KempBolt

Your Lurking Fear

Or maybe praise him for allowing Ray Lewis to finish his career on the highest note that any player can wish for winning a superbowl and retiring in the sunset.

Ray Lewis can thank Ray Lewis for that.

Biggest fear is injuries again obviously, but along those lines also that Von/Clady/Wolfe/Moore/Vickerson/Harris Jr. won't come back as good as they were.

Terrified we'll be inept running the ball, and that every back we have is going to fumble every play or miss a blocking assignment and get Manning murdered. (which leads to fear 3)

Brock Osweiler will have to play a meaningful game.

Manning can only get the Super Bowl again.

Under Harbaugh Ravens have gone 62-34. Two divisional round losses, two AFC championship losses, and a super bowl victory. You've missed the playoffs ONCE. Why do you hate him so much, Ngata? Your franchise is FUCKING SUCCESSFUL.

-Our right side of the offensive line (Kyle Long, Jordan Mills) hitting a sophomore slump

-Martellus Bennett getting hurt which leaves no middle of the field threat.

-And our defense playing like our defense did last year.

Under Harbaugh Ravens have gone 62-34. Two divisional round losses, two AFC championship losses, and a super bowl victory. You've missed the playoffs ONCE. Why do you hate him so much, Ngata? Your franchise is FUCKING SUCCESSFUL.

He was gifted a great defense and strong running game. Then the next year Ozzie got him a solid TE, all pro G, one of the best RB's in the league for five years all in his draft before he steps on the field as coach.

He honestly thought can Cameron was a good coach, that is so far removed from reality my brain cannot understand how stupid that really is, I actually still can't believe it. Our owner makes an executive decision and we go from worst coach in football to a guy who has never called plays and our offense picks up.

Backing up. Ray went out and we lost our Kat six of seven, without Ray. Ray comes back or offense becomes dangerous, our defense stats balling out and now we are winning again. Ray gave more leadership to fast team then Harbaugh ever will.

The next year without Ray we go 8-8. There are a lot of adjectives that describe Harbaugh, good coach ate two that should never be used.

5816954510_ca98169767_z.jpg

With a few exceptions, we're all pretty optimistic about our teams and what they may accomplish in 2014. But we also have to be aware that some teams are going to be good, and some are going to be bad. I'm sure each and every one of us is capable of explaining away any potentially mortal weaknesses on our teams' rosters, but let's take this space to be honest with ourselves. What is the one gnawing concern whispering in the back of your mind? You all know what I mean-- that question that you won't be able to answer until kick off and could be fatal. So check your homerism at this thread's door and spill your guts: if something is going to sink your team's fortunes in 2014, what's it gonna be?

Texans likely suffer from lack of good QB play but I don't think it will stop them from a .500 season - an injury to Watt would gut this team's morale and another injury to Cushing would also hurt big time.

It is very obvious this team's D is not the same without it's captain and it effects the whole team.

I can't think of any reasons to be pessimistic. No siree...

• Upvote 1

I mean my expectations are so low I don't really know how to answer this. Bortles likely won't play much so I can't list him ending up being garbage as a fear because he likely won't get enough playing time to tell. I'm not worried about Henne playing good enough to where he'll be their guy for years like Vin said because the Jags invested a 3rd overall pick in Bortles so if Henne does well enough I bet the Jags try and trade him instead of giving him a new contract. That or let his contract run out after the 2 years and get a Comp. pick when he signs elsewhere on a McCown like deal (given he plays well.)

So I mean I guess just bad injuries to our young guys is the answer. As in not letting them get their experience this year when we won't be very good, so come next year when our roster should be better they aren't playing like rookies.

I mean my expectations are so low I don't really know how to answer this. Bortles likely won't play much so I can't list him ending up being garbage as a fear because he likely won't get enough playing time to tell. I'm not worried about Henne playing good enough to where he'll be their guy for years like Vin said because the Jags invested a 3rd overall pick in Bortles so if Henne does well enough I bet the Jags try and trade him instead of giving him a new contract. That or let his contract run out after the 2 years and get a Comp. pick when he signs elsewhere on a McCown like deal (given he plays well.)

So I mean I guess just bad injuries to our young guys is the answer. As in not letting them get their experience this year when we won't be very good, so come next year when our roster should be better they aren't playing like rookies.

Yeah, I was thinking about fans of the Raiders, Jags, and Browns in the OP when I said "with a few exceptions." Some of us can't be very optimistic right now.

Well, Kemp touched on my biggest fear for the Chargers which is whether the offensive line can hold up on longer developing passing plays. We will be facing some good defenses this season and I simply worry about them holding up against the higher level of opposition.

On defense, I think the Chargers have high upside with all of the new additions. We have Freeney and Ingram returning from injury, Brandon Flowers, and the rookies we drafted (Verrett, Attoachu). So another fear I have is that it doesn't pan out. Ingram could end up being a disappointment, Freeney doesn't stay healthy ( :( ), Verrett and Attoachu struggle in their rookie seasons, Flowers continues to struggle himself, etc.

We're gonna give Henne a 6/$60 mil contract at the end of the season.

It's gon' happen.

We're gonna give Henne a 6/$60 mil contract at the end of the season.

It's gon' happen.

But what about Da Bortlez!!!1???//

But what about Da Bortlez!!!1???//

He gets traded and then goes on to win four Super Bowls with the Rams.

John Harbaugh being our coach.

I understand this...I was here when you first got here, so the reasoning makes sense..but to the newer members in this thread..it has provided me great laughter seeing them trying to rationalize to you that Harbaugh is good.

Well done good sir...well done.

noah-clap.gif?w=1000

I understand this...I was here when you first got here, so the reasoning makes sense..but to the newer members in this thread..it has provided me great laughter seeing them trying to rationalize to you that Harbaugh is good.

Well done good sir...well done.

noah-clap.gif?w=1000

Its the same shit every time man. Nobody can really say why he is a good coach or give an example of good coaching or leadership, but damn it he won a SB. That must mean he was a major role player in it right ? fuck outta here with that ass chatter. Dude is trash ask a steeler fan who saw him start trying to run out a 7 point lead 8 minutes after halftime....Or we have the ball and it is less than 3 minutes in the 4th, this motherfucker has us throw it twice... First time I could see it not being his fault except he stood by the fucking idiot before and after and then he did not stop him from doing it again...That is just one instance of why the dude is fucking garbage. He brings nothing to the table in terms of X's and O's.

Easy answer for the Texans is just being shitty at the most important position.

:Texans: Mariota 2015 :Texans:

Fitz will be interesting to watch. I hope he isn't a dumpster fire.

We will be marginally better in the secondary and the line in general should be better - I hope Newton's injury woes are over and his hard work in the off season pays dividends otherwise RT could be problematical again.

Su'a Filo can play there I believe but he is a rookie.

Yeah sounds like Jameis is gonna stay at FSU after this year no matter what.

EDIT: :lol: Vin

Edited by CampinWithGoatSampson

Yeah sounds like Jameis is gonna stay at FSU after this year no matter what.

EDIT: :lol: Vin

You can have Winston - I'll take Petty.

My big fearz

1. Ben Roethlisberger gets injured and misses multiple games. Season fucked if that happens.

2. Troy Polamalu's level of play late last season was a mirage, and he joins Ike Taylor in terminal decline. The secondary will be in bad shape if that happens.

3. The front office gets all nostalgic and signs James Harrison or Brett Keisel back to the team. Harrison's 36, and Keisel will be 36 by the time the season starts. Time to move on.

Simple for me.

Earl Thomas injury. He is the only player we can't imminently replace with players we already have on the depth chart. He is special and unique. Sherm and Wilson we can limp on without. Thomas basically forces us to play an entirely different scheme.

Long term, my lurking fear is that Seattle's ability to replenish the roster via day 3 successes is a mirage. 2010, 11 and 12 were just awesome drafts in that regard. 2013 is a complete unknown. The circumstances were different in that those first three years we didn't have talent on board to keep them on the bench. So their contributions came swiftly. The 2013 class came into a loaded roster.

They kept 7 of the 9 picks they made in 2013 so obviously they see talent every day on the practice field. But 2014's class looks destined to follow suit of the 2013 class. This year we should see last year's talent in a more tangible way. I'll feel a whole lot better if we continue to show an ability to reload 5-8 players every season even if there are no first year returns to show for it. This is really the first year where we can see the team building model in it's mature form. Where sustained excellence year after year can be expected regardless of draft position. Pete and John did a great job building a team from scratch with good to mediocre draft stock. If we can sustain quality picking in the mid 20s or higher every year as is the model theory -- that will fuel the Win Forever philosophy.

• Upvote 1