• Ben Roethlisberger, Le'Veon Bell, Antonio Brown
    • Tony Romo, Demarco Murray, Dez Bryant
    • Andy Dalton, Giovanni Bernard, A.J Green
    • Aaron Rodgers, Eddie Lacy, Jordy Nelson
    • Jay Cutler, Matte Forte, Brandon Marshall
    • Nick Foles, LeSean McCoy, Jeremy Maclin
    • Russell Wilson, Marshawn Lynch, Percy Harvin
    • Colin Kaepernick, Frank Gore, Michael Crabtree

For me, I had to go with the Big Ben, Bell, and Brown. That combination right now is just electric. Granted, there may be other tandems on this list that have accumulated more overall statistics, but these guys are the most entertaining to watch right now. I think they compliment each other the best right now and are the most primed for success with how balanced the combination of them are as to where some of the other tandems are lacking in one of those positions. They may have the stats but don't have the intangibles or consistency to warrant being better than these guys. It's a much more stable group. Le'Veon Bell is one of the most exciting RB's in the game to watch right now, Antonio Brown is proving to be in the upper echelon of elite receivers and Big Ben is still Ben.

Lions

Bengals

Bears

Cowboys

Steelers

Packers

Eagles

Seahawks

49ers

Romo, Murray, Bryant. All top ten at their positions.

Romo, Murray, Bryant. All top ten at their positions.

The same can be said about Ben/Bell/Brown, though you could actually argue those guys are all top 5 (Ben definitely is). Even better, Roethlisberger doesn't come with the INT concerns Romo does, and Bell doesn't come with the fumble concerns Murray does. Give me the Steeler trio. :yep:

Would Dallas have gotten any votes two months ago? Dez is definitely worthy but there's some O-line issues worth discussing here because no way is Murray better than McCoy like the small sample size we have this year is suggesting. Give all these teams the same O-line and I think Pittsburgh and Seattle are pretty much step for step for the top spot. Give every single team Dallas' O-line and I think you can make a case for just about every team other than San Fran, Cincy and Detroit.

If Leveon Bell has a monster year and stays healthy, then I think if you cast this poll in January they would be the runaway favorite. I voted Seattle but I think I should check myself and go Pittsburgh, because really Percy has never played 16. He's so far been healthy and shown durability, but we havn't had a brutal NFCW bloodbath yet.

Considered Dallas but Romo and Murray are unpredictable. Harvin is always injured. Cutler is eh but if it's Cut-Matt-Marsh-Alsh I'd take them. Had to go ARod & Co. Nelson is a monster and can catch anything. Lacy is a down hill guy with the power of a FB and the moves of a scatback. ARod is ARod.

Guest Phailadelphia

Steelers

Cowboys

Bengals

in that order

Would Dallas have gotten any votes two months ago? Dez is definitely worthy but there's some O-line issues worth discussing here because no way is Murray better than McCoy like the small sample size we have this year is suggesting. Give all these teams the same O-line and I think Pittsburgh and Seattle are pretty much step for step for the top spot. Give every single team Dallas' O-line and I think you can make a case for just about every team other than San Fran, Cincy and Detroit.

If Leveon Bell has a monster year and stays healthy, then I think if you cast this poll in January they would be the runaway favorite. I voted Seattle but I think I should check myself and go Pittsburgh, because really Percy has never played 16. He's so far been healthy and shown durability, but we havn't had a brutal NFCW bloodbath yet.

It's not like McCoy is light years better than Murray, dude. Murray's right there when hes' healthy. This fumble issue is an early season mirage.

Considered Dallas but Romo and Murray are unpredictable. Harvin is always injured. Cutler is eh but if it's Cut-Matt-Marsh-Alsh I'd take them. Had to go ARod & Co. Nelson is a monster and can catch anything. Lacy is a down hill guy with the power of a FB and the moves of a scatback. ARod is ARod.

Eddie Lacy has been playing horrible. He hasn't run for more then 43 yards in any of his 3 contest. He also got stuffed in the endzone for safety which wasn't a good look.

It's not like McCoy is light years better than Murray, dude. Murray's right there when hes' healthy. This fumble issue is an early season mirage.

I wouldn't say McCoy is light years ahead of Murray either because I've always said that Murry is a beast but just needs to stay healthy. However, I wouldn't call the fumbling a mirage. Putting the ball on the ground is putting the ball on the ground. He currently has a fumbling issue. It is what it is.

Lions

Bengals

Bears

Cowboys

Steelers

Packers

Eagles

Seahawks

49ers

Why you no vote?

Edited by Dutch

Voted Green Bay, considered Pittsburgh their only challengers.

Both Lacy and Bell need to stay healthy, though.

Watch out for Dallas and/or Philadelphia to take this crown if quarterback play improves and, in Philly's case, Jeremy Maclin stays healthy.

Maclin has been an absolute beast so far. I hope we're all noticing.

If we're going off of what we've seen so far this year it's without question the Steelers. Bell has so far been the best RB in the league with Brown being the #2 WR behind Calvin to this point. Ben as usual is at least a top-7 QB right now as well.

By the end of the season Cowboys could overtake the #1 option for best trio but right now I don't like at all how Romo is playing and Murray and Bryant are probably #2 and #3 best behind Bell and Brown 3 games in.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

For me, I had to go with the Big Ben, Bell, and Brown. That combination right now is just electric. Granted, there may be other tandems on this list that have accumulated more overall statistics, but these guys are the most entertaining to watch right now. I think they compliment each other the best right now and are the most primed for success with how balanced the combination of them are as to where some of the other tandems are lacking in one of those positions. They may have the stats but don't have the intangibles or consistency to warrant being better than these guys. It's a much more stable group. Le'Veon Bell is one of the most exciting RB's in the game to watch right now, Antonio Brown is proving to be in the upper echelon of elite receivers and Big Ben is still Ben.

Out of this particular group, it has to be Seahawks,

One notable omission is the Broncos.

Eddie Lacy has been playing horrible. He hasn't run for more then 43 yards in any of his 3 contest. He also got stuffed in the endzone for safety which wasn't a good look.

If we're talking current play at Week 4 in the season, I can completely understand why you'd say no Green Bay, but overall GB has to be in the talk. They haven't been dominant as of yet in the season, but they have the talent. All are easily top 15 when healthy, and ARod/Lacy are top 5. Nelson is the only question on that group (If Lacy is being standard Lacy) and even then he is one of the most consistent WRs in the league. The dude has insane awareness and hands, and overall raises the trio. If it were Cobb, I would probably go somewhere else with my vote.

• Upvote 1

If we're talking current play at Week 4 in the season, I can completely understand why you'd say no Green Bay, but overall GB has to be in the talk. They haven't been dominant as of yet in the season, but they have the talent. All are easily top 15 when healthy, and ARod/Lacy are top 5. Nelson is the only question on that group (If Lacy is being standard Lacy) and even then he is one of the most consistent WRs in the league. The dude has insane awareness and hands, and overall raises the trio. If it were Cobb, I would probably go somewhere else with my vote.

And the Bengals are another notable omission from the list - AD is a competent QB and has Green.

They have been a scoring machine so far.

Edited by Wattafan

And the Bengals are another notable omission from the list - AD is a competent QB and has Green.

They have been a scoring machine so far.

Gio isn't elite yet and Dalton is average-above average. Green keeps them in the discussion, but he can't carry the trio.

I agree about Aaron Rodgers and Jordy Nelson. Top players at their respective positions. However, Lacy isn't doing that well right now. You say standard Lacy, but what is standard Lacy? We only have one year to go off of and he's not playing like that right now. Albeit, the same can be said about Le'Veon Bell but the difference is as of right now, he's performing as one of the top RB's in the league.

On a side note, Dallas is definitely a good pick. The only reason why I didn't pick Dallas was because of Romo. I've said before Romo is one talented QB, but hurts you when it matters. However, if Dallas continues to rely on Murray rather than Romo and give that offense some balance, I think they could definitely take the top spot. Right now, I just have more faith in Big Ben.

• Upvote 1

There is no way Eddie Lacy is a top-5 RB in the NFL based on his body of work so far. No way.

Give me 5 better and I'll tell you why you're wrong.

I agree about Aaron Rodgers and Jordy Nelson. Top players at their respective positions. However, Lacy isn't doing that well right now. You say standard Lacy, but what is standard Lacy? We only have one year to go off of and he's not playing like that right now. Albeit, the same can be said about Le'Veon Bell but the difference is as of right now, he's performing as one of the top RB's in the league.

On a side note, Dallas is definitely a good pick. The only reason why I didn't pick Dallas was because of Romo. I've said before Romo is one talented QB, but hurts you when it matters. However, if Dallas continues to rely on Murray rather than Romo and give that offense some balance, I think they could definitely take the top spot. Right now, I just have more faith in Big Ben.

I would not be surprised by a pick of the Cowboys. Murray has been elite so far, but his issues are well-documented over the past couple of years. If he continues on his current pace though, I'd say it's Dallas without a doubt. Really unsure of that trio in comparison to the established trio of ARod-Lacy-Nelson.

Give me 5 better and I'll tell you why you're wrong.

I would not be surprised by a pick of the Cowboys. Murray has been elite so far, but his issues are well-documented over the past couple of years. If he continues on his current pace though, I'd say it's Dallas without a doubt. Really unsure of that trio in comparison to the established trio of ARod-Lacy-Nelson.

Well documented issues? Murray's only issue was his durability. He has always showed flashes of great capabilities.

As far as 5 backs better than Lacy:

Jamaal Charles, Matte Forte, Demarco Murray, Marshawn Lynch, Lesean McCoy, Adrian Peterson (if he ever plays again), Alfred Morris, Frank Gore. Oh wait, I was only suppose to name 5. Lacy has 1 good season under his belt and is currently struggling so it's hard to determine who he really is (See Doug Martin). So please, stop with the foolishness.

Don't know about Alfred being better. Big part of his game is the scheme he is in and amount of carries he gets. Frank Gore is not that good anymore. He is better than average but not that high up. Demarco Murray with his durability issues could rival Lacy but he has to prove healthy. Jamaal is easy. Matt is easy. LeSean is easy. Adrian is easy. I think if it came down to it Marshawn and Lacy would be vying for #5. Look at how much Lacy carried the Packers last year after A-Rod went down. Could easily argue for Marshawn though.

With Adrian out, Lacy is top 5. With him in, Lacy is fighting for #5.

In terms of this year, Lacy is not even top 10. However, the season is only a quarter finished and there is a long way to go for Lacy to prove he is a workhorse RB.

Don't know about Alfred being better. Big part of his game is the scheme he is in and amount of carries he gets. Frank Gore is not that good anymore. He is better than average but not that high up. Demarco Murray with his durability issues could rival Lacy but he has to prove healthy. Jamaal is easy. Matt is easy. LeSean is easy. Adrian is easy. I think if it came down to it Marshawn and Lacy would be vying for #5. Look at how much Lacy carried the Packers last year after A-Rod went down. Could easily argue for Marshawn though.

With Adrian out, Lacy is top 5. With him in, Lacy is fighting for #5.

In terms of this year, Lacy is not even top 10. However, the season is only a quarter finished and there is a long way to go for Lacy to prove he is a workhorse RB.

Demarco can rival Lacy? You're really talking like Lacy did something special. You're putting him on a higher pedestal then his resume warrants. He had a pretty solid season and that's it. As far as Alfred Morris, he creates a lot of his plays after contact breaking tackles. Scheme can't help him get those yards. That's him making plays. And Eddie Lacy vying with Marshawn Lynch? Chern, stop it. Lacy can't touch Lynch.

Edited by Dutch

First of all, how bad is the Packers run blocking? 3.0 isn't acceptable for any starter.

Great list. Just not sure about Zac Stacy and Mark Ingram.