Sign in to follow this  
BwareDWare94

Your Team: The Overrated, Underrated, Enigmas and Trash

Evaluate your team from the coaching staff on down. Who's overrated? Who's underrated? Who are the enigmas? Who doesn't belong in the stadium?

Vikings:

Overrated: Cordarrelle Patterson. Don't get me wrong, he's all kinds of electric, but he's still very raw as a wide receiver and it shows in his lack of targets through 4 games. He's been completely neutralized from week 2 on and purple fans would be wise to pump the brakes on the praise. Kyle Rudolph. Similar to Patterson, but Rudolph has every tool at his disposal but still disappears for weeks at a time. You factor that in with his injury history and it makes you wonder if the Vikings should have tried to hold on to John Carlson.

Underrated: Matt Asiata. No, he's not a great back. Yes, he's going to struggle to top 100 yards most weeks. At the same time, the guy is an absolute freight train who gains yards, even it's just 2-3 on some plays. He's hard to tackle, hangs on to the damn football, and is all but a sure thing anywhere near the goal line. Vikings fans need to appreciate Asiata a bit and try not to clamor for the Jerrick McKinnon show too soon. Anthony Barr. Everybody expected struggles for the UCLA product, but so far he's been Minnesota's best linebacker in a fairly strong grouping that's flying under the rader. Barr is a ferocious tackler with his speed and size, and has proven to be better in coverage than the team could have hoped for. Josh Robinson. Robinson was a laughingstock last year, but most fans knew he simply isn't a slot corner. Robinson excels on the outside, with good physical ability and a fierce competitiveness that he wears on his sleeve. In his natural position, Robinson has been making plays for this Vikings team, and I think we're a few weeks from seeing him supplant Munnerlyn in the starting lineup. Mike Zimmer. At this site, we know how great Mike Zimmer is, but from the perspective of general NFL fans, it's hard to believe that this coaching hire wasn't praised, universally. Zimmer coaches a heck of a defense and gets the most out of what he has. Minnesota is still having its hiccups, but is playing at an elite level in spurts and I hope that's the direction this team is heading.

Enigmas: Matt Kalil. He's not as bad as overreactive Vikings fans might tell you. He pretty much neutralized Robert Quinn in week 1, then followed it up with two sub par performances. Yesterday, he was a beast all over again. It just goes to show that in today's NFL, very few tackles can dominate with a statue at quarterback. Bridgewater makes Kalil's job much easier. Xavier Rhodes. The kid shows elite corner potential, but is still getting burned from time to time. Most corners will, but it's hard to look past some of the plays he gives up. Nevertheless, he makes flash plays that showcase his size and physical ability. He knocked a deep ball away from Julio Jones yesterday, which turned out to be a big play that might have saved the game. Jarius Wright. I wanted to cut him after the first 3 games and give Adam Theilen and/or Rodney Smith more snaps at receiver, but week 4 comes around and he makes me look like an idiot for doubting him. I don't know if Bridgewater will continue to use him as effectively or if this is just a flash in the pan, but we'll find out on Thursday. Wright had a nice 50+ yard reception early in yesterday's game, but he should have been able to take it to the house. Seeing a Saints DB scream up behind him and tackle him around the 20 was disheartening. Not every Vikings WR can take it to the house with YAC, but there's no way Wright should have been caught on the play. I'll give him his due--he had a great game, yesterday, but there were still some red flags, out there. Robert Blanton. Perhaps he's just a young safety, but Blanton is a lot like Rhodes in that he looks good a lot of the time, then gets embarrassed by guys like Antone Smith for a long TD run. Blanton makes nice plays in pass defense, and is a good tackler. He gets lost from time to time back there, and was responsible for the Josh Hill touchdown, last week. I think he'll come around, but his bust plays often lead to touchdowns for the opposing team, and they can't keep happening at the rate that they are, now. Norv Turner. Yeah, I get it, he's an offensive "mastermind" but to score 16 total points against two defenses that have proven inconsistent over the first four weeks is baffling. I'd rather see some consistency, some more effort to getting the ball to Patterson in other ways. Too many Patterson decoy plays.

Trash: Charlie Johnson. I don't care if he revitalized his career at guard. I don't care if he's a veteran presence. Charlie Johnson is still a mediocre offensive lineman, at best, and is penalty prone. The Vikings need to look for an upgrade in the offseason or this line will fail to meet it's potential with Kalil and Sullivan as cornerstones. Sullivan's nearly 30 already. Let's put a good guard to his left. Captain Munnerlyn. Thanatos warned every team that signed secondary members coming over for the Panthers, but few could speculate that Munnerlyn is as bad as he is. First and foremost, he has to be the worst tackling corner I've seen not named Mike Jenkins, and he's too small to be dominant in pass defense, though he has some skills, in that department. He's scored quite a few defensive touchdowns, but has yet to force a turnover for the Vikings. To top it all off, he's as dumb as a rock. Check that, he IS the rock by which all stupid people are compared. I am not impressed with Captain at all, and hope to see him cut or moved down the depth chart, where he belongs. Jeff Locke. Look, I get it--some people viewed Chris Kluwe as a distraction because he stood up for what's right when he really should have only cared about FUTBARR!! but to cut him and draft a mediocre replacement is going to burn this team, in the long run. Locke is not even close to as proficient as Kluwe at pinning teams inside their twenty, and I've yet to see him blast a punt with great distance when this team needs it. I expect Locke to be out of the league in a few years, but I hope it's the Vikings that send him packing after (or in) this season. Get the hell out of the league, Jeff Locke.

Edited by BwareDWare94
  • Upvote 1

Chargers:

The Overrated: Ladarius Green has been slightly underwhelming given the expectations of a breakout year but this is still a bit of a stretch to label him as overrated. Think its more based on Antonio Gates still being awesome.

The Underrated: Dwight Freeney, he is too old right? He has really played well so far and leads the league in QB hurries according to PFF. King Dunlap has had a bad rap since playing for the Eagles but has been solid for us. Corey Liuget doesn't get enough attention for how good he is. Malcolm Floyd's general impact on our offense as a deep threat.

Enigma: Eddie Royal for me has been really good at times but had a really bad game against Arizona. He hasn't offered much as of yet on punt returns. Honestly, I wanted to put him as underrated. Shareece Wright also comes to mind. Think he has really done well in run support and has tackled well lately but he was beat against Arizona a few times (against Michael Floyd).

Trash: I think it would be a bit harsh to give this title to someone on SD at the moment. But if I had to choose it would probably be Donald Brown as he is only averaging 2 YPC and really hasn't offered much as of yet :puke: . Either of our guards Johnny Troutmann or Chad Rinehart could also be candidates.

Overrated: Jarvis Jones. Steelers fans and mainstream media outlets overrated the fuck out of him. He's trash.

Underrated: Lawrence Timmons. I still don't think he gets the credit he deserves.

Enigma: Markus Wheaton. You can tell the potential is there, but it's unclear at this time how high his ceiling might be.

Trash: Jarvis Jones. See above.

Overrated: Geno Atkins

Underrated: Reggie Nelson, Vincent Rey, Carlos Dunlap

Enigma: Andy Dalton

Trash: Clint Boling & Whoever we put at LG.

Overrated: Christine Michael. Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike Michael, I just feel that people act like Seattle could see the same amount of offensive success no matter which of our three tailbacks were utilized as our feature back, and that is not the case. Michael has big-play ability no doubt as he's shown the last two offseasons. But he is simply not durable enough to be anything more than a change of pace back. I really want Lynch to come back for a couple more years, because a backfield with Turbin and Michael would at times not be able to find room to run, as they cannot just plow over defenders like Marshawn does as second nature, and we would have more offensive showings like we did @ San Diego.

Underrated. Bobby Wagner. Having world beaters like Thomas III and Sherman make third year LB Wagner easy to overlook. Lead our D in tackles last year and is leading it this year. Had 14 against Denver. Bone-jarring hit forcing Monte Ball to fumble. He nullifies runningbacks and is a perfect play-reader. I will really, really miss this guy if he is not resigned. I fear that a needy team like Green Bay or Dallas might offer him a boatload & snatch him up. I would be very sad. KJ Wright, Brandon Mebane (still, yes) JR Sweezy, James Carpenter, Riccardo Lockette.

Enigma. Russell Okung. His worst game ever had to have been the San Diego game. He never really dominates pass rushers like Walter Jones did, but at least at home, he typically does a solid job of occupying defenders for at least a few seconds. NFCW games seem to really give him headaches. Wilson and Lynch often bail this guy out because punking defenders is what they do for a living, and do very, very well. However he needs to get better at staying healthy and fix his inconsistencies.

Trash. Bruce Irvin. This is not the scheme for Bruce. Total bonehead late-hit out of bounds penalty on Phillip Rivers which extended a late scoring drive in the 4th quarter. He was a healthy scratch vs Denver, I think more as a punishment that anything else. His contract is up after this year, and he was already on thin, thin ice after failing to provide an adequate replacement for Chris Clemons when we took him in the first round of the '11 draft. Kick rocks.

Edited by BC

Overrated: Andy Levitre. Started off poorly last year, got better as the year went on and was a solid guard to end the season. Started off this year very, VERY poorly but has improved as the year's went on again. Despite that there's rumors that Lewan might be replacing him at LG. I doubt it happens this week given he had his best game of the year Sunday, but it's something to watch for. Hopefully it's just been him shaking off the rust due to the time he missed with the surgery and he'll be fine going forward.

Underrated: Jurrell Casey. Yes, this beast of a man is still underrated. People know who he is, but they still don't know how incredible he is. Doesn't matter where you line him up, doesn't matter what the scheme is, he just gets shit done. One of the best defensive players in football.

Enigma: Jake Locker. Will the real Jake Locker please stand up? He's not as bad as he was against Dallas in the first half or in the Cinci game, nor am I sure he's as good as he was against Kansas City, but at this point I'd settle for something in the middle. This year is it for Jake. If he wants to be a starting QB, he needs to start producing, starting Sunday against what should be a favorable matchup against the Browns. Get it done, Jake, or hit the road.

Trash: Blidi Wreh-Wilson. He's talented, but he's a fucking idiot and has gotten worse as the year's went on. Horton needs to look in to benching him and correcting these stupid penalties he's responsible for and work on his technique.

• Upvote 1

The Overrated: Alterraun Verner

Seems to be either very good or dogshit. No middle ground from him this season.

The Underrated: Demar Doston

Never gets the respect he deserves, may be because he is a RT. But he is probably our best OL men and has been for a few years now.

Enigma: Vincent Jackson, disappears for portions of the game and drops the ball in spurts.

Trash: EDS

eds.gif

Need I say more?

Overrated: Mike Pettine. So far he's just a bald Pat Shurmur.

Underrated: Buster Skrine. Probably our best corner this season.

Enigma: Rookie backs. Are you actually good or do you secretly suck?

Trash: Billy Cundiff. Deserves the death penalty.

Overrated: Trent Cole. He's gone from criminally underrated to horribly inconsistent.

Underrated: Malcolm Jenkins. I felt he was overrated in New Orleans, but he's having a career year.

Enigma: Nick Foles. Some weeks he's stellar, others he's very bad. Needs to find a consistent groove.

Trash: Nate Allen. GTFO.

Overrated: Paul Posluszny. Made the Pro Bowl last year as an alternate because he made one good interception of Peyton Manning, and a ton of tackles 4-6 yards past the LoS. He's just okay as a whole, and a liability in coverage. He still over pursues run plays and attacks the wrong gaps leading to big runs. He's also the highest paid Jaguars player which makes absolutely no sense. Cecil Shorts. He's a really solid WR, runs good routes, and is a pro's pro. But much like Victor Cruz he's inconsistent with his hands and has always had problems with drops. Since he was the only WR worth a shit for most of his time on the roster he got a ton of targets so it goes somewhat unnoticed until you see him at the top of the "drops" stat on PFF or other sites. I haven't even mentioned his problem staying healthy (which I don't even factor much into when calling him overrated.) Zane Beadles. I'm sure most of y'all know he's pretty meh. But I remember after the Jags signed him a good number of people were applauding the signing (waaaay too much money) from ESPN/NFLN, to message boards etc. Now that the Jags have Bowanko and Sam Young (soon to be Pasztor when healthy) starting, he's actually the Jags' worst offensive lineman, yet the richest. Most Broncos fans know how meh he is, but for some reason popular thought is that he's decent/good. :nope:

Underrated: Sen'Derrick Marks. He's the Jags' best pass rusher and despite the Jags defense being last in the league in points allowed, and probably yards allowed they're second in sacks — for the most part thanks to this man and his interior pressure. He can be overpowered in run defense when double teamed or facing a really strong G/C but he's a 3-tech and their main job is to penetrate and he's good at what he does. Austin Pasztor. Came into the league as a guard, but has done damn good as a RT after being forced in the lineup last year. He actually held his own and on some plays even dominated J.J. Watt last year. Yes, J.J. Watt (part of the reason the Jags swept the Texans last year as bad as the Jags were.) He broke his hand in the 2nd preseason game and might play his first game this season next week and it'll be interesting to see if the Jags can run the ball better with him back. In my opinion he's the Jags best offensive lineman. Ryan Davis. He's tied with Marks for second on the team in sacks right now. This guy was an UDFA, and yet he's probably the Jags' 2nd best pass rusher after Marks. The only problem is he's not really a DE or a DT. So he's only a situational player on obvious passing downs where he plays inside as a DT and he's instant disruption. If the Jags ever become good ( :() and can consistently put up leads on teams, we're really gonna see him shine because he'll get more playing time.

Enigma: Andre Branch. Somehow this guy leads the Jags in sacks, and is tied for 4th in the NFL in sacks with names like Justin Houston, Muhammad Wilkerson, Carlos Dunlap, Michael Bennett and Justin Smith. But he's not even that good. He's pretty much a joke when trying to come off the edge. Though there was one or two occasions this year where he legitimately had a good rush outside which was shocking. He seems to do well when they run stunts and he's really good at cleaning up after his teammates create pressure. But I have no idea what to make of him because technically he is improving yet I'm still not sold. Luke Joeckel. He hasn't been bad, but he hasn't been good either. He's still a "catcher" and he doesn't anchor well, which means he's susceptible to power rushers. He can get pushed around. In the run game he's pretty mediocre, and has missed a lot of blocks when on the move on toss plays. Yet he's decent against the speed edge rushers. He's a finesse LT right now and maybe if he continues to bulk up and somehow learns how to anchor he can improve to make the 2nd overall pick worthwhile but I'm not very confident he will.

Trash: Any Jaguars FS. Well... Winston Guy just got cut for being trash, but I'm not convinced Josh Evans is any good either. In fact I don't know if the Jags even have a real FS on their roster and it's by far the biggest hole on the defense right now. The Cover 3 scheme, as well as Cover 1 which the Jags use a lot is really dependent on good FS play and thus you can see why guys are running wide open versus the Jags right now leading to them being the worst defense in the league. If Evans continues to struggle I guess they can try Sherrod Martin but s259ROm.png?1

Edited by CampinWithGoatSampson

Overrated: Charles Johnson. The "King" has completely vanished without Hardy to take double teams.

Underrated: Thomas Davis. For all the accolades Luke has gotten, Davis had arguably the better year last year.

Enigma: Josh Norman and Amini Silatolu. Josh has all the physical tools and shows them sometimes. And then sometimes, lol. He looks like a complete fool.

Silatolu seems sometimes like he could be one hell of a guard. Injury concerns are there, and a real factor in him being an enigma, but he also has complete trash performances to go with his amazing ones.

Trash: Byron Bell and Nate Chandler. No real offense to Chandler, who was a defensive tackle two years ago. But he utterly sucks at RT.

Bell is just as bad, and he's the LT, so that's even worse. Gettleman refusing to protect his franchise QB and his constant insistence on "the answer is on the roster" is just mind-boggling.

Edited by Thanatos19

Overrated: I feel as if I have pounded this drum so much that he isn't really THAT overrated anymore, but... AJ Hawk has to be up there. Dude is a pretty shit ILB and mediocre is his ceiling. It's early in the season, so he may break out of the pattern, but Sam Shields has been.... Not great since signing his mega deal, go figure. He's been getting abused and on a pretty regular basis. He's giving up roughly 60 yards and a TD per game, which is not good enough for a guy being paid that much.

Underrated: Davon House is a CB that has really come on in the last year or so. He's had some tough assignments and come out pretty clean. Consistently steps up to the challenge and doesn't really get the recognition he deserves. Mike Daniels had gotten a little love in the offseason as he has become more of a vocal leader for our defense, but his play has backed up his new role. Fundamentally sound, high motor guy and maybe the only guy on our defense that can stop the run.

Enigma: This is kind of a weird category for me, but I think I would throw Bryan Bulaga out there a little. Has injury problems, but when healthy he is one of the best RT the league has to offer. I would say he is enigmatic, because he played LT at Iowa and has the skill set to do it in the NFL, but has never been given the chance. Randall Cobb might fit here as well, but not because of anything he does or doesn't do.Cobb could be one of the most dangerous and explosive players in the league, however... Our offense hasn't really let him grow completely into that role. You did see him with a few nice run plays last year... but he hasn't filled that void much this season and is being stuffed into a fairly traditional slot WR role so far, which is really disappointing.

Trash: Unfortunately, I think Morgan Burnett is pretty trash. There was one point when he was featured next to Nick Collins where he looked like the next guy to step up and be a huge playmaker for us. He was young and developing nicely and somewhere... It just all went wrong. He not only plateaued and stopped developing, but actually regressed. He can't tackle, he can't play in space, he can't cover... And we owe him too much money. I firmly believe we would be better off without him. I wish him the best and hope he can improve, but it should be with another team. The other player would be Brad Jones. The Packers got into a really unfortunate bidding war with the Titans for the services of Jones in FA a couple years back now and unfortunately, we 'won'. Jones is an even worse ILB than Hawk.. he lacks the size and skill set to even be mediocre... he's overpaid and there are MULTIPLE guys on the bench that are better than him. He's been hurt and Jamari Lattimore has filled his spot admirably in his absence. I don't wish injury on anyone, but I hope Jones' pains linger perpetually. Lattimore belongs on the field, Jones does not.

Air provided a good list, but I'm gonna add a couple:

Underrated: Delanie Walker - I think he's on the way up in stature/recognition based on his recent performances, but with as bad as everyone around him is playing I think it's hard for him to get as much credit as he should

I'm also going to throw George Wilson in here, he ended up in a really tough spot last season when he was signed to start at SS next to Griffin after starting in Buffalo for only to be pushed back quickly with the signing of Bernard Pollard, all he's done since is everything the coaches have asked, including anchor the special teams and contribute wherever he can on defense, he even spent a lot of time Sunday playing as an inside linebacker, just the consummate professional who flies under the radar because of his role on the team

Enigma: Justin Hunter - the guy looks amazing at times, and he has all the tools to be an elite WR, but he disappears for stretches, I guess it comes with the territory as a second year WR, but I'd love to see some consistency there

:Packers:

Overrated: Clay Matthews, a great OLB when healthy but he hardly is. He has made few impact plays this season thus far as well. We finally got a good OLB across from him and he still seems to be neutralized at times. The O-line. It's hard to single out a single player on the o-line but so far the o-line has been horrible. Coming into the season, this o-line was expected to be the best in a while even with Tretter going down. Lacy has nowhere to go and outside of the game against a weak Bears' D-line, Rodgers has been running for his life.

Underrated: Tramon Williams, coming into a contract season he has covered really well so far. He is still missing in run support but QBs/WRs have struggled against him so far. His deflection leading to an int by Matthews was a big game changer for us last week. Julius Peppers, most thought he was too old and wouldn't help much but he has provided a good passrush for us opposite of Matthews while playing the run better than he did in his later seasons in Chicago.

Enigma: Randell Cobb, he has been Rodgers' go to target in the redzone but through the first 3 weeks of the season, he did not make much an impact. He voiced his displeasure in his performance after the Lions game and ended up having a great game against the Bears. Datone Jones, struggled with injuries last season and didn't have an impact and was expected to improve this season. Watching him play, there are times where he is nonexistent. Then he flashes his potential and makes a good play.

Trash: Brad Jones, horrible LB that never makes an impact. Gets pushed around in the running game and cannot cover at all. Green Bay and Thompson made a huge mistake giving him a big contract 2 offseasons ago.

Edited by Packers Dynasty 2010

The line is more enigmatic, IMO... Aaron being sacked 10 times is very misleading, IMO... A lot of those are Aaron's fault, to be honest. The pass blocking has been pretty damn good... Bulaga + Sitton are very good. Linsley has been solid. Bakhtiari has been solid in pass pro as well. Lang is... meh. The run blocking though has been non-existent though, admittedly.

Also, Datone Jones disappears when he is asked to stop the run. Dude has a small frame and just gets pushed around. He can make the occasional play when rushing the passer though.

For what Sam Shields is being asked to do, he has played quite well. He is usually by himself against the best opposing WR. He has allowed catches and is not a shutdown corner but the way this defensive scheme is and the talented WRs he has faced, I wouldn't say he is overrated. Watching him fight off Jeffery and Marshall and attack that ball impressed quite a bit, a lot of those back-shoulder or turnaround throws would be completed against other corners. Still cannot tackle though.

QBs have a rating of 122 throwing into Sam's coverage... That's just not very good. He gets beat, fairly often, and usually for medium gains and touchdowns. He needs to play better... A lot better.

Is that from PFF? Watching him, he does allow some easy passes but I can only think of 2 TDs he has allowed. He got burnt on a double move by Decker which was bad and the TD he allowed to Jefferey when he was in motion and got caught staring in the backfield. Watching him he seemed to hold his own quite well against 3 great WRs in Calvin Johnson, Marshall, and Jefferey. Bennett seemed to have more success against him than others.

Overrated: Peyton Manning. You know what this is. He's still got the great football mind, but his arm strength is completely gone. Chad Pennnigton has more zip on his throws than Peyton does now. It's gonna bite us in the ass against tough secondaries like Seattle and San Diego.

Underrated: Chris Harris. Largely goes unnoticed, but he's really showing what a capable CB he is. Combined with Aqib Talib shutting down fools and Bradley Roby slightly overachieving, we actually seem to be doing well in the back end. Malik the Freak Jackson. He's been good at getting pressure on the QB, and he seems to have improved his game on the run as well. Whether that's the Von Miller effect or not, I still think it bodes well for our defense.

Enigmas: Our Offensive Line. I can't tell whether they are bad or good, but I can tell you they are neither consistently. Ryan Clady doesn't look the same, Louis Vasquez doesn't look the same, and Orlando Franklin has adjusted to Guard rather nicely. Very confusing.

Trash: Sylvester Williams. Still invisible. Derek Wolfe. Still only a minor impact on our line.

Guest Phailadelphia

Overrated: I really don't know. The only truly elite players the Cowboys have are Dez, DeMarco, and Romo. And no one overrates those guys much.

Underrated: Sterling Moore. He's looked like a stud of a DB in what little playing time he's received. Like, REALLY good. And yet the Cowboys won't play him over Claiborne and the media sure isn't talking about him.

Enigma: Doug Free. He's a monster one week, and the next is turrible. Although he is consistently a mauling beast in the run game. And with Escobar being a good run blocking TE, the Cowboys can run to either side of the formation with Smith and Witten holding down the left side or just straight up the middle.

Trash: Morris Claiborne. No need to explain much here. He got picked on by a 3rd-string QB in week 2 and every other team is always looking for him.

Tyron Smith isnt an elite player, Phail? Not that he's overrated either.

• Upvote 1

Overrated: Dashon Goldson. One of the highest paid safeties in the league and he doesn't really do anything good. He's poor in coverage and is not a consistent tackler. With the NFL changing and not allowing all of the big hits, Goldson is pretty worthless now. EDS had one good season in Green Bay and for some reason people thought he was one of the better Center's in the league. I never understood why Bucs fans were so excited about this exciting and still don't. He's been garbage for the most part.

Underrated: Demar Dotson. One of the better RT's in the NFL, but doesn't get much credit, probably because he's been surrounded by bad players on the line. McCoy and David were underrated, but I think they are getting the respect they deserve now.

Enigma: Michael Johnson. He was no where to be seen throughout the pre-season and in the first few games, but blew up against the Steelers with 2 sacks, a FF and very solid play against the run. Really hope he can be more consistent cause if he can, him and McCoy will wreck havoc for opposing o-lines. Doug Martin sometimes looks really good and other times just runs right into the line. Yes, the line has not been the greatest, but other RB's are having more success running behind it. He's been a lot more bad than good lately and I was even considering putting him in the overrated column, but even this year he's shown some good flashes so I'll wait on that.

Trash: Josh McCown. He was good in that 5 or 6 game stretch with the Bears last year, but went back to his old self this year. Some of the decisions he made were just awful and mistakes that NFL QB's do not make. Luckily, he isn't playing anymore because he got hurt, and Glennon has taken over and looked better (for at least 1 game).

:Chargers:

Overrated: I think Kendall Reyes has developed a reputation as a dangerous, athletic interior defensive lineman. He has moments where he looks that way, but in general he's underwhelming and pretty bad in the running game.

Underrated: King Dunlap is a quality starting tackle. His run blocking is way above average for a guy on the left side, and his protection is more than adequate. I'd also include Eddie Royal in this category. He's rarely been 100% healthy since his rookie season, but he's super dangerous when he is. Important part of our offense.

Enigmas: Through three games, Donald Butler was not playing well. He picked things up this last week, but it's been a weird start to the season for a guy who has been consistently above average over the course of his career.

Trash: The entire interior offensive line has sucked hard. Rinehart, Ohrnberger, and Troutman have all been terrible. I can't even get a read on our backs because they don't have a chance.

Guest Phailadelphia

Tyron Smith isnt an elite player, Phail? Not that he's overrated either.

Oh he is. That one flew right over my head. He might be the best player on the roster.