Sign in to follow this  
Sparty

#8 Michigan State @ #3 Oregon

I'm an Auburn fan and they deserved that drop. They nearly lost to Jacksonville State and had to have OT and a shanked 17-yard punt to beat a team that, if they truly were #6 in the nation, they should have blown the fuck out.

Auburn had 5 losses last year. No 5 loss team belongs in the Top 10.

That would only be true if teams didn't change a lot year-to-year in college football... which they do.

So basically, that argument is completely irrelevant.

However, they surely do not now, not after that near-loss versus J-state.

That would only be true if teams didn't change a lot year-to-year in college football... which they do.

So basically, that argument is completely irrelevant.

However, they surely do not now, not after that near-loss versus J-state.

Then answer me this: Why hasn't TCU dropped? I mean, they only beat Minnesota by 6. That's not a top 5 team to me then. If we're going to do this, we might as well drop teams just by the mere fact they struggled against weak competition. In fact, most teams should drop.

Then answer me this: Why hasn't TCU dropped? I mean, they only beat Minnesota by 6. That's not a top 5 team to me then. If we're going to do this, we might as well drop teams just by the mere fact they struggled against weak competition. In fact, most teams should drop.

There's a huge difference between Minnesota and Jacksonville St.

It's based on performance and the level of competition they face. No offence to Jacksonville State but a top 5-10 teams should absolutely destroy them. Auburn looked shakeup as hell and had to basically rely on pure luck to scrape a win out of that game.

Minnesota although aren't up there are still a lot better team on a decent conference that's the difference.

Minnesota has put out a pretty stout defense the past few years, and has been the only team to hold TCU to 30 points or less in the last two seasons, I think. If they had any type of offense at all, they'd be pretty fucking good.

Minnesota is a solid team, and TCU beat them at Minnesota. That says more than hardly beating an FCS opponent at home.

EDIT: Take my word for what you will given I'm a Gopher fan, but I thought TCU @ Minnesota was a better win than Alabama beating Wisconsin on a neutral field.

Edited by OSUViking