Maverick

Official Soccer Thread

Don't worry, Spurs will concede 4 to y'all this week :yao:

Spurs always rape us so no fucking way lol

MLS Playoffs :Banana:

anybody else care about those? know they're going on?

I'll be at the Red Bulls playoff game tonight vs KC!

• Upvote 1

I'll be at the Red Bulls playoff game tonight vs KC!

awesome, so you'll get an up close look at the game to decide who loses to DC United first :p

Yeah I'll be watching a few of the games, definitely will be sure to see the Revs games. They have been dominant since they signed Jermaine Jones. I don't consider myself a fan of them, I've watched a handful (maybe 8-10 this year) of games and do know most of the players, really like Lee Nguyen, and obviously I hope they do well.

man, that Red Bulls v. Sporting KC was a heck of a game, now we get another entry in the NY/DCU rivalry, can't wait

What a freaking game to be at! The two goals were at the end I was sitting at, too! Place went nuts. Overall we played pretty well. They're counter attack scared me a few times but our defense kept their cool for the most part. Petke got the subs right as both made an impact on the result. Below are some pics...

me and my girlfriend

1zqy651.jpg

i've gotten better pics of Henry from other games I've went to this season

jjs3l0.jpg

graham zusi for you USMNT fans

t6cris.jpg

the banner was to congratulate BWP on his 27 goals

34ozc4h.jpg

Good luck oochymp! Always some fun matches when our two teams face off.

• Upvote 2

Don't worry, Spurs will concede 4 to y'all this week :yao:

Almost

I think it's official that we've pulled a Spuds 2.0. We're trash. Gonna get mauled by Madrid today in the CL.

oochymp you mad Henry was playing like he was 10 years younger on Sunday? :troll:

I was at the game again (thank you coworker with season tickets). We played some great football. Completely controlled the match. As long as we don't have a complete meltdown next weekend I think we'll be through to the EC finals!

Here's a better pic I took of the legend:

2d00w3m.jpg

I was madder that DC United was playing like it was 2013

Feels weird to be eliminated in a win, but as bad as we played last week it shouldn't have been this close, and as much as I hate to see the pink cows do well I don't think I'd be mad about a Thierry Henry v Landon Donovan mls cup

Tottenham are shit, this is all.

• Upvote 1

Why do the dumbasses who make up the MLS schedule decide to put the Revs game on opposite the Pats game? And the Sounders game was on the same time as the Seahawks one, too. What's wrong with Saturday? Really dumb by the MLS. Nice that the Revs got the win though.

Arsenal lost to United even though they dominated possession for basically the entire game. Just couldn't break through at all, really annoying.

Tottenham Liverpool are shit, this is all.

Fixed.

I didn't get that either, Brady. I was at the game on Sunday vs Revolution. I'm just copying and pasting my thoughts from a soccer forum I visit...

I was at the game today. Most crowded I've seen RBA all season. Both teams played some terrific soccer. It was an excellent match to watch and hats off to the Revolution and their travelling supporters. They were into the game for the full 90 minutes.

Unfortunately, that was some of the worst refereeing I've ever seen. He whipped the cards out nonstop and some of the decisions were shocking. I won't complain too much because the decisions were going both ways, but I will say Jermaine Jones could have easily been sent off. Probably should have been tbh.

Anyway, I don't see us coming back from that deficit next Saturday. BWP will miss the next leg because of the card accumulation so that's pretty much our shot down the drain barring a miracle. Anybody see his interview after the match? He didn't know about the accumulation rule and was absolutely fuming post game. He said "Jones reffed a good match"

620x350_Olsen.jpg

very deserving, glad the team showed faith in him after the debacle that was 2013

Arsenal loses to Stoke today. :facepalm: Just not acceptable. Can't give up 3 goals to Stoke (really should have been 4).

Glad that Chelsea finally lost though. They haven't been so great lately, looks like teams are starting to figure them out a little bit.

MLS expansion draft is Wednesday, could be interesting

Nice win for Arsenal today. :notbad:

Also saw the United/Southampton. Dusan Tadic and Pelle are an insanely good duo.

Southampton are rolling right now the city actually buzzing about champions league soccer, which at first I didn't think could happen but now I feel they could.

Completely gone off Tottenham not interested in results or anything.

Huge win for Arsenal vs Man City. Looks like Wenger's learned that you need to actually play disciplined defense against other elite teams.

Vincent Kompany is extremely overrated too. He's never really impressed me. He's strong but slow and takes really dumb penalties, not great on the ball either.

Aaron Rasmsey has regressed big time as well. Starting to think last year may have just been a flash in the pan.

Edited by RevisFan81