BLUE

The Johnny Manziel thread

Josh McCown must have nude pics of important people in the league to continue getting starting jobs handed to him without actually being good.

They needed to just stick with Manziel and see if he improves. He is ceiling is flash in the pan but at least its better than McCown.

• Upvote 1

Eh. Manziel wasn't that impressive. He had two big plays that... let's be honest. You can't rely on to be consistent. I mean just watch them, lol. If McCown really sucks, then sure, why not.. the season is lost anyway. But I see no reason to deter from McCown just yet.

Eh. Manziel wasn't that impressive. He had two big plays that... let's be honest. You can't rely on to be consistent. I mean just watch them, lol. If McCown really sucks, then sure, why not.. the season is lost anyway. But I see no reason to deter from McCown just yet.

not to mention one of those big plays was aided by this:

https://instagram.com/p/75gKfBw8P-/

Manziel may not be that impressive. But when you spend a 1st rounder on someone and have no playoff hopes. Why waste your time on a journey man QB with no upside? The Browns have either seen enough of Manziel to say "He is not the future" or are still the same old Browns. I'll go with the latter, because anyone taking Manziel in the first round clearly has no idea what its doing. And thats coming from a Raider fan :dry:

Edited by Dr. Death
  • Upvote 2

not to mention one of those big plays was aided by this:

https://instagram.com/p/75gKfBw8P-/

And on the other big play Casey was held the entire time by the right tackle with a no-call.

But yeah, Manziel should start. McCown is going to take you nowhere, might as well find out what Manziel can do.

I thought McCown played fine. He had an INT to end the game which obviously you don't like seeing, but it was a great play by Charles Woodson. I still say give McCown a couple more weeks to feel it out.

I thought McCown played fine. He had an INT to end the game which obviously you don't like seeing, but it was a great play by Charles Woodson. I still say give McCown a couple more weeks to feel it out.

Quit trolling.

Different week, same title.

FOX Sports' Jay Glazer reports the Browns have named Johnny Manziel the starting quarterback for the rest of the season.

Manziel played his best game as a pro against the Steelers last week, and it made almost no sense for the 2-8 Browns to hand the reins back to 36-year-old Josh McCown for the meaningless stretch run. Manziel will now be given his first real chance to show what he can do over an extended run of games, and the Browns can use his performance to assess the quarterback situation this offseason. The only thing wrong with this move is it took this long to make. Manziel could have some streaming value in good matchups down the stretch.

Cleveland Browns coach Mike Pettine says he's not sure if Johnny Manziel will start Monday night

Cleveland Browns coach Mike Pettine said Tuesday he is "not in position yet" to say whether Johnny Manziel will start Monday night against the Baltimore Ravens as planned after social media posts showed Manziel allegedly partying last weekend in Texas.
Pettine said he is gathering information but called the latest incident involving his quarterback "disappointing ... very."
"I want to sit down and discuss it before I knee jerk and kind of go off on a potential tangent with it," Pettine said, while also acknowledging: "It's a little easier to handle when it's just a one-time occurrence, but when behavior repeats, not just him but with anybody, it's certainly a cause for concern."
"You have a vision of what you want the team to look like, how you want them to handle themselves when they're out of the building. We talk a lot about it ... so when things like this happen -- and not just him, but just in general -- any team when you have incidents like that [where] a guy knows that he represents more than himself and has issues off the field, it is frustrating," Pettine said.
Pettine said he had spoken to Manziel on Monday night but was still in the process of finding out details. He said an update was likely on Wednesday.
Backup Josh McCown (ribs) has been cleared, Pettine said, and is "good to go" should he need to start.

the train wreck continues

(click the link at the top for the full article)

Johnny Manziel has been replaced by Josh McCown as the starting quarterback for the Cleveland Browns, the team announced Tuesday.
One week after being named the team's starter, Manziel has been demoted to the third-string quarterback for Monday night's game against the Baltimore Ravens after social media posts surfaced this week showing Manziel allegedly partying last weekend in Texas during the team's bye week.
"Everyone in this organization wants what is best for Johnny just like we do for every player in our locker room. I'm especially disappointed in his actions and behavior because he has been working very hard," head coach Mike Pettine said in a statement.
"The improvements from last year to this year have been tremendous but he still has to consistently demonstrate that he has gained a good understanding of what it takes to be successful at the quarterback position on this level. It goes well beyond the field. We are going to continue to support him in every way possible, but at this point, we've decided it's best to go with Josh as the starter going forward."

Looks like Pettine made up his mind

Browns gonna Browns. So Manziel was drinking on the bye week :yao: . Big deal. Josh Gordon going out getting stoned every week and driving drunk. But would still start tomorrow if he could.

• Upvote 1

Browns gonna Browns. So Manziel was drinking on the bye week :yao: . Big deal. Josh Gordon going out getting stoned every week and driving drunk. But would still start tomorrow if he could.

Agreed. This is so stupid and childish of the Browns IMO. It's not like he committed a crime (this time) while out drinking.

The only way I can even make a fraction of some sense for benching him for that, is if he straight up told his coaches/GM/owner/whoever that he would give up alcohol to be in their good graces and to earn their trust in him as the starting QB.

Totally alright for a guy who was in a ten-week rehab not too long ago to be out partying and (likely) drinking. :yep:

The incompetency of the Browns organization will never cease to amaze me...

This reeks of "we don't like him and are looking for any reason to not play him."

Totally alright for a guy who was in a ten-week rehab not too long ago to be out partying and (likely) drinking. :yep:

Going to rehab doesn't mean he has to totally stop drinking. Maybe he wanted to learn how to control it better. He certainly isn't doing anything out of the norm of someone his age.

He just needs to put himself in better situations. A guy with a known drinking problem should be putting distance between themselves and that scene -- or if you have to do it, do it at home with a couple buddies maybe. He knows that if he does this kind of stuff, people will notice, and people will make a big deal out of it with his history.

That alone should keep him away from the stuff. He has to be a lot smarter.

Going to rehab doesn't mean he has to totally stop drinking. Maybe he wanted to learn how to control it better. He certainly isn't doing anything out of the norm of someone his age.

Usually people who go to rehab have already tried moderation unsuccessfully, that's why they end up in rehab

It's a fucking bye week. I'd bet half the team had some drinks. If it doesn't interfere with his professional career there is no issue. You don't demote an employee because someone put up a photo of them drinking a beer.

You do when said player has a questionable history and needs to keep his nose clean

Way too easy, Vin. Picking up the scraps.

It's a fucking bye week. I'd bet half the team had some drinks. If it doesn't interfere with his professional career there is no issue. You don't demote an employee because someone put up a photo of them drinking a beer.

Social media is free game to look at. That's why you don't put shit up in the first place. They didn't teach you this in high school?

Social media is free game to look at. That's why you don't put shit up in the first place. They didn't teach you this in high school?

Yes I understand social media very well no need to be a condescending shit. It's still insanely foolish to bench him for something off the field that hasn't affected his game on the field.

• Upvote 1