Maverick

Official Soccer Thread

GLORIOUS DAY.

Spurs 3 pts clear of that other North London team and just straight dominated today despite the 2-1 victory. When that guy makes the map for this game it'll be ridiculous how many xG Spurs earned but just couldn't finish.

EDIT: it's in, and yep... :lol: domination.

CcUIFlSW0AA5WlU.jpg

Edited by CampinWithSquatCobbler

Opportunity.

It has been 55 years since Tottenham Hotspur won a league title.

By the end of today, a win could have Spurs in first place in the Premier League with just 10 games to go. The Lilywhites have been lifted by an unbelievable seven game winning streak that has pushed the team towards the league lead as the likes of Arsenal and Manchester City have fallen off. Spurs just keep finding ways to win, as unexpected goals by Nacer Chadli and Danny Rose lifted Spurs to a massive 2-1 comeback win over Swansea on Sunday. But with another London derby looming, the test will be on to see if Spurs can rise to the occasion.

Spurs travel to the Boleyn Ground to face a West Ham team that sits in sixth place, just four points behind Manchester City for fourth place. The Hammers have been solid in attack and defense this year, as Dimitri Payet, Manuel Lanzini, and Michail Antonio are threats in attack, while the central defensive pairing of James Collins and Angelo Ogbonna has remained strong.

The biggest test may come in the center of the pitch, as West Ham will try to get the better of a tired and depleted Spurs midfield.

Can Spurs break into first place with a needed London derby win? We shall see.

R5qVG_f-maxage-0.gif

you fucker.

The worst half performance by Spurs of the season possibly. So lucky to just be down, 0-1.

I blame Mav. aka Satan. :pls:

Fuck Liverpool. Wack ass has-been top club. :yao: Had to get rid of your top class player because he got rabies in their lockers.

:cigar:

Edited by CampinWithSquatCobbler

:walter:

Hey now, you should be thanking Liverpool for kicking City's ass so your loss wasn't as bad. Fuck you, City. You take our cup, we take your title chances away!

Not to mention lolArsenal getting beat by Swansea. Fucking losers always do this in the second half of the season lol.

• Upvote 1

MLS season starts Sunday :rock:

unfortunately all four MLS teams lost in the quarterfinals of the CONCAChamps

Still not recovered from the L knew it was probably gonna happen ahead of the Arsenal match in a couple days. Didn't start our typical midfield and got bodied in it by Payet the gawd. Who is still all he's been advertised he created the only goal with his great corners. All it took was that snipe at 7 minutes, no more goals after. Atleast in the 2nd half they battered them with attacks and it was competitive but gotta beat Arsenal now just to keep up with Lester. :pls:

Welp, since Detroit doesn't seem like the whole MLS thing will happen anytime soon, I've decided since I live in Oregon and already have Timbers hear, I'll start cheering for them. So I now have an MLS team.

:thumbup2: next you need to find a good supporters group, that's what makes following MLS fun: 2016 MLS supporters' group field guide: Portland Timbers | MLSsoccer.com

I will more than likely become an active participant in this thread after I've been in Colombia for a while...

• Upvote 2

tottenham only put 2 on us :mjlaugh:

• Upvote 2

I will more than likely become an active participant in this thread after I've been in Colombia for a while...

Wear a James jersey and you'll get laid in less than 48 hours. Guaranteed.

Should of had 3 in the first half but Guzan went God Mode for most of it. Crazy saves, paired with some bad finishing luck.

Guzan is incapable of being competent must have been mostly the latter.

Liverpool draw Dortmund in Final 8 of Europa League

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3498661/Liverpool-FC-boss-Jurgen-Klopp-returns-Borussia-Dortmund-enthralling-Europa-League-quarter-final-draw.html

Son of a bitch. Figures. I love this and at the same time I hate it. Klopp against his old club...these two legs are going to be insane.

• Upvote 1

Liverpool draw Dortmund in Final 8 of Europa League

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3498661/Liverpool-FC-boss-Jurgen-Klopp-returns-Borussia-Dortmund-enthralling-Europa-League-quarter-final-draw.html

Son of a bitch. Figures. I love this and at the same time I hate it. Klopp against his old club...these two legs are going to be insane.

Prepare to get slaughtered. Seriously, Spurs played weak squads against them basically waving the white flag to focus on the League Title but Dortmund is by far the best team Spurs have played this year. They're really good.

also,

Cd7GlU-W8AEjGe0.jpg

:lol:

Edited by CampinWithShaddyWarbucks

Spurs/Liverpool this week :devious: Two high pressing teams, Klopp one of the masters and OGs of it and Poch one of the new names rising because of it. Gonna be a high intensity match, Liverpool still fighting for top four, Spurs obviously trying to keep pace with ɹǝʇsǝl