Sign in to follow this  
Dutch

Best Receiving Corps 2014

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which team will be the best receiving corps in the NFL?

• Broncos - Demaryius Thomas, Wes Welker, Julius Thomas, Cody Latimer
    • Bears - Brandon Marshall, Ashlon Jeffrey, Matte Forte, Martellus Bennett
    • Colts - Reggie Wayne, Hakeem Nicks, T.Y Hilton, Donte Moncrief
    • 49ers - Michael Crabtree, Stevie Johnson, Anquan Boldin, Vernon Davis
    • Redskins - Desean Jackson, Pierre Garcon, Jordan Reed, Andre Roberts
    • Bucs - Vincent Jackson, Mike Evans, Austin Sefarian-Jenkins, Doug Martin
    • Lions - Calvin Johnson, Golden Tate, Eric Ebron, Reggie Bush
    • Eagles - Jeremy Maclin, Jordan Matthews, McCoy/Sproles, Zach Ertz
    • Falcons - Julio Jones, Roddy White, Harry Douglas
    • Ravens - Torrey Smith, Steve Smith, Marlon Brown, Dennis Pitta
    • Bengals - A.J Green, Marlon Jones, Gio Bennard, Tyler Eifert
    • Packers - Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, Davante Adams, Jared Abbrederis
    • Cwoboys - Dez bryant, Jason Witten, Terrance Williams, Devin Street/Beasley

Who do you guys believe will be the best receiving core in the NFL?

Talent wise, it's the 49ers in my opinion. However, I don't believe they will max out in their potential/productivity so I'm going with the Colts. They have one of the best QB's in the league at the helm and have a future Hall of Famer in Reggie Wayne and the addition of Hakeem Nicks who I believe still has it and will be BIG for them. They have a play maker in T.Y Hilton who is always a deep threat and adding Donte Moncrief who is a tall deep threat. Reggie can eat it up underneath in the slot, Nicks who can eat up anywhere and the two deep threats makes them a very dangerous receiving score. I expect big things for them this year.

Also, I think the Packers will go under the radar here but will be VEEERY dangerous TGP%20Yep%20Gif.gif

Edited by Dutch

Broncos are easily better than the Colts in my opinion. Sanders is going to be a big part of that offense.

I went homer with the Bears. Bears are awfully close too especially with Marquess Wilson on the verge of breaking out as our slot wr. My non homer choice and overall choice would be the Broncos.

Edited by monstersofthemidway

Broncos are easily better than the Colts in my opinion. Sanders is going to be a big part of that offense.

It was more of a projection list but either way, the Broncos are easy favorite though.

Mustn't leave my Texans out:-

Hopkins will show his worth this year.

Johnson will be his usual self.

Posey is also very close.

Foster has always had very reliable hands.

Graham and Griffin have also shown flashes and Fiedorowicz will get some chances.

We just need the QB to get the ball to them. :)

Edited by Wattafan

I went homer with the Bears. Bears are awfully close too especially with Marquess Wilson on the verge of breaking out as our slot wr. My non homer choice and overall choice would be the Broncos.

I don't think the Bears are a homer pick. You can argue quality over quantity with them.

• Upvote 1

I did not fully choose them because we don't have a proven slot man yet. But what I have been hearing about wilson is getting me super excited,.

I went Bears too. Forte is one of the best receiving backs there is and then you got Marshall and Alshon? Sheeeeiiiiit. Bennett is really solid too, had his best year under Trestman last year. Wilson is a monster waiting to happen too.

I don't think you voted Terry, I'm the only vote for the Bears so far.

Edited by CampinWithGoatSampson

Bucs are a dark horse if Evans and ASJ show up. Don't forget the Bengals though. I'd say we have a potential top 5 receiver group if all goes well.

Changed my vote to the Bears, because of the quality of their starters. Top five for me are them, Broncos, Bengals, Packers, and Redskins.

I sad San Fran. Now that they added Stevie Johnson they have a really good mix of possession WR's and guys who can take the top off your defense.

I'd say the Chicago Bears are #1. Not really impressed with Marshall but he and Alshon compliment each other as good as any duo. And Matt Forte has to be in the discussion with how involved he is in the passing game.

Not really impressed with Marshall

LLRvGvw.gif

• Upvote 2

If they all stay healthy, Washington's WRs are the best through 1, 2, 3, and 4. Jackson/Garcon/Reed/Roberts is fucking insane.

If they all stay healthy, Washington's WRs are the best through 1, 2, 3, and 4. Jackson/Garcon/Reed/Roberts is fucking insane.

Not really. (Talent wise) Goes Marshall, Jeffrey, Garcon, Jackson, Roberts, Wilson. And I'd take Bennett over Reed.

So doing a points system, of 6-1 it'd be 12 to 9.

Marsh: 6

Alsh: 5

Garcon: 4

DJax: 3

Roberts: 2

Wilson: 1

Even not using that logic it'd be the threat of two top 10(top 7, maybe) WRs and a massive physical prospect. That and a good TE like Martellus. Going up against two top 20 guys and a 50-65 range in the slot. That and a TE about equal to Bennett.

Also consider Forte vs. Morris

Edited by Chernobyl426

Blatantly not adding the Cowboys receiving core to this list shows your plain as day bias, Dutch.

You were better than that.

• Downvote 1

Blatantly not adding the Cowboys receiving core to this list shows your plain as day bias, Dutch.

I'm sorry that I'm human and liable to forget things. Like how great the Cowboys are.

Edited by Dutch
  • Upvote 1

One thing about Washington's WR's. They compliment each other perfectly on paper. DeSean is the burner they needed to go with Garcon, who's become more of a possession WR and Roberts, who's a slot guy. Jordan Reed could see a lot of favorable match ups too, but they've yet to play together.

• Upvote 1

Dez Bryant, Terrance Williams, Dwayne Harris, scrubs 1-7.

• Upvote 1

Well, seeing as how the question was for 2014....sure I will homer out with my Redskins. As another poster mentioned, this could be a very dynamic offense, especially with DJ paired with Garcon. Add Reed on the inside with Roberts. Defenses will not be able to double Garcon anymore, and stack the box to stop our run. To be honest, Roberts is a bit of an unknown to me.....but Reed was a football catching machine last season prior to injury.......Garcon set our single season reception mark last season so the chemistry is there between Reed,Garcon and Robert. DJ's talents are well known, and God only knows I love the fact that he will be burning other teams deep and not my team.

But the key to how well our WR's do this season will rest in the hands of #10. If he returns to a form similiar to the '12 season vice '13 season.....then our offense will not be the issue in Washington this season.

• Upvote 2

Well, seeing as how the question was for 2014....sure I will homer out with my Redskins. As another poster mentioned, this could be a very dynamic offense, especially with DJ paired with Garcon. Add Reed on the inside with Roberts. Defenses will not be able to double Garcon anymore, and stack the box to stop our run. To be honest, Roberts is a bit of an unknown to me.....but Reed was a football catching machine last season prior to injury.......Garcon set our single season reception mark last season so the chemistry is there between Reed,Garcon and Robert. DJ's talents are well known, and God only knows I love the fact that he will be burning other teams deep and not my team.

But the key to how well our WR's do this season will rest in the hands of #10. If he returns to a form similiar to the '12 season vice '13 season.....then our offense will not be the issue in Washington this season.

Welcome to the boards and great first post. But yeah, I totally agree with what you said. When we released Desean Jackson, the first thing I said is I hope he doesn't go to the Redskins. Then BOOM :shifty:. The Redskins truly have one of the most formidable receiving cores in the league; on paper. We all have to see how it's going to pan out but if RG3 is back healthy this year, I believe offensively the Redskins are going to be able to put up a lot of points. If RG3 can plant his leg and throw his deep ball like he did back in his rookie year, that connection to Desean Jackson is going to be straight lethal. Then when you consider Pierre Garcon (who had a break out year), Reed, Roberts who should do well in his slot role AND Alfred Morris in the back field... The Redskins should be able to shoot out with anyone. But like you said, it all falls down to RG3 and his ability to get these play makers the ball.

Dez Bryant, Terrance Williams, Dwayne Harris, scrubs 1-7.

And a Hall of Famer in Jason Witten

I'd just like to point out if you try and tell a non-Bears NFCN fan that Brandon Marshall is a top WR in this league and their instant response is...

'I'm not impressed'

'He's overrated'

'He's too big'

I mean...I hate the Saints within every fiber of my being, but Im not going to sit back and say that I'm not impressed with Drew Brees' lul

Edited by ATL
  • Upvote 2