• Ben Roethlisberger, Le'Veon Bell, Antonio Brown
    • Tony Romo, Demarco Murray, Dez Bryant
    • Andy Dalton, Giovanni Bernard, A.J Green
    • Aaron Rodgers, Eddie Lacy, Jordy Nelson
    • Jay Cutler, Matte Forte, Brandon Marshall
    • Nick Foles, LeSean McCoy, Jeremy Maclin
    • Russell Wilson, Marshawn Lynch, Percy Harvin
    • Colin Kaepernick, Frank Gore, Michael Crabtree

I voted Pitt mostly because of how dominant Bell and Brown have been, but Rivers/Mathews/Allen doesn't even warrant a nomination? That's cold.

There are a few teams that could make a case for a snub with the 49ers on the list. HELL, I'd take Smith, Bowe, and Charles over kap and co.

It kind of disgusts me to say this...

But I have to go with the trio in Dallas.

When you look at all the teams listed in that poll, there are only 2 clubs with 2/3 of their trio being ELITE players at their position.

Dallas, with Murray and Dez

and Chicago with Forte and Bmarsh

Pitt comes in third for me, I love Antonio Brown and Big Ben, but I don't buy into Bell just yet.

And as it currently stands...Forte is having a down year, where as... you look at what Murray and Dez are doing in Dallas this year and it's rather impressive to say the least. Both Murray and Dez are at the head of the pack as far as their positions go this year in statistics.

And in terms of value to their team...where are the Cowboys without Dez and Murray?

Take Forte away from the Bears this year and you have the same team for the most part because of how much of a down year he is having.

I think it's close, but Dallas wins

• Upvote 2

I'm with Cholly here. I really wanted to Pittsburgh, but it has to be Dallas. That group is so explosive. Dez and Murray are a threat to take to the house on any given play or they can grind it out against you. Maybe if The Steelers oline were better it'd be a different discussion but as it stands these three are the best.

As for Lacy, he's looked like absolute shit and imo judging by the Packer's games I've seen so far, Lacy has been pretty thoroughly outplayed by James Starks and they play behind the same line. Forget the numbers, forget the 3.0 ypc, he hasn't seeing the field well and he's looked slow because of it. Seems he has no explosion through the hole. LeVeon Bell has improved a lot from his rookie year and Lacy has clearly regressed imo. Maybe he can right the ship by the end of the year but he has to be one of the biggest dissappointments so far this year. I'm not just being a hater either, I was high on Lacy going into this year. He hasn't even looked like a top ten back in my eyes. If you give him credit based on last year he probably is but based off the first 4 games he's looked like a slightly better T-Rich.

Maybe if The Steelers oline were better it'd be a different discussion but as it stands these three are the best.

what the hell does the oline have to do with the ability of the QB, WR, and RB?

• Upvote 2

There are a few teams that could make a case for a snub with the 49ers on the list. HELL, I'd take Smith, Bowe, and Charles over kap and co.

I agree there's really no reason to include SF here.

I think another interesting group would be the one in Washington.

Rookie/Healthy RG3/Alfred Morris/Desean Jackson

Too bad RG3 is the Derrick Rose of the NFL... Washington could have a special offense, unfortunate that RG3 suffers the way he does in the injury department.

Who knows, maybe in time Kirk Cousins can step up his game. The potential is there, and Washington has the skill players to support him.

Reaching.

Not saying they would be #1, just saying... if we're gonna put the Eagles and 49ers trio up there, may as well name another team worth mentioning.

BC voting for Seattle is so ridiculous, yet typical of someone like him.

• Upvote 2

Yeah, no way Seattle is better than some of the other trios on this list. I don't think there's a real reason to justify them being better outside the faulty reasoning of them winning a Superbowl. If someone thinks they are, I'd like to hear why. However though, if Lacy continues to play like he did against the Vikings, it could justify them being in the discussion with the Cowboys and Steelers.

Edited by Dutch

I think another interesting group would be the one in Washington.

Rookie/Healthy RG3/Alfred Morris/Desean Jackson

Too bad RG3 is the Derrick Rose of the NFL... Washington could have a special offense, unfortunate that RG3 suffers the way he does in the injury department.

Who knows, maybe in time Kirk Cousins can step up his game. The potential is there, and Washington has the skill players to support him.

Take Jackson out and put Garcon in.

Yeah, no way Seattle is better than some of the other trios on this list. I don't think there's a real reason to justify them being better outside the faulty reasoning of them winning a Superbowl. If someone thinks they are, I'd like to hear why. However though, if Lacy continues to play like he did against the Vikings, it could justify them being in the discussion with the Cowboys and Steelers.

To be fair when you look at the Seahawks trio in general they are a lot closer to the top of the list than the bottom. I'd probably rank them at third of those listed. Lynch is a top 5 back, Wilson looks to be a top 10 QB and is a dual threat, and Harvin when healthy is deadly.

Edited by BJORN

To be fair when you look at the Seahawks trio in general they are a lot closer to the top of the list than the bottom. I'd probably rank them at third of those listed. Lynch is a top 5 back, Wilson looks to be a top 10 QB and is a dual threat, and Harvin when healthy is deadly.

I do agree. However, I think Harvin prevents them from being top in the discussion the most out of the three of them. Harvin is one of the most lethal players in the league. He's truly a X-factor. He is capable of taking it to the house on any given play anywhere on the field. We do know that. However, you brought up one of his issues and that's durability. Not only that though, it's his consistency. While he is dangerous, how often is he making those big plays? Is he consistently producing at a high level that some of the other receivers on this list are? The answer for that is simply no. That's not a knock on his capability because if he was in a pass happy offense or with a different QB, he may put up better numbers.

But the fact stands that he doesn't produce at the level that those other WR's do. There are 6 WR's on this list that are more productive and perform at a higher level than Harvin without a question; not even a debate. Harvin is staying healthy right now so we can't use that as an excuse why he isn't performing. If he were to be more consistent with the big plays or just making more plays in general, they could be closer to the top in my opinion. Harvin's production is rather erratic and unpredictable which takes them out of the top end conversation.

Guest Phailadelphia

I think this answer has changed through the first quarter of the season. At first I believe this could have been a toss-up in any direction, but now with the way Murray & Dez are dominating and how good Romo is starting to look now that he's finally get his legs and lungs back under him? Maybe this is homer-ish but I feel like they're sort of running away with this now.

If we're going off of what we've seen so far this year it's without question the Steelers. Bell has so far been the best RB in the league with Brown being the #2 WR behind Calvin to this point. Ben as usual is at least a top-7 QB right now as well.

By the end of the season Cowboys could overtake the #1 option for best trio but right now I don't like at all how Romo is playing and Murray and Bryant are probably #2 and #3 best behind Bell and Brown 3 games in.

If we are going off this year alone, Brown might be #2 but not behind Calvin. He's been playing and producing on a level superior to Calvin all year. Not saying that can't or won't change, btw.

Also, I would say Murray is already better than Bell -- again just from this season. Demarco has been my favorite back in the league to watch this year. Watching that guy run is just really exciting. His mix of power, speed, and vision are practically unrivaled. A healthy Jamaal Charles will be movin' on up as well, naturally as the season progresses.

Merely one man's opinion. :)

• Upvote 1

Seattle and Green Bay are the top two IMO. I'm probably leaning towards Green Bay.

Seattle over Pittsburgh? Really?

Ben > Wilson

Brown >> Harvin

Bell is at least = to Lynch.

Sorry, blots. Can't buy it.

Seattle over Pittsburgh? Really?

Ben > Wilson

Brown >> Harvin

Bell is at least = to Lynch.

Sorry, blots. Can't buy it.

I agree with Ben and Antonio being better than their respective counterparts....

But Lynch and Bell on different levels to say the least.

But yeah...Blots. I don't buy your Seattle theory either.

• Upvote 1

Bell is coming into his own now. Not only is he running the ball well, he is also a legitimate threat in the passing game. And Lynch is not.

I know it may be hard to believe, but Bell became one of the top backs in the league overnight.

Bell is coming into his own now. Not only is he running the ball well, he is also a legitimate threat in the passing game. And Lynch is not.

I know it may be hard to believe, but Bell became one of the top backs in the league overnight.

Le'Veon is playing like a premiere back in this league, but the other top end RB's got their stripes for toting the rock for an entire season and proving consistency. Bell can't be better than Lynch (an elite RB) in just 4 games; only a quarter of the season.

Edited by Dutch

Didn't say he was better. I said he's on equal footing with a guy like Lynch. But by the end of this season, I think plenty of people will be willing to take Bell over Lynch completely.

I still can't say he's on equal footing. The most he can do this early in the season is building a case. Potential wise, he probably can be better but it's too premature to even say he's on equal footing to a RB who's been carrying his offense for 3 years now. Four games isn't enough to equate or topple that.

I still can't say he's on equal footing. The most he can do this early in the season is building a case. Potential wise, he probably can be better but it's too premature to even say he's on equal footing to a RB who's been carrying his offense for 3 years now. Four games isn't enough to equate or topple that.

The Foles Effect :troll: