Sign in to follow this  
Sparty

#8 Michigan State @ #3 Oregon

Well, the fact that Mark Dantonio has stressed that this game really doesn't mean much concerns me. Big Ten didn't do well at all last week, and we're competing to be that 4th best conference. We really flop in these early big games. I see us losing this one. :(

I dunno, I think Oregon might struggle in the trenches. They lost a few key players to injury there leading up to the season. Mariota throwing to unproven WRs, so he may have to rely on his RBs to do the majority of the receiving work like last week. Being in Eugene definitely helps though. I can see it going either way, if it was in Michigan State I'd say they would win.

Given how crummy the Big 10 looks, I'd say Michigan State needs to win this game to have a serious chance at the playoffs.

Yea I fully expect Oregon to win this one, last week was just a sighter and they looked good. Still a bit of work ahead with Mariotta and his WR's but that is to be expected. Our defense has skill all over the place and for once imo is the strongest part of the team.

Ducks gonna roll. lolBig10

lolNorth Dakota State University of Agriculture and Applied Sciences

lolNCAADivisionIFCS teams

• Upvote 2

What a tale of two halves. Oregon's offense really turned up the heat in the 2nd half, which I thought they would end up doing even against as stout a defense as MSU but not score as many points as they did. The sustaining drives the offense was able to provide definitely helped out the defense, which was fantastic only giving up 3 points after halftime.

Big Ten didn't do well at all last week. I see us losing this one. :(

Same thoughts I have today that I did a year ago. This is OSU's conference to lose.

Narduzzi is gone, secondary looked shit last week against a crap team... :sigh:

Edited by Spartan Havoc

I am even more confident that the Ducks will win again.

The injured players are back and looked good and offensively looks like there's not a beat missed with Adams. Considering he's only had 3 weeks with the team he's gonna get better each week.

Defence needs to improve but a lot of guys left last year so I expect it too be shakeup early.

Never thought a day would come where I'd be cheering for State to get slaughtered, but, here I am. Hoping State gets slaughtered.

Gtfo. That's the last thing any Spartan fan would want. It would be the worst thing. There goes all of our hopeful recruits if that happens... Dmac pls stop trying to say you're a MSU fan.

Dmac goes to college at Oregon now...

No one can resist the quack attack, no one

Defence needs to improve but a lot of guys left last year so I expect it too be shakeup early.

"Shaky early" isn't giving up 42 points to a FCS school.

Gtfo. That's the last thing any Spartan fan would want. It would be the worst thing. There goes all of our hopeful recruits if that happens... Dmac pls stop trying to say you're a MSU fan.

Lol, I'm a STUDENT at the University of Oregon, this week I'm not a Spartan fan, I'm a fan of the team that some people don't see as an elite team after giving up a ton of points to a FCS school. So yes, I do want UO to destroy MSU.

And on this topic of being a Spartan fan, half my family went/is going to MSU, I've been a fan for well over 10+ years. Nobody on this site has cheered for the Spartans to do well as much as I have. I'm sorry that I'm not a massive homer though who will pretend like a player is great just because he went to the school I'm a fan of. Smh

"Shaky early" isn't giving up 42 points to a FCS school.

I expect to concede a few points the first few games that's why I said I expect them to be shakey. You're right though it was a damn sight more than we should have given up.

Also shit I didn't realise your studying at UO. I'm jealous owing even lie, what you studying there?

Edited by Bangy

I expect to concede a few points the first few games that's why I said I expect them to be shakey. You're right though it was a damn sight more than we should have given up.

Yeah, I can appreciate that. OSU looked like it was on the ropes defensively against VTech of all schools. :p Hoping for a good game since it's probably the best match-up of the week.

Also shit I didn't realise your studying at UO. I'm jealous owing even lie, what you studying there?

Yea, I was the game last weekend. Lol. I'm studying architecture here.

Vernon Adams looked like a quarterback who just transferred in, coming from a conference that plays exactly no defense, whatsoever. I know he had an injured finger, but I also knew he would underwhelm, at least at the beginning.

He's definitely showing imo that he belongs in the FBS. You also have to remember he's only been at Oregon for 3/4 weeks.

In all honesty the Ducks should have won this game just a few minor mistakes that cost the Ducks. I fully expect him and the Ducks to get better each week.

I was of the opinion that Oregon was lucky to even have that last shot at the endzone that they barely missed. MSU should have put that game away, and let Oregon get that final chance.

Still an awesome game. It shows how pathetic the ranking system is that Oregon dropped so far in the best game of the year, especially when they lost by 3 points in a pretty rough environment. The cool thing is that this could POTENTIALLY set up a #1/#2 matchup at the Shoe. They'd have to (somehow) jump TCU and Bama (which is really only gonna be possible with one of them losing and OSU/MSU winning out), but it looks like it will be a great Top-5 game. Has primetime written all over it, but will a game that late in the year be allowed to be played at night?

I was of the opinion that Oregon was lucky to even have that last shot at the endzone that they barely missed. MSU should have put that game away, and let Oregon get that final chance.

Still an awesome game. It shows how pathetic the ranking system is that Oregon dropped so far in the best game of the year, especially when they lost by 3 points in a pretty rough environment. The cool thing is that this could POTENTIALLY set up a #1/#2 matchup at the Shoe. They'd have to (somehow) jump TCU and Bama (which is really only gonna be possible with one of them losing and OSU/MSU winning out), but it looks like it will be a great Top-5 game. Has primetime written all over it, but will a game that late in the year be allowed to be played at night?

Auburn still won their game and are ranked 18th from being #6 last week, lol.