Sign in to follow this  
CampinWithaMissingPerson

Obligatory Justin Blackmon update

Suspended WR Justin Blackmon is currently enrolled in a voluntary 90-day treatment facility.

Jaguars coach Gus Bradley made the revelation at his Wednesday press conference. Blackmon is reportedly about halfway through the program, and Bradley made it sound like Blackmon is doing well. Although Blackmon is technically eligible to apply for NFL reinstatement on November 1 (Week 9), he seems like an extreme long shot to play this season. Either way, it's good to know Blackmon appears to be on the right track. Still only 24 years old, Blackmon is worth keeping stashed in Dynasty leagues. -Rotoworld

Seems like maybe the kid has finally quit the denial crap and has sought after help. Good for him.

...and then there's this...

https://twitter.com/TJSnell/status/517512291966021633

Apparently he was AT the Jags/Chargers game to watch the team that still holds his rights. Maybe after he noticed the factory of sadness that was the Jags' QB situation suddenly has promise he's now missing football instead of getting blazed in a Chrysler 300 without a license.

I'm not expecting this dude to ever play for us again, but if the kid miraculously gets his act together and is able to come back? His addition to the WR core would make the upside very interesting. If the Jags could ever field a competent OL that is. :troll:

Per Rotoworld.com:

Suspended WR Justin Blackmon recently completed a drug-rehabilitation program.
Blackmon revealed that fact to a judge in Edmond, Ok. on Thursday, where he was pleading no contest to misdemeanor marijuana possession. The charge will be dropped to misdemeanor disorderly conduct if Blackmon "does not commit any crimes in the next six months." He's tentatively trending toward reinstatement in 2015. Nov 20 - 2:29 PM
  • Upvote 1

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7402/justin-blackmon

FOX Sports' Alex Marvez reports "lots of folks" inside the NFL are "optimistic" suspended WR Justin Blackmon will return to the Jaguars in 2015.

Just as Josh Gordon's Dynasty league owners get the worst news possible, Blackmon's get a ray of hope. The Jaguars hope to have an update on Blackmon's progress before May's draft, at which point they can begin planning for the 2015 season. Blackmon remains "suspended indefinitely," with no concrete date for potential reinstatement. At Jaguars GM Dave Caldwell's season-ending presser this past December, he said he'd "heard some good things" about Blackmon's recovery from substance abuse. Blackmon turned 25 two weeks ago. His return would be a huge boost for beleaguered Blake Bortles.

:yes:

I thought Blackmon would last longer than Dez would two years ago. If the Jags do part ways I hope Jerry is giving him a call :)

• Upvote 1

Suspended WR Justin Blackmon pleaded no contest to a misdemeanor marijuana possession charge on November 20.

The charge will be reduced to misdemeanor disorderly conduct if Blackmon commits no crimes six months after November 20. According to beat writer Michael DiRocco, the Jaguars need Blackmon to apply for reinstatement "within the next five weeks." From the date Blackmon fills out the application, Roger Goodell would have 60 days to decide whether to reinstate him to the NFL.
Source: ESPN.com

Posted by Darin Gantt on February 20, 2015, 4:23 PM EST

The Jaguars could use all the help they can get on offense.

And if you listen to them, there’s a sense former first-rounder Justin Blackmon might be able to.

Jaguars General Manager Dave Caldwell said on Friday’s PFT Live that he’s encouraged by the reports he’s getting on the wide receiver, who is eligible to apply for reinstatement after his latest substance abuse suspension.

“It’s currently in the league’s hands and it’s in Justin’s hands, to be honest with you,” Caldwell said. “The reports I’ve gotten second-hand is that he’s doing the right things and engaging in the program and he’s really trying to make positive strides in his life. Our thoughts are with him.

“We’ll welcome him back if he does all the right things and hopefully the league shows some urgency in trying to focus on him and he shows some urgency in trying to do the right things. Right now, those reports are positive.”

Owner Shad Khan made similar statements recently, so it’s clear the Jaguars are willing to work with him.

His suspension was indefinite, and until he applies for reinstatement it could be a moot point. But the fact team officials are openly lobbying for his return can’t hurt. Blackmon hasn’t played since 2013, so it’s hard to expect anything on the field, but if he’s getting his life turned around, the football might be a secondary concern.

Source: ProFootballTalk

Edited by BLUE

According to multiple reports, suspended Jaguars WR Justin Blackmon did apply for reinstatement to the NFL this offseason, but was denied by the league.

The Associated Press' Mark Long reported Blackmon's reinstatement attempt was denied, and the report has been "confirmed" by Mike Dempsey of 1010 XL in Jacksonville. The "feeling" is reportedly that Blackmon failed another drug test, though Dempsey suggests Blackmon also may have missed a test, which counts as a failed test in the NFL's eyes. Either way, we're not optimistic that Blackmon will be returning to the field anytime soon.

http://deadspin.com/justin-blackmon-arrested-for-dui-1749106722

Justin Blackmon Arrested for DUI

pte4mqksevgemyaeezog.jpg

Jaguars wide receiver Justin Blackmon, who is currently serving an indefinite suspension for violating the leagues substance abuse policy multiple times, was arrested for DUI at 4:45 a.m. on Dec. 19 in Ardmore, Okla.

Blackmon, who was arrested for DUI in 2012 and marijuana possession in 2014, hasnt stepped on an NFL field since 2013. Earlier this year, Jaguars GM Dave Caldwell said that he thought Blackmons career was likely over.

2mqj6fa.jpg

• Upvote 1

...but Greg Hardy, Adrian Peterson, and Terrell Suggs get to suit up every Sunday barring injury.

Welcome to the NFL, where you can pour bleach all over your girlfriend and drag her behind a car, where you can hit a 4 year old child with an inanimate object until he's covered in lacerations and bruises, and where you can be all but surely guilty of one of the most brutal assaults on a woman in league history (yes, I've reversed course on Greg Hardy--he should be in a prison), but you can't smoke a little weed or be an alcoholic.

with an inanimate object

I mean of all things to hit him with I'd rather it not be living.

...but Greg Hardy, Adrian Peterson, and Terrell Suggs get to suit up every Sunday barring injury.

Welcome to the NFL, where you can pour bleach all over your girlfriend and drag her behind a car, where you can hit a 4 year old child with an inanimate object until he's covered in lacerations and bruises, and where you can be all but surely guilty of one of the most brutal assaults on a woman in league history (yes, I've reversed course on Greg Hardy--he should be in a prison), but you can't smoke a little weed or be an alcoholic.

I completely get what you're saying, and I agree with you to a degree, but I can't make myself have any sympathy for Blackmon, this is a simple case of repeatedly doing something your employer has explicitly told you not to even after getting disciplined, I think the better argument to be made here is that Hardy, Peterson, and Suggs shouldn't be playing, not that Blackmon should be playing

I personally think guys like Blackmon and Gordon should be kept in the public eye so we know they're entering treatment facilities. This whole shunning them thing that the NFL does is completely wrong.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7402/justin-blackmon

TMZ.com reports suspended Jaguars WR Justin Blackmon pleaded guilty to driving under the influence on Wednesday.

He was arrested last December. TMZ reports Blackmon is now facing prison time and will be sentenced in June. Suspended indefinitely by the NFL, Blackmon is believed to have given up any hope of returning to the league, letting his body go and unable to kick his addiction. Blackmon turned 26 in January.