Sign in to follow this  
Vin

TGP Radio 2014: NFC West Preview

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/vindication/2014/07/06/tgp-radio-2014-nfc-west-preview

Woo vacations.

Finally back with a new episode this week, and with it begins our look at one division per week, leading up to the start of the season.

Football draws nigh, gentlemen.

:panic:

Thanks for calling in, Dutch. Much appreciated, as always.

Np. That was probably the most indecisive show I've ever been apart of :laugh:

Man, if this wasn't on the fricken 4th of July I woulda hopped on. Easily the best division in football, too bad we didn't start with like the AFC east or something and save the best for a better date.

I disagree on a few accounts.

I don't think the Seahawks schedule is easy by any means. The Chargers, Chiefs, Broncos, Panthers, Eagles, and Packers are not easy matchups. We play the 49ers twice in three weeks, and then finish the year with 3 divisional games.

Also, the Rams and Seahawks both added some pretty big pieces. The Rams had maybe the best draft in the league. That D-line is now unblockable with Aaron Donald added (not sure why that pick was shrugged off), Joyner takes the weak spot out of the secondary. Franchise tackle Greg Robinson and runningback Tre Mason are also instant impact players. Fisher showed that he is ready to play old school bruiser ball with the Hawks and 49ers. The Rams this year kind of remind me of an old school Chicago Bears team.

The Seahawks aren't necessarily better as a whole, but offensively, Wilson has never had a receiver like Paul Richardson before which will be very interesting to see. The Kevin Norwood pick is overlooked because of how deep the WR class was but with that pick, we suddenly have a serious crop of WRs, to the point where either Kearse or Sidney Rice may actually be subtracted from the mix. Maxwell showed he was ready to start in a crowded secondary last year. Browner was already pretty irrelevant as he was the honestly a downgrade from Maxwell and Thurmond on the other side upon his return. Kevin Williams coming over from Minnesota might not be groundbreaking but I love having that mean mofo on our line on the early downs.

Edited by BC
  • Upvote 2

To me, you guys should fairly easily beat the Chiefs and Chargers, and probably the Broncos too since they're at your place. I'll give you the other three games you mentioned though.

I guess part of my thing is that I expect you guys to win all of your home games, no matter who you're playing, so that pretty much weakens what could be a stronger schedule.

And the Rams are going to die this season. If they go better than 7-9 I'll be shocked. Not because they suck, but because their schedule is damn brutal, especially after their bye.

Edited by Vin