oochymp

Which 2-0 team will finish the season with the worst record?

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who finishes with the worst record?

• Bengals
    • Bills
    • Broncos
    • Cardinals
    • Eagles
    • Panthers
    • Texans

With some of the surprise 2-0 teams, and keeping in mind that the Texans (one of those surprise 2-0 teams) parlayed a 2-0 start into a 2-14 season I thought this would make for an interesting topic, I anticipate a few teams getting most, if not all, of the votes but I went ahead and included everyone, because if you want to say the Broncos are going to have a worse record than the Bills and Texans who am I to stop you? I'll add my thoughts later

I'll vote after I check out the schedules.

Easy answer as of now is the Bills, but I do think they'll be good in a year or two. However, they still have too many young pieces. Their defense is starting to work out the way they had hoped though

The Texans beat up on two nobodies, the Bills beat a division rival and a team that was a game away from the playoffs last year. I think the Texans begins to collapse down the stretch, there aren't many games where you can get away with throwing the ball only 20 times.

The Bills and it starts in week three.

I can already tell this thread will make me sad.

• Upvote 1

I can already tell this thread will make me sad.

It's really just wishful thinking that made me vote the way I did. The story on the Bills has all along been that they have good pieces and just need Manuel not to blow it. So far, he isn't. For the Chargers sake, I hope he does on Sunday.

Texans play only like 5 games against potential playoff opponents the rest of the year. They have a a cake schedule so I don't see it being them. Gotta go with the Bills.

Texans. Can't see them being better than 8-8. I could honestly see the Bills at 9-7, maybe even 10-6.

The Bills and Texans actually have somewhat similar rosters and situations. It really will come down to QB play. Fitz and Manuel will dictate how for their teams go.

Bills and Texans getting the most votes, I'm not surprised at all, I went with the Texans, they were 2-14 last year after a 2-0 start, so they have the history, and they really haven't played good teams and they looked awful week one against the Skins, it looked like neither team wanted to win that game

Texans play only like 5 games against potential playoff opponents the rest of the year. They have a a cake schedule so I don't see it being them. Gotta go with the Bills.

:yep:

The toughest remaining games for the Texans...

Week 6: vs. :Colts:

Week 7: @ :Steelers:

Week 9: vs. :Eagles:

Week 12: vs. :Bengals:

Week 15: @ :Colts:

Week 16: vs. :Ravens:

I really like that most of the games that I perceive to be tough are being played at home. Now I'm not saying this team will be 10-6. You guys all know that I am a very pessimistic fan. I just feel like on paper their schedule is less imposing than the other teams on this list. With that said, I voted for the Bills for reasons already stated in this thread.

Texans could be this year'a chiefs. It all adds up. Good pass rush, game manager QB, offense runs through the back, cakewalk schedule... the targets are better and the QB is worse but it's a comparable situation. They could end the year with a PO berth on an inflated record.

With some of the surprise 2-0 teams, and keeping in mind that the Texans (one of those surprise 2-0 teams) parlayed a 2-0 start into a 2-14 season I thought this would make for an interesting topic, I anticipate a few teams getting most, if not all, of the votes but I went ahead and included everyone, because if you want to say the Broncos are going to have a worse record than the Bills and Texans who am I to stop you? I'll add my thoughts later

I voted Bills because I am a Texans homer, but I think their simple formula will win them a few more games yet.

Btw, Texans will have a better record than Titans. :yep:

Texans could be this year'a chiefs. It all adds up. Good pass rush, game manager QB, offense runs through the back, cakewalk schedule... the targets are better and the QB is worse but it's a comparable situation. They could end the year with a PO berth on an inflated record.

Sounds about right. They are relying on Foster a bit much at the moment though - if he gets hurt, it's back to the drawing board for OB.

One point you didn't mention that is worth doing so with, is the much improved D.

Still a tad soft against the run, but still getting it done.

Watt is just magnificent.

Edited by Wattafan

Sounds about right. They are relying on Foster a bit much at the moment though - if he gets hurt, it's back to the drawing board for OB.

One point you didn't mention that is worth doing so with, is the much improved D.

Still a tad soft against the run, but still getting it done.

Watt is just magnificent.

Who is "Watt?"

• Upvote 1

Yeah, the Bills are one of those fan bases that truly deserves to see a little success. Really like their front seven on defense. They have a really good group of RB's, talented young WR. If EJ Manuel can step up and go from being a liability to a play maker, not even a franchise QB, but a play maker for them, the Bills could be dangerous. I don't see that happening though. EJ isn't gonna be the guy.

Btw, Texans will have a better record than Titans. :yep:

this looks like it could have the makings of a sig bet

this looks like it could have the makings of a sig bet

Sure.

If I'm right your sig will read "I made this thread to mock Texans" and link it. :)

Sig will remain up for a full month.

Edited by Wattafan

I chose the Texans, I don't feel like they are going to be able to sustain what they have over the course of the season as much as the other teams. At the same time I could also see the Bills starting out strong in the first 4-5 games and losing all but a couple of the rest like they've been known to do in some other recent seasons.

Sure.

If I'm right your sig will read "I made this thread to mock Texans" and link it. :)

Sig will remain up for a full month.

FTR, I didn't, but sure (okay, maybe a little, I definitely used the opportunity)

anyway, I like the idea of linking this thread, yours will read "I vastly underestimated the Titans" for one month starting at the end of the regular season