BLUE

The Johnny Manziel thread

Per Rotoworld.com:

Johnny Manziel was questioned by Fort Worth Police after an alleged altercation with his girlfriend.

Manziel was not arrested, and the Browns declined to comment. Fort Worth Police corporal Tracey Knight said a full report on the incident should be released Saturday. This situation will certainly not help warm new Browns coach Hue Jackson to the idea of keeping Manziel around. Johnny has likely played his last snap in Cleveland. Jan 30 - 11:43 AM

Source: NBC 5 DFW

In a press release, Fort Worth Police said they are "actively working" to determine if a criminal offense occurred during an alleged altercation between Johnny Manziel and his girlfriend.

Police responded to a report of a possible assault early Saturday morning. Manziel's girlfriend admitted she was involved in a disturbance with Manziel, but she was uncooperative with police at the scene. The girlfriend had concerns about Manziel's well-being, but Manziel was found safe. No charges have been filed. The Browns declined comment. NFL spokesperson Greg Aiello said the league is "aware and looking into it." Jan 30 - 2:03 PM

Source: Fort Worth PD on Twitter

CLEVELAND, Ohio --- Texas police searched for Johnny Manziel with a helicopter early Saturday morning and are investigating allegations that he assaulted his ex-girlfriend.

According to a statement by the Forth Worth police, they used their Air One Unit helicopter to try to find Manziel because the female -- who told police Manziel was her ex-boyfriend -- was worried about his well-being.

They tried several of his cell phone numbers and checked locations around the Forth Worth area, but couldn't find him. It was later determined that he was safe and in no danger.

Full article: http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2016/01/texas_police_search_for_johnny.html

Edited by BLUE

Why? He is a grown man. Manziel is nothing more than a spoiled brat. His career should be over at this point. He doesn't have the mental capacity to be a NFL QB. It's a shame because he has talent to be something.

Why? He is a grown man. Manziel is nothing more than a spoiled brat. His career should be over at this point. He doesn't have the mental capacity to be a NFL QB. It's a shame because he has talent to be something.

his problem is much more maturity than intelligence, that may be what you're talking about here but your wording is confusing

Cleveland Browns moving on from Johnny Manziel after latest incident, source says

Pat McManamon
ESPN Staff Writer
Johnny Manziel's time with the Cleveland Browns will come to an end in March, according to a league source.
The Browns released a statement from new director of football operations Sashi Brown on Tuesday that expressed disappointment in Manziel but stopped short of saying the quarterback's run in Cleveland is over.
Johnny Manziel's impending release from the Browns may be the final Cleveland entry in his NFL timeline, which takes a look at the headlines made since he was drafted 22nd in 2014, Pat McManamon writes.
"We've been clear about expectations for our players on and off the field. Johnny's continual involvement in incidents that run counter to those expectations undermines the hard work of his teammates and the reputation of our organization," Brown said. "His status with our team will be addressed when permitted by league rules. We will have no further comment at this time."
The reference to league rules points to the fact that the Browns do not have the salary cap space to release Manziel on Feb. 8, the day after the Super Bowl and the first day they can do so. The move will take place when the new NFL year starts March 9, according to the source. Releasing Manziel in February would count $4.6 million against the cap, and due to the cap's machinations, the Browns do not have that space -- and will not have it in February. The cap will increase in March, which will allow them to release Manziel then.
The Browns can also try to trade him when the league year begins, however, but likely will encounter difficulty doing so because of his off-field issues.
so where does he land? Dallas is the easy answer, but it might also be the best, there's no question he'd be behind Romo in the lineup so he could sit back out of the spotlight and get his off-field shit together, but is he going to want to get out of the spotlight? and is he going to be able to get his off-field shit together in any circumstance?

Cuda happy.

Good riddance. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

ESPN Dallas considers it "hard to imagine" Johnny Manziel will end up with the Cowboys after he's released by the Browns.

Per reporter Todd Archer, "heads immediately shake" when Manziel's name is mentioned at Valley Ranch. Archer accurately points out that all the people who talked owner Jerry Jones out of Manziel at the 2014 Draft remain in place. The Cowboys badly need a viable backup, but will likely decide Manziel isn't worth the risk on the field or off of it.
Source: ESPN Dallas

The Cowboys need a VIABLE backup. So why is Manziel being brought up at all? Lol... I am sure it is because of Jerry's interest previously, but even signing him for the minimum doesn't help them solve their problem.

According to ABC Dallas, Johnny Manziel allegedly told his ex-girlfriend Colleen Crowley to "shut up or I'll kill us both."

Per the report, Crowley thought Manziel was "on drugs or maybe having a psychotic break." There are numerous disturbing allegations of abuse, from Manziel hitting Crowley multiple times to forcing her into a car against her will. He threatened to kill himself multiple times. Crowley has sought a protective order against the quarterback. Manziel's life has clearly spiraled out of control. He won't be in the league next season.
Source: ABC Dallas

:wut:

If you're gonna kill yourself, don't take anyone with you. Give us some good news this time.

• Upvote 1

Both Dallas and Fort Worth police have opted not to press charges against Johnny Manziel in his alleged domestic violence case.

ABC Dallas reported disturbing allegations from Manziel's ex-girlfriend on Thursday, but she refused to cooperate with police. Manziel is lucky with the law, but from an NFL perception standpoint, the damage has already been done. Charges or no charges, Manziel seems like a person in need of serious help. It's difficult to envision him being on someone's 53-man roster in 2016.

In the latest development in the Johnny Manziel saga, his agent released a statement Friday saying he is cutting ties with the Cleveland Browns quarterback.
"It is with deep regret that, after several emotional and very personal discussions with his family, his doctors and my client himself, I have made the decision to terminate my professional relationship with Johnny Manziel," agent Erik Burkhardt said in a statement.
"Though I will remain a friend and Johnny supporter, and he knows I have worked tirelessly to arrange a number of professional options for him to continue to pursue, it has become painfully obvious that his future rests solely in his own hands," Burkhardt said. "His family and I have gone to great lengths to outline the steps we feel he must take to get his life in order. Accountability is the foundation of any relationship, and without it, the function of my work is counterproductive.
"I truly wish the best for Johnny and sincerely hope he can, and will, find the kind of peace and happiness he deserves."

looks like the Browns aren't the first to drop him, this is nuts

If Johnny Manziel doesn't receive help, he won't make it to his next birthday, his father told The Dallas Morning News on Friday.
Manziel's father, Paul, told the newspaper that the Cleveland Browns quarterback has refused to enter area rehab facilities twice in the past week. He said the family tried to get Manziel, 23, to enter a local addiction facility on Saturday, but Manziel refused to stay. Paul Manziel said he tried to have his son admitted to a psychiatric and chemical dependency hospital on Tuesday, but Manziel was allowed to leave, despite his father telling officers that he believed Manziel was suicidal.
"I truly believe if they can't get him help, he won't live to see his 24th birthday," Paul Manziel told the paper.

well this has just gotten sad

:mellow:

What a prick, "they"....really? How about you do your job as a parent.

good point, Manziel did not get to where he is on his own and that word choice definitely tells you a lot

then there's this:

IRVING, Texas -- As he watches Johnny Manziel go through some of the same issues that cost him his NFL career, Ryan Leaf reached out to the quarterback's former agent to offer help.
Leaf, whom the San Diego Chargers picked second overall -- one spot behind Peyton Manning -- in the 1998 draft, was out of the league after the 2002 season, which included three starts for the Dallas Cowboys in 2001.
Leaf spent time in prison twice in part because of a Vicodin addiction. He has been out of prison since December 2014.
"It's like a mirror, it really is," Leaf said Thursday on The Afternoon Show with Tim Cowlishaw and Matt Mosley on KESN 103.3 FM. "I listen to and hear stuff that's being said and what's going on and it's like a mirror for me. I can relate to so many things ... There's a solution. There always is but it's so hard to see when you're on this pedestal and [think] you don't need help. You don't need to be vulnerable because you're a big, strong football player and help means [being] weak. It doesn't. Asking for help might be the strongest thing you ever do. So it's hard because it was so fun to watch him. Great college quarterback. He's very capable and people want to cheer for him.
"But now Cleveland dislikes him so much to the point, like San Diego to me [where] it's at the point you just have to get out of town. By me getting out of town and getting a new start, it didn't work for me either. I got to a great place in Tampa with coach [Tony] Dungy and that team but I couldn't restart it and I'm worried that he's not going to be able to catch on somewhere else and be as successful as he's capable of being. I hope he can."

I hadn't really thought about that parallel, but it's hard not to see it at this point

Edited by oochymp
  • Upvote 2

What a prick, "they"....really? How about you do your job as a parent.

I mean, from the article:

Paul Manziel said he tried to have his son admitted to a psychiatric and chemical dependency hospital on Tuesday, but Manziel was allowed to leave, despite his father telling officers that he believed Manziel was suicidal.

Not sure a how a hospital lets a guy walk like that, but his parents were at least doing something. I guess you could go further back to when he was a kid and lay the blame on them there, but some people are just gonna suck no matter what you do.

Edited by Vin
  • Upvote 2

Manziel suffers from a disease and as many people pushing him in the right direction as there are the only way he will get the help he needs is if he realizes it and he wants the help.

Dallas police have initiated a criminal investigation into Johnny Manziel for domestic violence.

Manziel wasn't charged for the latest incident with his ex-girlfriend, but the case was reopened after a complaint was filed on Friday. Legal issues for Manziel continue to pile
up. Manziel's situation will be updated when more info is available.

All of this legal action is kind of messed up given where Johnny is supposedly at mentally.

And fair play, if true, to that Vin. But yes ultimately it goes much further back than the past year obviously.

Per Rotoworld.com:

According to the police affidavit signed by alleged victim Colleen Crowley, Johnny Manziel beat and threatened to kill Crowley on January 29.

Manziel's ex-girlfriend, Crowley filed the affidavit as part of a request for a restraining order against Johnny Football. Crowley alleges Manziel hit her so hard he ruptured her eardrum and caused what's so far been permanent hearing loss in Crowley's left ear. Crowley also accuses Manziel of preventing her from leaving a Dallas hotel room and grabbing her by the hair and throwing Crowley into a vehicle. "Shut up or I'll kill us both," Manziel allegedly told Crowley at one point. Manziel and Crowley dated for two years and lived together for four months in Cleveland before the Dallas incident. Manziel agreed to the restraining order, which forbids him from seeing Crowley for two years. Police are still investigating whether Manziel should be arrested for domestic violence. Feb 8 - 4:34 PM

Source: NBC 5 Dallas

Edited by BLUE