Maverick

Official Soccer Thread

Tonight is going to be so HYPE.

• Upvote 2

No actually I picked up a Colombian fútbol shirt yesterday. My friends haven't seen it yet. So I'm teasing them all this morning saying "Estados Unidos va a ganar el partido esta noche. Si o no?" The USA is going to win the match tonight. Yes or no?

This is going to be so much fun. Also I am picking up my Colombia cedula (ID card) today, so I am now officially a resident of Colombia. VAMOS COLOMBIA!

• Upvote 1

No actually I picked up a Colombian fútbol shirt yesterday.

• Upvote 1

oochy, what are your predictions on tonight's game? You probably know the USMNT better than I do.

I'm predicting an optimistic 1-1 draw. We have a tendency to surprise top teams in these tournaments. Wouldn't be shocked to see Colombia destroy us, though. After all, they are ranked #3 in the world..

actually, I probably don't know the USMNT better than you do, I don't watch enough soccer outside of MLS, and I definitely don't know enough about Columbia to make any sort of prediction, but I'm really interested to see how Klinsman approaches this, he really needs a good run here to hold the critics off a bit

I'll say 3-1 Colombia.

All I know about Colombia is they got James Rodriguez who's a beast. And Victor Ibarbo who looks like the engineer from Prometheus.

• Upvote 2

EDIT: yep^ He's the best player on the field. They're featuring him too, Bacca in front of him and wingers on his side with CDMs behind him. They're giving him room to shine. We'll see. Bradley is playing CDM though which I like :rock:

was waiting for lineups to make a prediction, kinda shocked Klinsy going for it...

United States lineup (4-3-3): Brad Guzan; Fabian Johnson, John Brooks, Geoff Cameron, DeAndre Yedlin; Michael Bradley, Jermaine Jones, Alejandro Bedoya; Bobby Wood, Clint Dempsey, Gyasi Zardes

Colombia lineup (4-2-3-1): David Ospina; Farid Diaz, Jeison Murillo, Cristian Zapata, Santiago Arias; Sebastian Perez, Daniel Torres; Edwin Cardona, James Rodriguez, Juan Cuadrado; Carlos Bacca

I say 2-1 'MERICA :ooo:

Edited by CampinWithTheBoysInTheBoat

'Merica got 'Merked. :smug:

When James scored on that penalty kick... that was the loudest I've ever heard a bar during a sporting event.

You disgust me, Matthew. :p

Losing to Colombia is nothing to be ashamed of. It's these next two games that we need to show we should be taken seriously. As far as the actual game, I was at a big viewing event where I did a lot of socializing and didn't pay close attention to the game so I can't really give much analysis.

The Mexico v Uruguay game was pretty crazy last night. Uruguay desperately need Luis. Those Mexican fans...holy crap haha. Beers flying everywhere after they scored, shit being thrown onto the field after Uruguay scored...I would HATE to work at the venue if/when Mexico get knocked out of the tournament.

^I agree, and yeah that was pretty bad. lol

Tonight's game should be pretty good.

James wont be playing tomorrow night. Messi, Suarez, and James are all hurt. Feels bad man.

• Upvote 1

James wont be playing tomorrow night. Messi, Suarez, and James are all hurt. Feels bad man.

This tournament is trash and America lost for hosting it and being shit in it :mjtears:

Real men watch the Euro tournament anyways

• Upvote 1

I can't wait for the Colombia vs. Paraguay match tonight. This place is gonna be nuts.

Well, that was surprising. I was hoping and predicting we would win, but not in that convincing fashion.

I think the PK really turned the tide of the game. Up to that point, Costa Rica was all over us. Still some sloppy play as expected, but overall a fun game to watch.

Barring a loss to Paraguay, I'd say we have a great shot at advancing!

USA and Colombia both did some work yesterday.

The bar I was at this time actually shook from being so loud. He wasn't even supposed to play. :rock:

Edited by Sarge
  • Upvote 1

^That's awesome man. Do you find yourself becoming more interested in the sport itself, or are you just enjoying watching a sport in such an exciting atmosphere?

we definitely advance with a win, and if I'm looking at this right with yesterday's results we should advance with a tie as long as Costa Rica doesn't beat Columbia by 6+, which basically means we'll advance with a win or a tie

Edited by oochymp
  • Upvote 1