaus no longer will represent him.
"I have terminated the standard representation with Johnny Manziel in the hopes of helping him get the treatment I believe he needs," Rosenhaus told ESPN's Adam Schefter. "I have informed him that if he takes the immediate steps I have outlined for him that I will rescind the termination and continue to represent him. Otherwise the termination will become permanent. There is a five-day window for me to rescind the termination. I'm hoping he takes the necessary steps to get his life back on track."
Rosenhaus said that from the beginning his agreement with Manziel ‎was contingent upon the QB entering a treatment facility, which he has persistently refused to do.
"I wasn't walking into an easy situation, but it has descended," Rosenhaus told SiriusXM NFL Radio on Wednesday night. "It has consistently gotten worse. Quite honestly, one of the things I talked to him about from Day 1 ... was to get back to getting help, so that the reasons he was released by the Browns would be in the past and that he could move forward with his life as a positive member of society and take advantage of all the gifts that he has. ... The world can be his. But obviously, in many respects he needs guidance right now, he needs help, and needs to gain control of his life again. And obviously, before he can even think about football, he's got to do those things.
"Right now I believe for him to have a chance to have a successful life -- forget football for a moment -- I think it's imperative for him to get help. I'm taking a stand here purely to help this man. I got involved with the idea that I'd be able to make a difference, and l'm really grasping at straws. This is the last thing I can do.
"This is a life-or-death situation," Rosenhaus said on SiriusXM. "I'm not talking about football anymore. I'm talking about a young man who is in trouble. And at the end of the day, I have a responsibility. I'm not going to see him go down in flames with me as his agent. He's either going to have to take necessary steps to get his life back on track or he's going to have to find someone else to stand by and watch him injure himself. It won't be me."
Rosenhaus never has fired a player in 27 years as an NFL agent, according to ESPN's Ed Werder.
and for those of you keeping count at home, Rosenhaus is the second agent to drop Manziel this offseason
Edited by oochymp

The owner of a trashed multi-million-dollar Hollywood home rented by free agent Johnny Manziel last week claims a person identifying himself as suspended Browns WR Josh Gordon was in the house with Manziel.

The L.A. house was notoriously damaged and strewn with alcohol and drugs, to the extent Manziel has been billed $32,000. Landlord Nicholas Goodwin says he never saw Manziel or Gordon drinking or doing drugs, but did see "what appeared to be cocaine on a table and other substances that appeared to be mushrooms and marijuana when the two were in the home." Gordon is also believed to have picked up Manziel following a late-night/early-morning hit-and-run incident in L.A. last Saturday night. Agent Drew Rosenhaus recently stated he is confident Gordon will be reinstated from suspension and play the 2016 season.

Rehab included bunking with Josh Gordon and going harder than ever before.

• Upvote 1

Just dropping in to say FUCK JOHNNY MANZIEL! Fuck him with a hot iron in his butthole.

• Upvote 1

Josh and Johnny..... This has Adult Swim written all over it. For only like one season though. It'd just get cancled.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9271/johnny-manziel

Former NFL QB Johnny Manziel was kicked out of a Vegas nightclub on Friday night after he allegedly "hauled off and punched a guy."

Standing in a VIP booth at Jewel Nightclub, Manziel allegedly "got pushed" when club goers began pushing and shoving after rapper Drake showed up for a surprise performance. Manziel proceeded to "slug" a fellow club goer and was kicked out by security. TMZ also recently released photos of Manziel without his shirt in which he appears emaciated with tattoos all over his body.

This circus is never coming to an end, is it?

It'll end whenever he happens to overdose.

Ex-NFL QB Johnny Manziel's friends are convinced he'll die if he continues his behavior.

Manziel continues to drink heavily and is now allegedly not even trying to hide his cocaine issue. "He's in a horrible downward spiral," one person close to Manziel said. "If he continues this way for much longer he will die." Apparently a group of Manziel's friends tried to confront him about his problems, but he "flipped out and wouldn't hear it." We have a hard time believing Manziel even has "friends." He seems to merely have drinking and drug buddies.
Source: TMZ Sports

Ex-NFL QB. :ooo:

It's honestly sad to watch. Dude being crushed by everything that has happened.

If you're going to take the blame out of his hands, blame his parents for not teaching his silver-spoon ass any humility.

Edited by Zack_of_Steel

Manziel is the football edition of one of the child celebrities that lost their shit as they got older.

The New York Post reports ex-NFL QB Johnny Manziel "went missing" over the weekend when he was supposed to host a party in the Hamptons for friends and family.

Manziel was scheduled for a helicopter ride to the Hamptons on Saturday, but "didn't show" for his flight. TMZ reported Manziel "got into a confrontation" outside the Trump Solo hotel on Friday night after Manziel and friends crashed a rented Mercedes Benz in Los Angeles and the owner of the rental "tracked him down and came looking for him." Manziel news is no longer football relevant, but tracking his post-career escapades has been pretty fascinating.

Worse than Brittany Spears meltdown.

Edited by Chernobyl426