Sign in to follow this  
Thanatos

Rudy's Dream

Clever commercial. I'm looking forward to the "But this team should be #4, not those guys!" debates, but it's an improvement over what was.

Also, if a selection committee picks the top four, is a BCS ranking poll even necessary anymore?

Not four, not eight, not twelve, not sixteen....

• Upvote 1

but it's an improvement over what was.

No, it's not. Not even close, lol. If it were 16 team? Sure. 4 team playoff? Nope. People give the BCS more shit than it deserves, it much more often than not got the championship game correct. A 4 team playoff selected by people that undoubtedly will have bias? That's just asking for problems.

No, it's not. Not even close, lol. If it were 16 team? Sure. 4 team playoff? Nope. People give the BCS more shit than it deserves, it much more often than not got the championship game correct. A 4 team playoff selected by people that undoubtedly will have bias? That's just asking for problems.

That claim really depends on how you define "correct." There are times where the BCS probably picked the 2 best teams, but the problem is too often there are more than 2 teams that have a legitimate claim to the NCG. Some seasons, it's clear there are two teams on a level above everyone else; but during the years where there are more, you need a system that allows for more than 2 teams to get a shot at the title.

I agree that the selection committee is asking for trouble, and I also agree that 4 isn't the optimal number; I'd like to see it expanded to 8. Sixteen is too much and unnecessary.

Edited by SteVo
  • Upvote 1

I have a feeling that the selection committee will have a bias toward the SEC. Just my gut feeling. I hope I'm wrong, though.

SEC bias? When has that ever happened?

Never. I've been living under a rock for my entire life. :ninja: