WK 11 @ Panthers - Loss

WK 12 vs Browns - Win

WK 13 vs Cardinals - Win

WK 14 @ Packers - Loss

WK 15 vs Steelers - Win

WK 16 @ Saints - Loss

WK 17 vs Panthers - Win

11-5. most likely vying for a WC spot.

I would switch a few of those around and probably throw in an extra L to Arizona. 10-6 seems to be a realistic, yet optimistic, scenario for ATL, IMO.

So if you get to play the Gruden card, we get to play the Zimmer card. Zimmer, the guy that has only once coached a defense outside of the top 20 (the abysmal 4-12 2007 Falcons), and has coached 6 top 10 defenses in 14 years, 4 of those in his 6 years with the Bengals.

If Gruden was holding back your offense to such a drastic degree, Zimmer's impact was greater, seeing as his defense made your team worth a damn and put them in the playoffs back-to-back years for the first time in franchise history.

Without Zimmer, your team is liable to take a large step back. And don't give me some crap about how Guenther worked under Zimmer, so he's guaranteed to step in and do just as well". First, he's never coordinated in the NFL and second, that's no guarantee. Look at the pathetic Belichick coaching tree, lol.

I think both premises are off. I think you could argue that having Andy Dalton limited Gruden as a play caller a lot too.

As for them taking a massive step back, I think that remains to be seen. We don't know much about Paul Guenther. He's a young guy but for such a young coach he already has experience at the college level as both a DC and a Head coach. He's also had the opportunity to pick Zimmer, Lewis and Jackson's brains. The Bengals had a very good coaching staff last year and while I agree that Marvin Lewis is overrated, he still has a ton of experience and has accomplished some big things in the NFL. Guenther is still going to have the pieces of a very solid defense with the addition of a very promising young CB prospect that's a great fit with the guys he already has. The Bengals defense could take a step back, but they're too talented to regress significantly imo.

The defense is too talented to take a massive drop back. I think we go from top 5 to top 10-15. But I think our offense goes from like top 20 to top 10. Our running game will be brutal this year if Hill pans out, and Jackson is a much more well-rounded OC than Gruden.

W1 @ AZ: L

W2 vs Sea: L

W3 @ Buf: W

W4 vs Jax: W

W5 vs NYJ: W

W6 @ Oak: W

W7 vs KC: W

W8 @ Den: L

W9 @ Miami: W

W11 vs Oak: W

W12 vs STL: W

W13 @ BAL: L

W14 vs NE: W

W15 vs Den: L

W16 @ SF: L

W17 @ KC: L

Hard to predict what we will do, last year we beat good teams and then lost to teams we shouldn't have. Maybe we can put it all together this year, on paper we certainly should. 9-7 with this schedule sounds realistic. Optimistically, I could see 11-5...probably beating the Ravens and Cardinals.

So if you get to play the Gruden card, we get to play the Zimmer card. Zimmer, the guy that has only once coached a defense outside of the top 20 (the abysmal 4-12 2007 Falcons), and has coached 6 top 10 defenses in 14 years, 4 of those in his 6 years with the Bengals.

If Gruden was holding back your offense to such a drastic degree, Zimmer's impact was greater, seeing as his defense made your team worth a damn and put them in the playoffs back-to-back years for the first time in franchise history.

Without Zimmer, your team is liable to take a large step back. And don't give me some crap about how Guenther worked under Zimmer, so he's guaranteed to step in and do just as well". First, he's never coordinated in the NFL and second, that's no guarantee. Look at the pathetic Belichick coaching tree, lol.

We lost our greatest strength, and in the process we got rid of our greatest weakness as well.

Gruden's philosophy was to NOT stick with what was working 'til the other team stopped it, but rather that he wanted to move on BEFORE the other team could stop it. That's why he would go away with what was working. Not a smart move. Let the other team prove it than quit too early.

WEEK 1 vs. Tennessee: WIN

WEEK 2 @ Denver: LOSS

WEEK 3 @ Miami: WIN

WEEK 4 vs. NE: WIN/LOSS

WEEK 5 @ SF: LOSS

WEEK 6: BYE

WEEK 7 @ SD: WIN

WEEK 8 vs. St. Louis: WIN

WEEK 9 vs. Jets: WIN

WEEK 10 @ Buffalo: WIN

WEEK 11 vs. Seattle: LOSS

WEEK 12 @ Oakland: WIN

WEEK 13 vs. Denver: WIN

WEEK 14 @ Arizona: WIN

WEEK 15 vs. Oakland: WIN

WEEK 16 @ Pittsburgh: LOSS

WEEK 17 vs. SD: WIN/LOSS

I could see them going anywhere between 10-6 and 12-4. I don't think they lost as much as some are stating, and with a full year of the new offense under their belt the sky is the limit. There are some interesting picks in my eyes though.

We'll start with the week 4 game, which will tell a lot about this team. If they put out a good showing against the Pats at home—and I fully expect them to—look out. Brady plays particularly bad when pressured, and we can get in his face.

Week 7 @ SD is the first game after the bye, and Andy Reid teams are nothing if they aren't prepared. we lost both games against them last season by a total of one score. They're not gettting by us again.

Week 13 vs. Denver is a post-Peyton game. I think he gets hurt somewhere in the season. Even if he is out there though, I still don't see him sweeping the Chiefs this time around. Dey Ready.

Week 16 just sounds like fun. I could honestly see it going either way, but I see the Steelers still in the thick of the playoff hunt while the Chiefs will probably have a spot more or less locked up. Pitt will be eyeing a division title, while the Chiefs will either have the Peyton-less division wrapped up or a wild card birth wrapped up.

Week 17 is just plain impossible to pick. If my week 16 prediction holds true, then it'll probably end up being a redo of last season. All backups = and L.

Edited by Charles-in-Charge

7-9 or 10-6. It all really depends on Stafford,

The Lions have the talent to be the second best team in the division. Don't know about that coaching staff yet though.

Optimistic: The offense is one of the best in the league while the defense improves and actually stays healthy, leading to a 13-3 record and finally getting past the 49ers in the playoffs.

Realistic:

Week 1 @ Seattle: L

Week 2 vs Jets: W

Week 3 @ Detroit: W

Week 4 @ Chicago: L

Week 5 vs Minnesota: W

Week 6 @ Miami: W

Week 7 vs Carolina: W

Week 8 @ New Orleans: L

Week 9: BYE

Week 10 vs Chicago: W

Week 11 vs Philadelphia: W

Week 12 @Minnesota: W

Week 13 vs New England: L

Week 14 @Buffalo: W

Week 15 @Tampa Bay: W

Week 16 vs Detroit: W

So 12-4, though Philly and @ Detroit are tossups so I would realistically predict around 11-5 and winning the division.

Edited by Packers Dynasty 2010

I can play this thread a lot of different ways. Last season, despite all the injuries we endured and all the problems we saw on the offensive line, it seemed that there were so many big games that we were right on the cusp of winning. Games that were so close that it could have gone either way, and it went the wrong way. That's a huge testament to how the team and the coaching staff should bounce back this year with the return of a lot of big names.

So, without going further into a rant, here's my prediction:

Week 1: New Orleans Saints - WIN

Last season the Falcons were swept by the Saints. Week 1 we lost by 6 points after two failed red zone opportunities to take the win. Week 12 was a 4 point loss despite all the injuries. We always play the Saints tight, I think we come out with a win at home week 1.

Week 2: @Cincinnati Bengals - LOSS

Week 3: Tampa Bay Buccaneers - WIN

Week 4: @Minnesota Vikings - WIN

Week 5: @New York Giants - WIN

Week 6: Chicago Bears - LOSS

Week 7: @Baltimore Ravens - WIN

Week 8: Detroit Lions - WIN

Week 9: Bye Week

Week 10: @Tampa Bay Buccaneers - LOSS

Week 11: @Carolina Panthers - LOSS
Week 12: Cleveland Browns - WIN
Week 13: Arizona Cardinals - WIN
Week 14: @Green Bay Packers - LOSS
Week 15: Pittsburgh Steelers - WIN
Week 16: @New Orleans Saints - LOSS
Week 17: Carolina Panthers - WIN

10-6.

Very good chance of also going 11-5 or 8-8 depending how you view the match-ups. A lot also depends on the linebacker core too. They need to cover the middle of the field.

I think 8-8 is worst case scenario right now.

• Upvote 2

:Chargers:

Worst Case: Injuries strike worse than normal, we lose one score games, and the defense doesn't take the strides we might expect from the additions made this offseason. The tough schedule is too much to overcome and we step back to a 7-9 type of season.

Best Case: The running game exceeds even the highest of expectations, allowing us to control the clock. This ball control enhances all the new additions on defense. We luck out with injuries, and have fluky stats go our way (fumble recoveries, 1 score games, etc). All of this comes together for a 12-4 record despite the high level of competition.

Realistically: The running game does take another step forward, keeping the defense fresh, but still falters against some of the better defenses we have to face. When the running game isn't working, the defense sees the field too much and allows opposing teams to rack of yardage. Final record of 10-6, with some tough losses against elite clubs.

• Upvote 1

I really expect the Chargers to have a great season. Everything was looking up last season, they're going to be tough to beat this year. I don't think 12-4 is out of the question by any means.

• Upvote 1

I really expect the Chargers to have a great season. Everything was looking up last season, they're going to be tough to beat this year. I don't think 12-4 is out of the question by any means.

I like to think I'm not a homer for feeling the same way, but we'll see. The Schedule is pretty tough on paper, which is why I capped even my most optimistic projections at 12 wins. I think we'll finish 2nd in the AFCW and get in with a WC berth again.

Half of our games this year are against teams that won 10 or more in 2013. Now some of them may take a step back (e.g. KC or ARI by my own projection), so I wouldn't be shocked if this schedule turns out to be middling in all reality. It helps to be an AFC team, I'll say that.

I like to think I'm not a homer for feeling the same way, but we'll see. The Schedule is pretty tough on paper, which is why I capped even my most optimistic projections at 12 wins. I think we'll finish 2nd in the AFCW and get in with a WC berth again.

Half of our games this year are against teams that won 10 or more in 2013. Now some of them may take a step back (e.g. KC or ARI by my own projection), so I wouldn't be shocked if this schedule turns out to be middling in all reality. It helps to be an AFC team, I'll say that.

The Chargers are one of those teams that seem to always start slow and end up needing to set the world on fire the final 7 or 8 weeks of the season in order to make the playoffs.

With that said, I think that it's even more important now with the competition in that division right now that they need to get off to a real strong start or they may end up being on the outside come playoff time.

Open against the Cardinals and Seahawks, which should be tough match-ups right out of the gates. But then they go on a 4 game stretch that they should win out on without any doubt in my mind - Bills, Jags, Jets, Raiders.

If they can get off to a strong start unlike years past that we've seen them, it would set them up great for that tough end of the year run where they have the Patriots, Broncos, 49ers, then the Chiefs to finish out.

Their schedule looks tough, but it's by no means going to be something impossible to accomplish. 12-4 is definitely in reach. Heck, depending on how they match-up with the Broncos this season, 13-3 may be considerable.

Consecutive losses to Carolina and St. Louis weeks 7 & 8 on the road and then home loss to St. Louis because we rest starters for 13-3

@ BAL - L

ATL - W

TEN -W

@ NE - L

CAR - W

@ IND - W

BAL - W

JAC - W

CLE - W

@ NO - L

@ HOU - W

@ TAM - W

PIT - W

@ CLE - L

DEN - L

@ PIT - L

10-6

Give or take the Colts and Tampa games.

Worst case: Andy does piss poor, offense is pitiful, Zimmer leaving kills our defense. 4-12

Best case: 14-2 We play lights out like last season at home. Offense gels under Hue, and the defense is talented enough to hover at the Zimmer level. Andy makes legit strides and we prove we can beat powerhouse teams just like last year.

The sky is the limit for Cincy. But if Andy sucks ass, we could get run over.

Oooooh boy

@Chicago -Lose. But it was really close guys! We just had a few unlucky breaks

Miami - Win. Now thats what I'm talking about! We've got this going on.

San Diego - Win. Woah! The Chargers were a playoff team last year! This year could be something special.

Houston- Lose. Ugh that definitely hurt. Freaking Fitzpatrick.

@Detroit - Lose. Man, we were good on defense last year. I don't care how good he is. Calvin Johnson shouldn't get 250 receiving yards. Ah well. We're gonna bring the heat to the Patriots with a rocking crowd at the Ralph.

New England - Lose. Oh, right.

Minnesota - Win. Nice bounce back win for us. We're still only one game under 500 too! Don't count us out just yet.

@ NYJ - Lose. We got 3 picks and still found a way to blow it. Ugh

Chiefs - Lose. Such fucking bullshit. Those refs should be fired

@Miami - Win. Thats more like it. Our D was awesome!

NYJ - Win. EJ is looking like a real star. And now we'll be .500 and all we have to do is beat the loser Browns!

Cle - Lose. Fucking Really?

@Denver - Lose. Well I guess Peyton Manning is good.

Green Bay - Lose. And so is Aaron Rodgers.

@Oakland - Win. Nice showing by everyone. We may be out of playoff contention, but maybe we could take it to the Pats.

@New England - Lose. Oh, right.

6-10. Don't worry guys we'll get a stud in the draft!

Oh, right.

Edited by blotsfan
  • Upvote 1

Best Case - Locker thrives in Whisenhunt's system, our running game dominates behind this offensive line, the 3-4 transition goes smoothly, and we beat up on a weak schedule after starting the season 2-2, finish 11-5, taking the AFC South from the Colts.

Realistic - Locker gets hurt in like week 6, Whitehurst takes over and sucks until we're eliminated from playoff contention, not helped by a defense struggling to transition to a 3-4 early in the year, then we get to see Mettenberger for a few weeks, and see if he can turn out well. End the season 5-11/6-10 with some hope that Mett can be our future.

Worst Case - Locker gets hurt in one of the two remaining pre-season games or week 1, Whitehurst comes in and sucks for a while, going winless through 6 weeks. Mettenberger gets put in, fares no better, our defense is a complete disaster and we end the season 2-14 only on the grace of our running game doing enough to keep us from being winless.

Best case- The o-line gels together and plays decent/good, McCown plays decent/good and our defense plays as expected. Finish around 11-5.

Realistic- O-line is extremely inconsistent which leads to McCown/Glennon being no more than mediocre, but we're still a decent team because of our defense and good coaching. Finish around 7-9.

Worst case- O-line continues to play awful like it did last week and McCown/Glennon both don't play well. Finish around 4-12.

I really think the season comes down to how the o-line plays. If they play well, I think McCown/Glennon will do at least an adequate job under Center which should be good enough because I am very confident in our defense (I think it will definitely be top 10, possibly top 5).

Best case- The o-line gels together and plays decent/good, McCown plays decent/good and our defense plays as expected. Finish around 11-5.

Realistic- O-line is extremely inconsistent which leads to McCown/Glennon being no more than mediocre, but we're still a decent team because of our defense and good coaching. Finish around 7-9.

Worst case- O-line continues to play awful like it did last week and McCown/Glennon both don't play well. Finish around 4-12.

I really think the season comes down to how the o-line plays. If they play well, I think McCown/Glennon will do at least an adequate job under Center which should be good enough because I am very confident in our defense (I think it will definitely be top 10, possibly top 5).

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I think there's a solid chance that McCown produces for you guys in Tampa. Is he going to repeat what he showed us last year? More than likely not. But I don't think he's going to lose games for you, and that's huge right now. He's got a lot going on around him that reminds me of what he had last year in Chicago. He might actually surprise a lot of people, even if he's only just barely inside the top 20 QBs when all is said and done.

That defense should be fantastic. Lovie has always had great defenses. He's got the players on that front 7 to produce again too. Verner should be a spectacular addition at corner, I think he will better suit the BUcs this year than Revis would have. So many guys should flourish in his defensive scheme. I'll be especially watching Mason Foster and Mark Barron. Those guys are going to work out to be studs. And we already know what kind of player Lavonte David is at this point.

No one is paying much attention to Tampa, but their going to be a tough out at the worse case scenario. If Doug Baldwin gets the football moving on the ground like he did 2 seasons ago, look out!