Bay

Top 10 QBs

I said tops out at 21 points, not throws 3 TD's. You can run the ball in to score too ya know. Point being, Peyton's play drops immensely, this is not a new trend.

I didn't know Peyton was a running QB. The Broncos RBs accumulated for 40 carries. It's not Peytons fault the RBs didn't make any plays.

RG3 and Russell Wilson are not already better than Tony Romo, and Colin Kaepernick has some serious weaknesses that the Ravens were highlighting before losing Ngata changed everything.

Tony Romo cannot be relied on even in the slightest bit when there's something big on the line. RG3 and Russell Wilson have already showed more composure than him in pressure situations.

Kaepernick also responded to adversity in 3 straight playoff games. He's not a perfect QB by any means, but he can carry his team in adversity if he has to.

Tony Romo cannot be relied on even in the slightest bit when there's something big on the line. RG3 and Russell Wilson have already showed more composure than him in pressure situations.

Kaepernick also responded to adversity in 3 straight playoff games. He's not a perfect QB by any means, but he can carry his team in adversity if he has to.

One of those quarterbacks had the best running game in the league, the other two had two of the best defenses in the league and probably the two best defenses in the NFC. They hardly "carried" their teams. They had more than Romo's ever had handed to them (primarily Wilson and Kaepernick, RG3 not so much but Romo's never had an Alfred Morris). You can say that they've done more all you want, but the collected whole of the other 52 team men on their respective teams is much better than anything Romo's ever had.

One of those quarterbacks had the best running game in the league, the other two had two of the best defenses in the league and probably the two best defenses in the NFC. They hardly "carried" their teams. They had more than Romo's ever had handed to them (primarily Wilson and Kaepernick, RG3 not so much but Romo's never had an Alfred Morris). You can say that they've done more all you want, but the collected whole of the other 52 team men on their respective teams is much better than anything Romo's ever had.

that QB was also a huge part of that best running game in the league

• Upvote 1

I was with you bro until you said they had more than Romo ever had... The Cowboys have had a talented team for a LONG time. Prior to Rob Ryan, you guys had a couple of years with a top 10 defense, multiple 1,000 yard receivers (including a HoF receiver) in the same year: T.O & Terry Glen, T.O & Jason Witten, Jason Witten & Miles Austin and Dez Bryant and Jason Witten. You guys also hands down had the best pass rusher in the league for years. Romo has had a nice squad for years bro; talent on all sides of the ball but just choked in the big moments. The 2007 and 2009 Cowboys would beat both of those teams;

in the regular season.

I was with you bro until you said they had more than Romo ever had... The Cowboys have had a talented team for a LONG time. Prior to Rob Ryan, you guys had a couple of years with a top 10 defense, multiple 1,000 yard receivers (including a HoF receiver) in the same year: T.O & Terry Glen, T.O & Jason Witten, Jason Witten & Miles Austin and Dez Bryant and Jason Witten. You guys also hands down had the best pass rusher in the league for years. Romo has had a nice squad for years bro; talent on all sides of the ball but just choked in the big moments. The 2007 and 2009 Cowboys would beat both of those teams in the regular season.

Neither the 2007 or 2009 Cowboys playoff losses were Romo's fault, so I'm not exactly sure what your point is. Not all of Dallas' big game losses with Romo under center are Romo's fault. Matter of fact, I'd be more than happy to guess that not even half of them are.

To Razor's point about Peyton, when you're offense is averaging 21 ppg in the payoffs (probably like a 5 point drop off from his regular season output) and you're one and done 8 out of 11 times in the playoffs you have to put a lot of the blame on Peyton. The one year he made his run he played like Dog Shit and his defense carried him. It's not like the guy has been surrounded by scrubs his whole career either. He's been on some real good football teams and has always had weapons to go to.

Neither the 2007 or 2009 Cowboys playoff losses were Romo's fault, so I'm not exactly sure what your point is. Not all of Dallas' big game losses with Romo under center are Romo's fault. Matter of fact, I'd be more than happy to guess that not even half of them are.

My point is that you cant demean and saying the Skins and Hawks had more then Romo has ever had when that's not the case. Romo had some stacked teams but they never went anywhere. I was just commenting on you making excuses for your team / and Romo.

Edited by dutchff7

To Razor's point about Peyton, when you're offense is averaging 21 ppg in the payoffs (probably like a 5 point drop off from his regular season output) and you're one and done 8 out of 11 times in the playoffs you have to put a lot of the blame on Peyton. The one year he made his run he played like Dog Shit and his defense carried him. It's not like the guy has been surrounded by scrubs his whole career either. He's been on some real good football teams and has always had weapons to go to.

That and Joseph Addain went ape shit.

Hahaha. Wilson as the 6th best QB in the NFL? Homer alert. Joe Flacco at #5? Have you looked at the guys numbers? Wilson and Griffin ahead of Ryan, Ben, and Tony? Well, the last one isn't crazy, but the first two are.

Wilson was 4th in passer rating, 8th in QBR, 30 total TDs to 12 total turnovers, tied Peyton's rookie TD record, not to mention was one of the most clutch QBs in the NFL this year... as a rookie. Granted it's only one year, but if you've payed attention to his work ethic and character, it's easy to see that his numbers are not only sustainable, but will get better.

Joe Flacco might have average to above average regular season numbers, but he wins big games, especially in the playoffs, home or away. Matt Ryan and Tony Romo, not so much.

*homer alert* I think you guys have Andrew Luck way under-rated. The system we had with Bruce Arians last year was not built for quality completion numbers, and a terrible offensive line didn't help either. But he's a better quarterback than a lot of you have him down as. He's better than Dalton, Cam Newton. and Josh Freeman, just off of this season alone. With the new system coming this year, a system that he's used to and was successful in at Stanford, I think he'll prove he's a top 10 quarterback.

Too soon to put a rookie in the top 10, especially one who is at the same level as a Mike Vick or Ryan Fitzpatrick in efficiency. It could be BA's system, but Roethlisberger has thrived in it. Time will tell with these young guys though, Sanchez looked like he was far and away the best rookie QB in his class and now... well yeah.

Wilson was 4th in passer rating, 8th in QBR, 30 total TDs to 12 total turnovers, tied Peyton's rookie TD record, not to mention was one of the most clutch QBs in the NFL this year... as a rookie. Granted it's only one year, but if you've payed attention to his work ethic and character, it's easy to see that his numbers are not only sustainable, but will get better.

Joe Flacco might have average to above average regular season numbers, but he wins big games, especially in the playoffs, home or away. Matt Ryan and Tony Romo, not so much.

Russell Wilson is not already better than Ben Roethlisberger. Period.

Flacco has been consistently average in the regular season, and now because of a stretch of four games where he goes ham, he's suddenly a top-5 QB?

Matt Ryan has the most game-winning drives in the entire NFL since he came into the league. There is a reason he got the nickname Matty Ice.

Wilson also had the #1 defense in the NFL to bail him out of long stretches where the offense didn't move the ball. I like the kid, a lot, but there is no way he is as high as you have him.

Edited by Thanatos19
  • Upvote 2

I think a lot of people clearly forget how good Ben was this year before his season got ruined due to injuries. He was straight ballin'. And he should be able to do the same thing next year, even without Wallace.

• Upvote 1

Flacco has been consistently average in the regular season, and now because of a stretch of four games where he goes ham, he's suddenly a top-5 QB?

Dont forget last year either :biggrin: He went ape shit in last years postseason too. :yep:

Russell Wilson is not already better than Ben Roethlisberger. Period.

Matt Ryan has the most game-winning drives in the entire NFL since he came into the league. There is a reason he got the nickname Matty Ice.

Wilson also had the #1 defense in the NFL to bail him out of long stretches where the offense didn't move the ball. I like the kid, a lot, but there is no way he is as high as you have him.

The defense never bailed Russell out. It was Russell who was bailing the defense out, or the defense letting up a lead Russell built. Case in point: RW led SEA back from 13 down with 9 minutes to play against the Pats. RW drove 97 yards to take the lead with less than 30 seconds left against CHI, the D let the Bears tie it to go to OT. RW led a TD drive to take the lead late in the 4th against the Lions, SEA D let Stafford score the game winner. D gave up 20 points to start the ATL game, RW led us all the way back in the 4th, only for the D to give up the lead.

He and RG3 also broke Ben's rookie passer rating record.

• Downvote 4

He and RG3 also broke Ben's rookie passer rating record.

So what? If breaking rookie records means getting into top 10,Andrew Luck should be in,too.

• Upvote 1

Man I used to like Seattle fans too. They were always pretty cool about things, except for the Shaun Alexander is the greatest ever thing. They get an efficient QB and now he is reinventing the fuckin wheel here. :disgust:

• Upvote 1

Russell Wilson has become massively overrated. I like him, but putting solid efficient QBs in the top 10 is just crazy. He can improve, but for now....he isn't top 10.

^^^ Voice of Reason. :yep:

For those of you who don't think rookies should be ranked in the top-10 just because they are rookies, where would you rate them? Is #12 the highest you'd rate a rookie?

You see what I mean? Seems like an arbitrary designation to me.

For those of you who don't think rookies should be ranked in the top-10 just because they are rookies, where would you rate them? Is #12 the highest you'd rate a rookie?

I would not rank them at all to be honest.

I suppose for me it depends what you mean by 'Top 10 QB'. If we're asking 'Who was the best this year'? Yes you could absolutely have a rookie in that arguement if his play deserves it. If we're talking about 'Who are then ten best QBs overall'? No, I don't think a rookie can be in that discussion. After all anyone can have one good season. Proving yourself to be able to play at a consistantly high level? That's alot harder.

Edited by Jayrus