Bye

vs. :Saints: - L

@ :Bengals: - W

@ :Falcons: - W

vs. :Chiefs: - W

vs. :Bengals: - W

Sweep the division, go 11-5, :trophy:

:dry:

Could lose a game to the Ravens or Bengals. The Titans game is iffy. Jets is iffy as well, but it's following a Ravens game. I honestly don't think this is that tough a schedule. Could finish between 10-6 and 12-4, imo.

Interesting you have Texans beating you at home - I have pencilled that game as a loss for Texans

Texans:-

v Washington - W

@ Raiders -W

@ Giants -L

v Bills -W

@ Cowboys -W

v Colts -W (Texans break the Hoodoo at home)

@ Steelers -L

@Titans -L

v Eagles -L

BYE

@ Browns -W

v Bengals - L

v Titans -W

@ Jags -L

@ Colts -L

v Ravens - W (Texans rally at home against their old coach)

v Jags -W

This is very doable for Texans. We may lose both games to Colts and lose to Ravens but could pick up the Bengals game and could also pick up the Jags at Jags.

Texans could snag a wildcard. 9 - 7

Edited by Wattafan

Barring any unforeseen injuries, the Texans look like a six or seven win team at best. If they can draft Mariota or Winston next year, then things might turnaround for the better. There's only so much you can achieve with two backup caliber quarterbacks and a 4th round rookie...

Barring any unforeseen injuries, the Texans look like a six or seven win team at best. If they can draft Mariota or Winston next year, then things might turnaround for the better. There's only so much you can achieve with two backup caliber quarterbacks and a 4th round rookie...

Agree that injuries always play a part however, Texans seem to have enough depth this year.

The new coaching regime has given ALL players the chance to make the team and that has made everyone more competitive - gone are the days of the Kubiak cronyism.

The secondary seems upgraded as well, and most importantly, the coaching.

Mr. Clowney adds a new dimension to the pass rush and Jerrell Powe looks like a decent upgrade at NT.

One has to be justifiably optimistic with Texans chances and as the season progresses, they will get better within the new system.

I just don't share your optimism for this season. I like O'Brien and I think he will get this team going in the right direction, but I believe there are going to be some major growing pains this year.

-I have no faith in Fitzpatrick

-Right side of the o-line is still in shambles

-Secondary is still getting routinely torched

Texans will win some games, but it's going to be the ugly old-fashioned way. Pound the rock, and hope the d-line can get to the opposing quarterback.

I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer. This team is decent on paper, with obvious terrible flaws at the most important position...

Fitzpatrick isn't leading a team to 9 wins.

I'm sorry. He's just not capable. He will have a game or two that he carries the team himself and wins it for you, but a good 8 or 9 where he'll either A. be garbage the whole game or B. look decent enough til the 4th quarter and throw the game away.

The guy is not, and never has been, capable of managing a game. To be as smart as he is, he sure is dumb.

Fitzpatrick isn't leading a team to 9 wins.

I'm sorry. He's just not capable. He will have a game or two that he carries the team himself and wins it for you, but a good 8 or 9 where he'll either A. be garbage the whole game or B. look decent enough til the 4th quarter and throw the game away.

The guy is not, and never has been, capable of managing a game. To be as smart as he is, he sure is dumb.

I don't see Fitz as Texans saviour and never mentioned his name.

All he has to do is manage the game, which he can do, and keep the ints to a minimum.

Special Teams looks like it has a heartbeat again and if the D does get it's mojo back and force more turnovers than they did last year (which shouldn't be hard), then Texans will be a handful for teams once again.

I agree that it may take time for the team to gel, but lots of other teams have new players and coaches also.

Texans schedule is easier than last years.

Edited by Wattafan

All he has to do is manage the game, which he can do, and keep the ints to a minimum.

I take it you've never seen Ryan Fitzpatrick play before?

I'm not exaggerating when I say he can't manage a game. He literally, and I mean literally, is incapable of doing so. If he's not out there playing like a gun slinger, he's not out there playing at all.

• Upvote 1

I take it you've never seen Ryan Fitzpatrick play before?

I'm not exaggerating when I say he can't manage a game. He literally, and I mean literally, is incapable of doing so. If he's not out there playing like a gun slinger, he's not out there playing at all.

He is getting better as he goes in these pre-season games.

Looks like OB is making this system tailored to Fitz as much as possible.

He does throw a little too much into tight coverage and this worries me, but he has a pretty decent receiving corp including Andre Johnson, Deandre Hopkins, Ryan Griffin, CJ Fiedorowicz (who some are saying will be a starter) and Mike Thomas in the slot with Foster out of the backfield.

He will have weapons to throw to.

He is getting better as he goes in these pre-season games.

Looks like OB is making this system tailored to Fitz as much as possible.

He does throw a little too much into tight coverage and this worries me, but he has a pretty decent receiving corp including Andre Johnson, Deandre Hopkins, Ryan Griffin, CJ Fiedorowicz (who some are saying will be a starter) and Mike Thomas in the slot with Foster out of the backfield.

He will have weapons to throw to.

wpid-its-okay-bro-_1.jpg

I'm here for you. When the Texans win 6-7 games I'll be here to console you. I remember the days when I had high expectations for this franchise. They do say ignorance is bliss, but just talk to some Browns fans and you'll truly know our pain.

wpid-its-okay-bro-_1.jpg

I'm here for you. When the Texans win 6-7 games I'll be here to console you. I remember the days when I had high expectations for this franchise. They do say ignorance is bliss, but just talk to some Browns fans and you'll truly know our pain.

You can call me a homer - I'm a big boy now. :)