Maverick

Official Soccer Thread

don't know if anyone saw this (again I think I'm the only one on here who follows USL) from May, but the guy just got a worldwide suspension from FIFA and I'd say it's deserved:

Daaaaamn, if I was that first teammate to approach him who ended up shoving him don't know how I wouldn't of thrown hands for his jaw. Yeah, fuckboy shit. Ground him for good.

yeah, I remember when it happened the team (Pittsburgh Riverhounds) promptly released him and the USL suspended him indefinitely, I'm not sure if anyone would have given him a shot anyway, it takes a lot of talent to overlook that level of dumbfuckery (see Suarez, Luis) and nothing against USL but if that's where he's playing he ain't got that much talent

• Upvote 1

I just realized I hadn't posted anything about it, but RICHMOND KICKERS BEAT SWANSEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, the game was awesome, Kickers won 2-0 and the Red Army was insane, as always. There was a 95 minute rain/lightning delay and we spent it singing (I'm using that term loosely) and marching around the concourse. It was easily one of the most enjoyable sports experiences I've been a part of.

Here are highlights (the two goals are at about a minute and about 3:45, if you don't watch anything else the goals and crowd reaction are awesome):

Edited by oochymp
  • Upvote 1

Guzan gone from Villa, thank the lord!

Pogba and Ibra alone is going to annoy the fuck out of me...

Pogba got PAID. He's worth it tho. Dope player. :yep:

Pogba got PAID. He's worth it tho. Dope player. :yep:

We'll see if he's utilized right though, he's best in a 4-3-3. ManU has put together a strange squad. Over the hill Ibra and Rooney featured. Overly hyped Martial and Memphis. But two dope new pieces in Pogba and Mkhitaryan. Guess Rashford is getting pushed back to backup. That's the attack though. Other than De Gea in goal their defense is very questionable. I think they come up short of CL in the end and finish 5th and Mourinho ends up watching games from the stands like last year throwing a hissy fit :yao:

Edited by CampinWithGordonRamsay

Last year opening day Spurs lost 0-1 to ManU on a deserved draw or win, today, 1-1. Everton's goal on a set piece was pretty fluky, and 2nd half Spurs dominated as soon as new signing Janssen was inserted. Poch might be best to play Janssen up front with Kane in the classic #10 role that his number dictates. They dominated after the change.

Can't really complain, first game of the year type shit and Everton looks much improved with their new manager.

Germany for the Olympics :yes:

The Screaming Eagles with a great victory yesterday...sucks Azubuike got a yellow and will miss the next match...but I am very confident we can beat Germany :yep:

Also.. thanks Sunderland for not making us look like total asswipes yesterday :D

DC United got a big win last night, 2-0 over Portland, and the Kickers continued their unbeaten streak with a hard fought draw (we had a lot of good opportunities but couldn't capitalize), also it was a lot fun heckling John Harkes, who's currently coaching FC Cincinnati, last night

The season is back BOIZ.

On Pelle hell considering that before the Euro's he was expected to go as low as a free transfer and as high as £5 million, to get £11 Million for him which then helped to get Hojberg ill take it.

We are low at Striker and need one more and need a CDM to replace Wanyama but we are in a good place. Redmond looked lively opening day and Hojberg is going to be a beast. I will say a top 8 finish is more than do able.

https://cdn.streamable.com/video/mp4/ghl0.mp4?_=1

^Coutinho free kick vs Arsenal

First match of the season and I can safely say that will be one of the best free kicks you'll see all year. Honestly all four of our goals were beautiful. What an exciting game. Huge victory to start the season.

I was at the beach all weekend so didn't get to see anything else outside of 'pool.

• Upvote 1

https://cdn.streamable.com/video/mp4/ghl0.mp4?_=1

^Coutinho free kick vs Arsenal

First match of the season and I can safely say that will be one of the best free kicks you'll see all year. Honestly all four of our goals were beautiful. What an exciting game. Huge victory to start the season.

I was at the beach all weekend so didn't get to see anything else outside of 'pool.

I watched it live, wigged out on Mane's goal. Big Mane fan.

• Upvote 1

I watched it live, wigged out on Mane's goal. Big Mane fan.

Mane starts well but fades and goes missing for a good 10-15 games. I'd be interested if that was because he wanted to leave Southampton or he is just lazy.

Arsenal over Leicester lock of the century tomorrow. Arsenal 3-1.

I wouldn't say its a lock in the slightest. I personally see Leicester beating Arsenal.

Not surprised at the Manchester United loss last night, we are still working towards Puel's tactics which are completely different to Koeman's. Plus Pogba and Zlatan were awesome, United are definitely back in title contension

I was happy with how Saints played though, it is looking really promising.

Dominant performance. Vintage Poch Spurs.

CqUanXNWgAA3dyu.jpg

Was in the Mad Box pissed on how in the hell Spurs didn't have a goal yet but Wanyama came through in the end off the header by Kane. Eriksen sucked dick again, wonder if the contract dispute is causing him to be a bitch on the pitch. Soon as Dele came in for him he created way more chances in just 20 minutes. Eriksen blew a 4-5 on 1 counter but derping it. I would of rang his neck if I was a teammate :lol:

Janssen very impressive starting debut but he duffed a great chance created by Dele but other than that he looked better than Kane out there.