AllYouNeedIsLovie

Division Winners

Again, I just don't see it with the Cardinals. That defense has no depth, safeties are unimpressive, and with that so so running game, they will have to throw the ball.

Also, Houston is also my favorite to win their division. At the very least they'll be average this upcoming season. The Redskins, and Falcons should both be at or near the top of their divisions as well imo.

• Upvote 1

Fart was joking(noted by the rest of his picks), BWare and Sean are just mentally handicapped.

We expect better from you and Razor :p

I'm pretty sure I noted that the first time I saw Fart's post, but didn't look closely this time around, my bad on that one

Everyone, please also give Sean, Fartwaffles, and BWare some of the crap you gave Raz and Oochy.

not exactly what I was going for, just saying the division is more open than a lot of people are willing to acknowledge

It is a weak division. If the Colts' new/returning pass catcher options don't work out well and/or Mathis' suspension cripples them, I can see someone jumping over them. Though I don't find it likely.

That said, when I think through that scenario it's the Titans that leap frog the Colts, not the Texans. Mostly because of how effective Locker was last year before he got hurt.

Outside of the quarterback position, Houston has a really solid team, and if Fitzpatrick is even remotely good, they're going to be in the discussion.

I don't trust Indy at all. Luck's great and all, but the rest of that team isn't. How soon until Hakeem Nicks gets hurt? Who says Reggie Wayne doesn't finally regress? Who's on the roster after that point? They lost Donald Brown, who wasn't great but certainly better than Richardson.

That defense is still suspect. They were better than year 1, but who knows?

The NFL is unpredictable, especially weak divisions. Do not be surprised if the Texans win the AFC South.

Do not be surprised when the Jags win the AFC South. >_> Seattle South may just be the best defense in that division.

I would agree that Houston has a good roster aside from the QB position. But I would also argue that Tennessee has a good roster, with the potential of good QB play if Locker can stay healthy.

The guy started the first 6 games on pace for 3300 yards, 61% completion, 7.1 YPA, 21 TD, and 8 INT. Plus 56 carries, 365 yards (6.5 YPC), and 5 rushing touchdowns.

Not game breaking numbers, but solid game manager production with the added value of rushing ability. He has the potential to add way more value to his club than anyone on the Texans roster. Plus his weapons in the passing game are better than Houston's.

• Upvote 1

Kemp hit the nail on the head, the biggest question on both rosters is at QB, but to call the Texans' QB position a question mark is really a misnomer because we know what they're going to get from Fitzpatrick, we saw it in Buffalo, he's a low-end starter, Locker has a much higher ceiling but a much lower floor

Really not convinced that Locker is going to amount to much. And even if he does show a lot of growth next year, for how many games before he gets hurt?

Really not convinced that Locker is going to amount to much. And even if he does show a lot of growth next year, for how many games before he gets hurt?

which is exactly why I say he has a really low floor, obviously as a fan I'm hoping for more of the ceiling, but you're right, he does need to stay healthy before we can realistically say he's going to reach that

I'm not super optimistic. But there is a case to be made for optimism. The first part of that being the pace he was on last year. Basically a souped up version of Alex Smith. The roster, in that division, can win with that sort of QB play. The second reason would be Ken Whisenhunt. He's a great head coach and offensive mind. He'll put Jake in a position to succeed. And the third is the supporting cast. However that OL shakes out with Lewan, it will be one of the best in the league. And Wright, Washington, Hunter, McCluster, and Walker make for a nice group of pass catchers.

Obviously there's the durability issue. That's the main cause for concern. Which is why I'm not super optimistic. But I'd take my chances with Locker's health before I would with Fitzpatrick's sub-mediocrity.

Edited by KempBolt

I feel pretty comfortable giving Indy the division. Jacksonville is a year or two away, Houston I see at about 7-8 wins, same with Tennessee. Indy's offense is primed to explode this year and be a top 5 offense. Wayne, Nicks, Hilton, Fleener and Dwyane Allen is a very formidable group. Nicks was a beast for the Giants a few years ago, he was the key piece in their offense in 2011 IMO. A couple down years but a change of scenery could do a lot of good for him.

• Upvote 1

I would agree that Houston has a good roster aside from the QB position. But I would also argue that Tennessee has a good roster, with the potential of good QB play if Locker can stay healthy.

The guy started the first 6 games on pace for 3300 yards, 61% completion, 7.1 YPA, 21 TD, and 8 INT. Plus 56 carries, 365 yards (6.5 YPC), and 5 rushing touchdowns.

Not game breaking numbers, but solid game manager production with the added value of rushing ability. He has the potential to add way more value to his club than anyone on the Texans roster. Plus his weapons in the passing game are better than Houston's.

Was actually on pace for 3,296, 62.1%(6.5 ypa), 27 tds and 0 ints before his first injury.

Obviously he probably would have had some ints, but just saying he went downhill after his first injury and was really rushed back too quickly from it because Munch didn't want the season to die due to Fitzpatrick looking absolutely putrid vs KC and Seattle.

One thing Locker doesn't do, if he can't do anything else right, is he doesn't make bad decisions. He's been one of, arguably even the best in the NFL over the past couple of years at that. That said, that doesn't matter if he gets hurt, and doesn't matter if he can't stay consistent enough with completing passes.

I feel pretty comfortable giving Indy the division. Jacksonville is a year or two away, Houston I see at about 7-8 wins, same with Tennessee. Indy's offense is primed to explode this year and be a top 5 offense. Wayne, Nicks, Hilton, Fleener and Dwyane Allen is a very formidable group. Nicks was a beast for the Giants a few years ago, he was the key piece in their offense in 2011 IMO. A couple down years but a change of scenery could do a lot of good for him.

Yeah this is ultimately where I'm at too. If Indy stumbles, I lean towards Tennessee. But I ultimately don't see that happening.

AFC East: Do you have to ask?

AFC North: :Bengals: or :Steelers:

AFC South: :Colts:

AFC West: :Broncos:

NFC East: :Eagles:

NFC North: :Packers:

NFC South: :Saints: or :panthers:

NFC West: :Seahawks: or :49ers:

NFC West - :Cardinals: Why not? I'm not a believer that Seattle is going to perform well this coming season. There are a lot of young guys who just got paid, couple that in with the dreaded "Super Bowl Hang Over" and I smell trouble. San Francisco should be just as good as they were last year. I wanted to go out on a limb here though and take the Cardinals. While Palmer wasn't anything special, he was a huge upgrade at QB to what they had in previous years. If Andre Ellington is as good with a full work load as he was with a shared load, the league is in trouble. He's got the home run ability of Jamaal Charles. Skeptical that he can stay healthy with such a small frame though. The Cardinals defense is just as good as SF and Seattle I believe, I think everyone will be turned believers at the mid-way point. Even with miscues between Palmer and their receivers last season, they still managed to hang in there with the 49ers and the Seahawks. Larry Fitzgerald, hang on, you're going to get back to the playoffs.

Don't have a problem with you not picking SEA (or SF for that matter), but your reasoning sucks. If you think that Pete is running a ship that lets its crew get fat and sassy, or that those young guys that got paid don't have a huge chip on their shoulders still, then you haven't been paying attention. Kam Chancellor got paid before last season, and he went out and destroyed fools. Sherman's perceived slight from where he was drafted drives his chip and his mouth... that ain't going anywhere. Earl Thomas constantly talks about being the greatest to play the game, and he's dead serious. And Pete's philosophy of Always Compete has been driven into the core of the team. They scratch and fight to win every rep, every practice, every game. If a player gets fat and sassy, you get shown the door; Michael Bowie is the most recent example. He showed up to camp out of shape. He might've started half the season as a rookie at RT, but he didn't buy in and got left by the wayside.

All that to say, if Seattle doesn't win the division, it isn't going to be due to fat and sassy players only giving 70%.

Edited by True Blue
  • Upvote 1

:Patriots:

:Steelers:

:Colts:

:Broncos:

:Eagles:

:Packers:

:Saints:

:49ers:

Edited by housemd

I'm updating mine with WC's added.

AFC South:

:Titans:9-7

The amount of mishaps and issues piling up at the feet of the Colts is alarming. I really like Luck, but I think Grigson has by and large done a terrible job there. I can't help but predict a step backwards. And with a manageable schedule, a great new coaching staff, and a pretty stacked up roster, Tennessee is ready to swoop in and take this division over. I believe they can win with Jake Locker at the helm, and the guy has to stay healthy at some point right?

NFC South:

:Saints:14-2

The Saints defense was a revelation in 2013 and has made some nice additions since. Plus many of their main contributors last year were new/young so some in-house development is to be expected. Add that to Brees & Co and I think you have a top two team in the league.

AFC East:

:patriots: 12-4

New England is way better than anyone else in an otherwise bad division and their schedule is a cake walk. 12 wins is actually a modest prediction.

NFC East:

:Eagles:10-6

Regardless of who ends up playing the most snaps at QB (not totally convinced it's going to be Foles, but that's just a hare brained bold prediction), this offense is going to move the ball and score points. And I think they have the most young front 7 talent of any club in the division.

AFC North:

:Steelers:10-6

For all the hubbub about the Steelers' defense falling about, they were 14th last year in pts/game. So it's not that difficult for me to see the additions giving them a boost back towards the top 10. And they finished the season on a hot streak offensively, averaging 28 pts/game (which would have put them at #2 over the course of the season). I think this division will start to bunch up this year, but I see the Steelers winding up on top of the pile.

NFC North:

:Packers:12-4

Aaron Rodgers, newly found running game, whole buncha weapons, and some defensive talent that's on the come. I don't see why not.

AFC West:

:Broncos:13-3

This team is going to breeze right through the regular season once again. Very few teams in the AFC know how to give them problems.

NFC West:

:Seahawks:

I have no understanding of why Seattle should be expected to take a step back this year.

AFC Wildcards:

:Chargers:10-6

With modest gains on the roster, and and some tougher draws on the schedule, I expect the Chargers to basically hold serve with 2013.

:Ravens:9-7

Over the long haul, I don't like Kubiak's offense. But I do think it can provide a quick fix to the Ravens' offensive woes and I think the offensive personnel on the roster is screaming out for his system. They'll need the corners to hold up because they're thin, but there's a lot to like on defense as well.

NFC Wildcards:

:Bears:11-5

I love the offense and I think we'll see Cutler thrive in it. The defense is still going to have some clunker outings, but I like how they've reloaded up front and I think Fuller could make a positive impact right away.

:panthers:11-5

I'm not in the camp expecting serious regression. The defense is still going to stomp the opposition, and Cam can make things happen on offense in close games.

MOTHERFUCKING DIVISION WINNERS!!!

AFC East: :Patriots:

AFC North: :Steelers:

AFC South: :Colts:

AFC West: :Broncos:

AFC wild cards: :Bengals::Jets:

NFC East: :Eagles:

NFC North: :Packers:

NFC South: :Saints:

NFC West: :Seahawks:

NFC wild cards: :panthers::Bears:

MOTHERFUCKING PLAYOFF SEEDING!!!

AFC

1. :Patriots:

2. :Colts:

3. :Steelers:

4. :Broncos:

5. :Bengals:

6. :Jets:

NFC

1. :Seahawks:

2. :Eagles:

3. :Saints:

4. :Packers:

5. :panthers:

6. :Bears:

SUPER BOWL XLIX: :Patriots: over :Saints:

:AFC:

-----------

:Broncos::Bengals: :Titans: :Patriots:

Broncos are almost a slam dunk pick for the division despite the fact that I expect the Chiefs and Chargers to both still be competitive. Ugh, wanted to pick the Steelers and Big Ben but with suspensions looming over both of their running backs, I think that will be enough to set them back. The Bengals do look to have a very strong team, but a difficult schedule so I'm a bit skeptical about picking them. Titans are currently the best overall team in their division and I believe in Locker after he owned the Chargers last year. Would be a fool to bet against the now healthy Pats but I really like the Jets defense....too bad I have zero faith in Geno, zero.

:NFC:

--------

:panthers: :Seahawks: :Eagles: :Bears:

Was heavily leaning towards the 49ers over the Seahawks but after the Chargers got raped in a overly rowdy stadium during the preseason, I am now convinced those fans and Pete Carroll will keep the fire burning under the Seahawks. Went with the Eagles only because they have my favorite RB and they are the reigning division champ. No defense will be played in that division. Panthers play my type of football and I expect them to continue to grind out everyone in that division. As for the Bears, strong offense and a better defense....expecting Cutler's best year yet.

So you're ALLLLLLL on the Saints

Definitely the majority, but righfully so I think. Until we get to the regular season, you have to believe that the Saints are going to be contenders. Drew Brees under center alone puts them at a high competition level.

So you're ALLLLLLL on the Saints..

Yeah, picking the best team in the division is usually the smart call.

• Upvote 1