Vin

TGP User Awards?

User Awards  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Bring 'Em Back Alive?

Biggest Contributor should be the Paul Brown award.

Slight nitpick here, but I would name the baseball award the Keith Law Award. Because Keith Law is the man. :yep:

Edited by Sarge

Slight nitpick here, but I would name the baseball award the Keith Law Award. Because Keith Law is the man. :yep:

No McCutheon.

Kevin Weekes Award instead of Barry Melrose.

Underrated could be Earl Thomas. I don't think he gets enough recognition for how well he holds the defense together. Maybe Joe Thomas?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I feel like Bangy wouldn't even get the negative rep award this time around.

Anyways, sounds fun. I don't recall doing this the first time around, I must have missed the entire thing.

Badgers pls im still at -148 or something like that.

Underrated could be Earl Thomas. I don't think he gets enough recognition for how well he holds the defense together. Maybe Joe Thomas?

Really ? You think Earl Thomas s underrated. It seems like you can not even have a discussion about other safeties because of him. People wont allow a debate for any other safety who could possibly even deserve to be on the same field as Thomas.

Edited by Ngata_Chance

Peyton Manning MVP Award - Most valuable poster

Ed Hochuli Award - Best moderator

Barry Sanders Rookie of the Year Award - Best new poster (dating back to July 12, 2011)

Sir Isaac Newton Award - Most knowledgeable poster

Adam Schefter Award - Best news breaker

Mike Mayock Award - Best draft expert

Dave Chapel Award - Funniest poster

Steve McNair Award - Most underrated poster

Mr. Sports Fan Award - Most well-rounded sports fan

Steve Sabol Award - Biggest contributor to the board

Michael Irvin Award - Biggest homer

Barry Melrose award - Best hockey poster

Tim Kurkjin award - Best baseball poster

Charles Barkley award - Best basketball poster

Tony Dungy award - Nicest poster

Ndamukong Suh Award - Most likely to get a negative rep

Larry Fitzgerald Award - Most likely to get a positive rep

Skip Bayless Award - Biggest troll

There are some of my suggestions along with the Suh and Sabol ones, which were spot on. I chose Sanders for the ROY award because he was the greatest ROY ever IMO, but my bias might be showing a little bit there. Just some thoughts.

ATL, on 12 Jul 2014 - 1:53 PM, said:

Biggest Hipster Award.

Favre4Ever Award: Favre4Ever :troll:Nothin' but love buddy.

Really ? You think Earl Thomas s underrated. It seems like you can not even have a discussion about other safeties because of him. People wont allow a debate for any other safety who could possibly even deserve to be on the same field as Thomas.

See: The media. I don't underrate Earl Thomas, but everyone praises Sherman over Thomas when Thomas is actually the backbone of the Seattle defense and the key piece to it all.

• Upvote 1

See: The media. I don't underrate Earl Thomas, but everyone praises Sherman over Thomas when Thomas is actually the backbone of the Seattle defense and the key piece to it all.

Okay, but that's nitpicky in the grand scheme of things. We need a guy nobody in the media talks about, but who ranks among the best players at his position.

Jamaal Charles?

How is MVP and Best Contributor any different? The most valuable player is the player who contributes the most to the team.

Brent Grimes

Brent Grimes is a great choice. I also thought of London Fletcher. The dude has been underrated for about 97% of his career.

How is MVP and Best Contributor any different? The most valuable player is the player who contributes the most to the team.

Being a good contributor doesn't necessarily entail being a good poster. There are also other ways to contribute outside of posting.

That's what happens when you get yourself in/on camera all the time.

I'm down for helping out again this time around, Vincenzo. :yep:

For the rest of you, here's the award list from last year. We probably need to update it a bit. For instance, the RoY award needs a new name, though "Sheldon Richardson Rookie of the Year Award" doesn't sound quite right. Maybe just the simple "Rookie of the Year Award?"

Also, the negative rep award needs a new name. I think James Harrison is a little dated. Who to take his place...Ndamukong Suh?

And - Joe Buck Award - for the most objective poster.

How is that actually ? I mean I know it is a trendy pick and every "fan" I know loves to say well it is the cover 3 scheme. The thing of that is, most people who say that heard it from someone else who again heard it from someone else so the only real "knowledge" they have is second hand and they themselves only know how to spell it, but that is where the "knwledge" ends.

I mean if anybody did any real research on this coming up for a compelling argument where Sherman benefits from Thomas instead of the other way round more than half the time to me would be something I have not seen.

I like London Fletcher being the underrated poster award. That'll stick for a few years.

Why not the offensive lineman award. I cant think of a position more unheralded.

I could could contribute a ton with new news stories or happenings from the league but my construction of post could be piss poor.

For the record, regarding the MVP and Biggest Contributor awards...

Last time we did these, RazorStar won both awards, though the nominees were slightly different.

Okay, but that's nitpicky in the grand scheme of things. We need a guy nobody in the media talks about, but who ranks among the best players at his position.

London Fletcher?

Except for the 50 "London Fletcher never gets respect. Lets all talk about how much respect London Fletcher doesnt get. Because you know, he's really a great player who deserves more respect" That came out basically every year that he played.

Or the "Fred Taylor" award. Criminally underrated even more so than Fletcher. He's only made the pro bowl once throughout his entire 13 year career which is absurd. Fred Taylor was a boss.