Sign in to follow this  
Wattafan

Best prospects cut from your team.

Every year your team cuts someone you think should have made the roster going by excellent pre-season form.

This year Texans cut some gems:-

Max Bullough - ILB

Travis Labhart - WR

Uzoma Nwachukwu - WR

Bullough could not have done much more to impress and certainly did nothing wrong. My bet is they will try to sneak him onto the practise squad.

Labhart had two pick 6's in his games against two different opponents. He has flypaper on his hands and finds ways to get open. A real headscratcher for mine.

Nwachukwu is very fast and also will get snapped up.

Ricardo Mathews DL/DE is a 5 year vet and showed great versatility but still (shockingly) got cut.

There were some others but these four were standouts.

• Upvote 1

Probably Cordarro Law (DE/OLB), Thomas Keiser (DE/OLB), and Craig Watts (G).

Law and Keiser both showed some nice things as pass rushers (albeit later in games). Law probably has more upside as a guy who could develop as more of an every down rush linebacker. He's really good on ST too.

Watts is a just big and athletic and raw. Could maybe turn into something if stashed (which I hope we do).

All in all, not much to see here. We're deeper than we were last season, but we still aren't deep. And as of now we kept both backs- Grice and Oliver.

Kapri Bibbs, RB.

Shaq Barrett, LB

Duke Ihenacho, SS

Would not be surprised to see these guys on rosters elsewhere. Meanwhile we kept a turnstile 4th OT and Corey Nelson at LB who I'm not fussed about.

Every year your team cuts someone you think should have made the roster going by excellent pre-season form.

Max Bullough - ILB

Travis Labhart - WR

Uzoma Nwachukwu - WR

Bullough could not have done much more to impress and certainly did nothing wrong. My bet is they will try to sneak him onto the practise squad.

Labhart had two pick 6's in his games against two different opponents. He has flypaper on his hands and finds ways to get open. A real headscratcher for mine.

Ricardo Mathews DL/DE is a 5 year vet and showed great versatility but still (shockingly) got cut.

A faux pas on my part re- pick 6's - they belonged to DB Andre Hal, who Texans retained. (Thank goodness)

Labhart still performed well and has many Texans fans scratching their heads as to why he was cut.

Max Bullough - ILB

Travis Labhart - WR

Uzoma Nwachukwu - WR

How was Marcus Williams? Think he has a chance to latch on, elsewhere?

How was Marcus Williams? Think he has a chance to latch on, elsewhere?

Didn't see a lot of him, but failed to impress - not much buzz on him either way.

Someone may feel he fits their system better.

Safety Chris Banjo will be a nice pickup for somebody... As will CB Jumal Rolle. Actually pretty surprised we let Rolle go. Banjo too, but we have too many safeties to sift through right now... We could always use another corner, but, alas, we kept three QBs instead.

• Upvote 1

Marc Mariani is one of the better returners in the NFL. Anyone with issues in that area should look in to him pretty heavily. Not the most athletic guy to ever return kicks but his vision is incredible. Really knows how to set up his blocks and make the most out of his returns. We have 2 other pro bowl caliber returners on our roster that can contribute more on offense than Marc can, though.

Kapri Bibbs, RB.

Shaq Barrett, LB

Duke Ihenacho, SS

Would not be surprised to see these guys on rosters elsewhere. Meanwhile we kept a turnstile 4th OT and Corey Nelson at LB who I'm not fussed about.

Yeah what's up with keeping Paul Cornick? Seems like they have plenty of depth otherwise with Schofield and Franklin still being able to shift over if need be.

:jags:

DL DeAndre Coleman

S Sherrod Martin

Coleman made a few plays in the Preseason and was all around solid. He deserves a shot somewhere else. Sherrod Martin had a good last game against the Falcons and the only thing I can think of on why they cut him in favor of Prosinski is that Pros is better at special teams.

Safety Chris Banjo will be a nice pickup for somebody... As will CB Jumal Rolle. Actually pretty surprised we let Rolle go. Banjo too, but we have too many safeties to sift through right now... We could always use another corner, but, alas, we kept three QBs instead.

Yeah I liked Banjo during his short time with the Jags. Active player.

None of the Jets cuts really upset me, I was actually happy with a lot of the cuts (Hill and McIntyre especially). Kind of weird we'll be going with two quarterbacks on the roster (especially with how injury prone Vick is). I mean cutting Patterson is a tough blow but with the whole situation going on with him going AWOL seems like the right move.

I would've liked to keep Clyde Gates. I think he's solid but with all the rookies just wasn't enough room for him.

Brandon Reedy.

I'm livid.

I agree with this sentiment. I'm a little upset that we kept Weems rostered just for use as a ST gunner when Reedy was actually just as good in that role.

That's the only person in the receiver group I could see keeping him over though. No way has he got more potential than Drew Davis has shown at times. It's tough though, he looked great all summer.

He has an amazing skill set for a guy his size. He'll definitely make it to the practice squad though.

Hmm. Tapp, or Leshoure. Maybe Leshoure is just that bad, but idk.

Call me crazy, but I like Leshoure as a runner. He seemed to get what he could, which considering that offensive line, I wonder what he could do with better blocking.

Texans signed Bullough, Labhart and Nwachukwu to the PS.

Thank goodness - adds a little depth if the worst happens.

Call me crazy, but I like Leshoure as a runner. He seemed to get what he could, which considering that offensive line, I wonder what he could do with better blocking.

He lacked the vision to hit the holes is the problem. A ton of talent, has to see the field better though.

Jags signed DeAndre Coleman to the PS :clap:

but the move I really like... signed RB Henry Josey to the PS :rock:

Not gonna lie, I'd rather have him and Denard as backups instead of Todman being in the stable. :lol:

Edited by CampinWithGoatSampson

Bucs didn't cut anyone too big.

Patton was a good returner and I thought he would make the team because of that.

Ronnie Hillman is super lucky that he's a 3rd round pick, because that's the only reason he's still on the team. I'd take Bibbs every day of the week.

Didn't surprise me at all that Duke got picked up right away.

Bibbs and Zac Dysert both made it to the PS at least.

Solomon Patton for the Bucs probably because of how good of a returner he was. He dropped a few balls as a WR though which likely cost him his spot on the 53. The Bucs did sign him to the practice squad though and he'll likely end up on the roster at some point in the season.

Texans signed Bullough, Labhart and Nwachukwu to the PS.

Thank goodness - adds a little depth if the worst happens.

Don't really care much for EZ, but I'm glad the Texans were able to stash Bullough and Labhart onto the PS. I also like the Ferentz kid. He could be good depth for the interior o-line.