Bay

Top 10 QBs

Cam doesn't overcome lesser talent better than Romo. You've all seen Tony with guys like Patrick Crayton, Laurent Robinson, washed up Terry Glenn, Cole Beasley, Dwayne Harris, Roy Williams (when Tony actually had to find him) Jesse Holly, Terrence "Oh shit, I dropped it" Williams, right?

I mean, the argument that Tony couldn't do as well if not better than Cam in Carolina is pretty damn funny.

Funny how 4 weeks into the season you were calling Williams OROTY and scoffed at the idea of someone saying Allen was better but now he is trash?

Edited by monstersofthemidway
  • Upvote 2

I would be on board with Thanatos if I gave a rat's ass about how well a QB can run the ball, but this is a passing league.

Newton's YPA is 0.02 less than Romo. He wasn't asked to throw as much, but when he did he was just as efficient.

Also Russell Wilson makes plenty of plays with his legs and he just won the SB.

• Upvote 1

I would be on board with Thanatos if I gave a rat's ass about how well a QB can run the ball, but this is a passing league.

Newton's YPA is 0.02 less than Romo. He wasn't asked to throw as much, but when he did he was just as efficient.

Yeah, but he's not as good of a passer, and it really isn't close, imo.

Also, Russell Wilson was one of the least effective Seahawks players in the Super Bowl. I would hardly say he had much to do with it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Cam doesn't overcome lesser talent better than Romo. You've all seen Tony with guys like Patrick Crayton, Laurent Robinson, washed up Terry Glenn, Cole Beasley, Dwayne Harris, Roy Williams (when Tony actually had to find him) Jesse Holly, Terrence "Oh shit, I dropped it" Williams, right?

I mean, the argument that Tony couldn't do as well if not better than Cam in Carolina is pretty damn funny.

Ted Ginn had done nothing prior to coming to Carolina. Brandon LaFell was made to look like a legit #2 despite his constant fuckups.

Cam also turns people into threats that weren't before.

Look I'm not saying its a rock solid proposition that Cam is the better QB. Like I said, they were #8 and #9 on my list. You Cowboy fans acting like its ludicrous to even suggest so is what I find ridiculous. Romo is not as good of a QB as Cowboy defenders claim. He simply isn't. Is he very good? Yes. Don't act like he's this god at the position.

Edited by Thanatos19

Patrick Crayton had a long and productive career in the slot.He was a solid player for a 3rd WR. The only time Romo hasn't had weapons was due to injuries and really that's only been the last few years. Lots of QB's have to deal with adversity.

Yeah, but he's not as good of a passer, and it really isn't close, imo.

Also, Russell Wilson was one of the least effective Seahawks players in the Super Bowl. I would hardly say he had much to do with it.

Why is he not as good of a passer? Because he had 2% less completion than Romo with a far worse WR corps? There's really no argument to be made that Romo is far better than Cam at passing, and saying it really isn't close is just putting on Romo-colored glasses.

Wilson was one of the least effective? What? You are just saying anything now. Sure the Hawks didn't need him to play well, but play well he did.

Also, TIL teams only play one game in the entire season.

Wilson ran for almost 500 yards this year, with 4 rushing TDs.

Dual-threat QBs are legit. You can cling to your outdated notion that pure pocket passers are the only thing that can succeed, but Wilson just proved otherwise.

Wilson didn't prove anything about the QB position other than that it's possible for a QB to have very little to do with his team's playoff run and Super Bowl win.

Look, I like Wilson and think that he can be an elite QB with weapons and time to develop, but he's not that good yet, and people need to quit lining up to suck him off.

• Downvote 1

Wilson didn't prove anything about the QB position other than that it's possible for a QB to have very little to do with his team's playoff run and Super Bowl win.

Look, I like Wilson and think that he can be an elite QB with weapons and time to develop, but he's not that good yet, and people need to quit lining up to suck him off.

I already went over this four pages ago. Please.

What is the point of playing in the NFL? Winning championships. QB lists should be judged on their ability to win your team a championship. This includes a number of factors, including regular season success, just weighed lower than postseason/clutch success.

The top statistical QBs that actually have success in crunch time go up top. Top statistical QBs that fail miserably when it matters either don't make the list or barely slide in on the back of their regular season stats (Peyton).

Ryan, Romo, and Peyton can put up all the stats they want, but until they prove that they can be the catalyst for their team when it actually matters, they're worth nothing more than a heartbreaking playoff loss.

Russell Wilson makes the list because he's been extremely efficient with a pretty lame group of receivers.

Regular Season (2 Years):

63.6% Cmp, 6,475 Yds, 8.1 YPA, 52 TDs, 19 INTs, 6.5 TD%, 2.4 INT%

Post Season (5 Games):

63.08% Cmp, 1,096 Yds, 8.43 YPA, 6 TDs, 1 INT, 4.62 TD%, 0.77 INT%

Those stats in the first two years of a career are nuts and are better than/in line with the greatest QBs of all time. And he's done this with Golden Tate and Doug Baldwin as his top couple options, lol.

And none of this is including his impact as a scrambler, something I generally dismiss in regards to QBs.

Regular Season:

1,028 Yds, 5 TDs, 5.4 YPA

Playoffs:

169 Yds, 1 TD, 6.5 YPA

This hasn't been updated with the past season's stats, but it will still give you an idea of just how good he's been thus far.

al.png

• Upvote 1

I don't care what his numbers are, man. I've watched the guy play. His second half of last season was remarkably pedestrian and his playoff run and Super Bowl title weren't all that impressive.

I'm not saying he isn't good or doesn't have potential. I'd clearly be wrong, but he's not there yet.

I hate how great Aaron Rodgers can be in the post season yet we still suck so much ass that we lose. It pisses me off and I want to neg you, Zack. Ha

Also.. Bart Starr -- greatest QB of all time.

• Upvote 2

Discussion over. Cowboys fans just do not want to see reality.

"I don't care that Wilson's put up historically amazing numbers in his first two seasons with a shit WR corps. I done SEEN him play and he is not that good."

And then without taking a breath:

"TONY ROMO IS A TOP 3 QB GOAT HOF!!!!!1!!1!"

Please.

And yeah, JD, it's frustrating as hell to see Rodgers, Brees (though I know you still want to blame him for everything this last postseason), and Ben have their teams fail them repeatedly the past few years.

Edited by Zack_of_Steel
  • Upvote 1

If you put Romo on the Seahawks this past year, the Seahawks don't win a championship because it's not that he's a terrible QB, just rather inefficient.

If you put Romo on the Seahawks this past year, the Seahawks don't win a championship because it's not that he's a terrible QB, just rather inefficient.

He's actually incredibly efficient as a passer, but he's prone to Peyton-esque choke jobs. Very similar players.

He's actually incredibly efficient as a passer, but he's prone to Peyton-esque choke jobs. Very similar players.

That's what I was attempting to get at...but :yes:

Never called Romo a top 3 QB. He's the best QB in his division, and that's about where his #1 rankings, anywhere, stop. He must be up there in 4Q comebacks and game winning drives, but I don't know if he's #1.

Never called Romo a top 3 QB. He's the best QB in his division, and that's about where his #1 rankings, anywhere, stop. He must be up there in 4Q comebacks and game winning drives, but I don't know if he's #1.

Being the best QB in your division doesn't warrant for much.

Edited by Dutch
  • Upvote 1

If you're one of those people that didn't watch any football until the superbowl and you were confused about why Russell Wilson is appreciated for what he is then that would make sense. However I know you pay attention more than that, and you're completely discounting the slack that Russell had to pick up for the lack of blocking and the less than stellar WRs he had to work with. Without Russell Wilson, there is no superbowl. There is no other quarterback who could have gone 4-2 in NFCW divisional games last year. Robert Quinn, Aldon Smith and Calais Cambell had their way with our Oline last year.

I used to be that fan that stressed that scrambling quarterback could never succeed in the NFL. Then Russell Wilson happened. Without his legs, he wouldn't be able to succeed with his arm. Without his arm, he wouldn't be able to succeed with his legs. He eludes so seemlessly and creates the plays that his Oline fails to create for him, yet at the same time, he delivers the ball with accuracy despite whether he's moving or not.

But I guess in order to be elite you have to play on a team with no running game and a defense that allows 35 points per game.

We didn't draft any guards and only drafted 1 O linemen this year while our division drafted guys like Aaron Donald and Kareem Martin. If he continues to succeed in NFCW matchups with our opponents becoming harder and harder to block, I don't know how you can say Russell Wilson isn't something really special.

The fact that he deals with that amount of pressure, with really nobody all that special outside of Okung and Lynch helping him, yet he still manages to avoid turning the ball over and still make secondaries look foolish is something that most other quarterbacks can only dream to aspire.

Edited by BC
  • Downvote 1

Wilson beat Romo in stats this year, unless you are looking purely at volume stats. He has over a yard on Romo in YPA, better comp %, etc. He is a very efficient guy that doesn't turn the ball over, is very clutch, and makes plays when he needs too.

He is already better than Romo and his ceiling is very high- and he did all this with Sidney Rice, Doug Baldwin, and Golden Tate. The Hawks WR corps is criminally underrated by the media and the public at large, but Dez Bryant and Jason Witten they are not.

Edited by Thanatos19
  • Upvote 1

If you're one of those people that didn't watch any football until the superbowl and you were confused about why Russell Wilson is appreciated for what he is then that would make sense. However I know you pay attention more than that, and you're completely discounting the slack that Russell had to pick up for the lack of blocking and the less than stellar WRs he had to work with. Without Russell Wilson, there is no superbowl. There is no other quarterback who could have gone 4-2 in NFCW divisional games last year. Robert Quinn, Aldon Smith and Calais Cambell had their way with our Oline last year.

Get.The. Fuck. Out.

Lets see, Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Ben Roethlisberger to name a few.

And before you talk about playing killer fucking defenses Roethlisberger was doing that when Wilson was in fucking middle school.

I understand you like your QB, you should, he is efficient. Dont put him in those guys league because they are far and away better.

Brady would have gotten murdered in the NFC West behind that O-line. Ditto Drew Brees. Roethlisberger, really just all the mobile QBs who are also good, they could have done well.

I'm not saying Wilson > Brady and Brees, merely that Brady and Brees would not have excelled in that particular situation.

Edited by Thanatos19
  • Upvote 2

I hate the giant quote box but Brady has done well behind bad lines before. I don't see why he couldn't excel in Seattle if he was on that team.