Tridentdawgpound

MLB Postseason Prediction/Discussion Thread

not sure how in the hell today's game wasn't on tv, but there's another game tomorrow :rock:

It was on MLB Network.

It was on MLB Network.

like I said, not on real tv

So. :wah:

• Upvote 1

Man the Cardinals are too good at home in the playoffs. Lackey was in a groove, the hitting was well timed... I can see this ending in 4.

I would love nothing more than to beat Kershaw YET AGAIN to clinch the series at home... Problem is, even if we do advance, I am not sure this hot streak will continue for much longer. I mean, everyone is playing and pitching out of their minds right now. To carry that onto another series, or even the WS may be a bit irrational. I mean, we couldn't hit HRs to save our life in the regular season. We never hit more than 5 of them in any series during the year, but we've already hit 6 through 3 games in the NLDS. Matt Carpenter, especially, is on a historic tear.... Being the first player in MLB history to hit a HR and a double in three straight postseason games.

Kershaw is pitching like an animal. 1 hit through 6.0 IP as of this post. Unreal.

Kershaw is pitching like an animal. 1 hit through 6.0 IP as of this post. Unreal.

Wonder if Dodger fans have the balls to call him out/criticize him.

Wonder if Dodger fans have the balls to call him out/criticize him.

After blowing two late inning leads I sure as hell would. One was bad enough, two is completely inexcusable, especially in an elimination game.

Just realized the contract he has. Yeah, he should take alot of heat. Baseball players are paid way too god damn much.

Kershaw seems to have the same problem in the playoffs overall that Verlander has in the World Series. Both have been awful to say the least, 1-4 with a 5.20 ERA and 0-3 with a 7.20 ERA respectively.

This is what gets me about baseball. All the power houses always tanking in the playoffs.

Could have been a +$200 night if the Giants weren't so shitty at offense... :mjtears:

giantspls_zps40a78e69.jpg

I wrote a poem about hating the Cardinals because fuck 'em:

The Infield Fly

It made me cry

And kinda wanna die

Even though I try

To move on it's hard

To no longer hate the stupid Cards

My soul remains in scattered shards

Happiness forever barred

They fill me up with lots of dread

Maybe they're just in my head

But when I see that Cardinal red

I want to stab a baby in the face with a screwdriver

• Upvote 2

10676360_10152752018186100_4966276554864

OOOOHHHH YOU FUCK!!! I was just gonna post some Peyton Manning in response to BC talking about how baseball powerhouses always get beat in the playoffs.lolol

Kershaw = Peyton Fleury

it is nice to see Hudson finally make it to the NLCS after so many years with that other NL East team that's prone to early postseason exits

ALCS: Royals over Orioles in 7

NLCS: Cardinals over Giants in 7

Edited by BigBen07

I know the old saying: "You can't win 'em all..." but what if you can? 1-0 in ALCS so far with more extra inning home run magic. This team is full of surprises, but in a good way. GO ROYALS!!!

I know the old saying: "You can't win 'em all..." but what if you can? 1-0 in ALCS so far with more extra inning home run magic. This team is full of surprises, but in a good way. GO ROYALS!!!

WHAT IF YOU CAN?!?!? This is the greatest thing I've ever seen in sports from a fan's perspective. I don't really believe it yet. It hasn't sunk in, but it will. When it does, I'm going to be insufferable during the WS games!

KC players be like: :sparta::defense::hitwithrock::gatlingun:

KC fans be like: :rockon::Banana::popcorn: :allhail: :towel: :beerchug2: :thumbup2: :beerchug:

KC's opponents be all needing: :tissue:

• Upvote 1