Maverick

Official Soccer Thread

Liverpool

VisroU6.gif

Can't stop watching and laughing :lol:

My god that Messi goal was beautiful.

I just shook my head when I saw this goal.

• Upvote 1

was just coming to post the same thing, nuts after just winning re-election, I have to wonder if he was hoping to lose the election, this probably opens the door for a larger change than that would have tho

"FIFA needs profound restructuring," Blatter said. "Although members have given me the new mandate, this mandate does not seem to be supported by everyone."

FIFA president Sepp Blatter resigns amid corruption scandal - ESPN FC

Edited by oochymp

as my speculation continues, maybe this means there was something going on behind closed doors with sponsors, it's hard to really wrap my head around how out of left field this feels

Edited by oochymp

It would be absolutely CRAZY if one of these investigations point to corruption b/w FIFA and Russia to get it there in 2018.

I'm happy Blatter is gone, but, I'm not sold FIFA is in any better shape.

there's also a theory in play that someone close to Blatter will take over and Blatter will relocate to somewhere without extradition to the US and run FIFA as a puppet master

It came out today that South Africa had paid a 10mil bribe if I'm correct. It's definitely going to come out and I wouldn't be surprised if the venues got changed.

http://www.espnfc.us/story/2476420/liverpool-would-sanction-sterling-swap-for-walcott-and-gibbs

Liverpool have told Arsenal that they will only do a deal for want-away winger Raheem Sterling if Theo Walcott and Kieran Gibbs are included, sources have told ESPN FC.

:ooo:

Sign me up for that one. Walcott is very good and Gibbs is a nice young leftback but Sterling is easily the best player in that swap.

Yeah I saw that, Bredy. I don't like that at all. There better be 20mil to go along with Walcott + Gibbs.

http://www.espnfc.us/story/2476420/liverpool-would-sanction-sterling-swap-for-walcott-and-gibbs

:ooo:

Sign me up for that one. Walcott is very good and Gibbs is a nice young leftback but Sterling is easily the best player in that swap.

Honestly I'll be very surprised if he goes anywhere other than Real Madrid. Would allow Ronaldo to play as CF and Bale and Sterling on the wings. Benzima would be gone.

I'll stop theorizing about Bladder after this, but I just saw one of the more interesting, and plausible, explanations for the timing. The Womens' World Cup is about to start in Canada, Canada and the US have very friendly relations when it comes to extradition, ergo any high profile person wanted in the US wouldn't last long in Canada without getting picked up. As FIFA President, Bladder couldn't just not show up to the Womens' World Cup but after resigning nobody expects him there. It's also something to keep in mind if word gets out about other high ranking FIFA officials skipping the Womens' World Cup.

And on that note, anyone else pumped for the Womens' World Cup? Here's a good primer: 2015 Women's World Cup Predictions | FiveThirtyEight

Honestly I'll be very surprised if he goes anywhere other than Real Madrid. Would allow Ronaldo to play as CF and Bale and Sterling on the wings. Benzima would be gone.

Slim to none chance this happens.

Please explain why? Real have been all over him saying how they would love to add him. They potentially are getting Rafa Benitez who would imo be an ideal manager for him to play under as I see a fair bit of Michael Owen in Raheeim Sterling.

There is no way that Sterling stays at Liverpool and it would have to be a ridiculous offer for them to sell to another premiership club.

Anyway I'm happy that Arsenal won the FA Cup (never thought I'd say that) as Southampton are now in the qualifying rounds of Europa League. Considering that the majority of people thought that Saints would get relegated due to players sold. It was a great achievement.

I just hope they get it as I fancy going to European games next season and not just hearing the chants as I live a mile and a half from St Mary's.

Anyway I'm happy that Arsenal won the FA Cup (never thought I'd say that) as Southampton are now in the qualifying rounds of Europa League. Considering that the majority of people thought that Saints would get relegated due to players sold. It was a great achievement.

I just hope they get it as I fancy going to European games next season and not just hearing the chants as I live a mile and a half from St Mary's.

That's the only consolation for me. If Villa made the Europa league next season, I think we would surely go down unless the promoted teams are trash next season. Look at Everton this season...they struggled heavily at times.

That's the only consolation for me. If Villa made the Europa league next season, I think we would surely go down unless the promoted teams are trash next season. Look at Everton this season...they struggled heavily at times.

It doesn't hurt Spurs like it did Loanverton but it forever banishes them to the quagmire that is that 5th-7th place Europa window forever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and :(

Yea the spending gap between the top 5 and the rest is ridiculous anyway.

I agree though Villa would have struggled juggling between the two competitions and it would of had an adverse effect on them.Everton didn't invest enough in building a bigger squad for both, they also don't really have the financial capabilities to do so.

Luckily Southampton do through previous player sales due to having one of the best scouting and academies in the country. Southampton need a bit bigger squad but I would be happy with a slight drop off due to playing in europe. To me for saints it is something to be expected.

Please explain why? Real have been all over him saying how they would love to add him. They potentially are getting Rafa Benitez who would imo be an ideal manager for him to play under as I see a fair bit of Michael Owen in Raheeim Sterling.

There is no way that Sterling stays at Liverpool and it would have to be a ridiculous offer for them to sell to another premiership club.

1) He's not good enough for Real. Benefited from Suarez, like everyone else did last season.

2) Most credible rumors as of now are linking him to City and Arsenal.

it's too easy to forget how good Espindola is, huge getting him back and DC United is on a now club record 20 game home unbeaten streak :Banana: