Sign in to follow this  
Glanvilles Grits

Thomas DeCoud?

Hey Panthers fans, anyone have any information on how DeCoud is fairing for you guys in camp?

He was absolutely terrible for us last season, didn't even grade out as a back-up safety I believe. However, with how terrible our safety situation is opposite of William Moore, I wonder if the Falcons made a mistake letting him go.

Is DeCoud still struggling?

Having back and forth performances so far from what I have seen. I went down for three days of camp didn't really do anything that stood out but nothing so bad I took notice either. Give me another pre-season game or two to watch and I will get back to you on it though lol just not enough of a sample or info to really give an account yet.

Having back and forth performances so far from what I have seen. I went down for three days of camp didn't really do anything that stood out but nothing so bad I took notice either. Give me another pre-season game or two to watch and I will get back to you on it though lol just not enough of a sample or info to really give an account yet.

I'm trying to keep tabs on him, but I can't ever find anything about him on team write ups for the Panthers. I also didn't see much of him in the first pre-season game. I guess I'm trying to see what he does for you guys because I'm still enamored by his 2012 season which really catapulted him up the ranks. He played like a camp body all year last season, I keep trying to tell myself that the Falcons made the best move available to them by handing him walking papers. Then I just keep remembering that it was only one terrible season at this point. I hope the Falcons called it right on DeCoud.

Panthers can't be upset about grabbing him though, the potential is definitely there if he plays up to it.

• Upvote 1

Starting defense wasn't in long in the pre season opener and according to BBR which is a good place for real in depth Panthers info right now he sits a top the projected depth chart by them, like I said not enough of a sample yet but he hasn't really done nothing too bad to take notice. Only Safety I have noticed is Harper and that is because he has sit most of camp they say he is fine I guess just resting the vet and trying to keep him fresh for the season but here is the piece I found I think yesterday of rankings by BBR leaving camp.

1. Thomas DeCoud
  2. Robert Lester
  3. Roman Harper
  4. Colin Jones
  5. Anderson Russell
  6. Tom Nelson
  7. Tre Boston

No changes, but when he returns, Harper will jump over Lester.

http://www.blackandbluereview.com/power-3/

Edited by panthergf

Honestly, if last year was indication of how good DeCoud REALLY is, I can't wait to get Julio Jones and Roddy White running deep toward him! Ha.

Honestly, if last year was indication of how good DeCoud REALLY is, I can't wait to get Julio Jones and Roddy White running deep toward him! Ha.

Since they wont get 10 yards before Matty Ice is flat on his back, it wont really matter.