BigBen07

2014-15 NHL Season Thread

Big loss for the Sabres. Got us some nice breathing room on Edmonton.

Third time's a charm in taking down Nashville.

Semyon Aleksandrovich Varlamov!

Can't believe how well the boys played in front of him as well. 60-minute effort.

I don't care how big the goalies' equipment is, when you're taking a shot like Ovechkin took [Wednesday], it's going to go in.

— Former player Mike Bossy on Capitals' Alex Ovechkin being the fifth player in NHL history to score 30-plus goals in 10 straight seasons.

Love him or hate him there's no denying he's one of the greatest snipers this game has seen.

I don't care how big the goalies' equipment is, when you're taking a shot like Ovechkin took [Wednesday], it's going to go in.

— Former player Mike Bossy on Capitals' Alex Ovechkin being the fifth player in NHL history to score 30-plus goals in 10 straight seasons.

Love him or hate him there's no denying he's one of the greatest snipers this game has seen.

He's only 5 seasons away from tying Mike Gartner's and Jagr's record of 15.

Gretzky only scored 16 goals in 45 games during the 92-93 season. :ooo:

Gretzky only scored 16 goals in 45 games during the 92-93 season. :ooo:

Injuries :yep: and yet the NHL ensured he got to the Cup Final.

Injuries :yep: and yet the NHL ensured he got to the Cup Final.

Not listening to your conspiracy crap. :p

Yea not Ovechkins greatest fan, but you can't deny how great a sniper he is. I honestly can see him breaking that record as well as he seems to stay fairly healthy.

Hoping the Blackhawks can find some consistency again soon. Got the terribad Wild tonight so here's hoping that this starts a streak.

a lot has to go right for him to get that record, but he's already in pretty good company

cropped_OvechkinMilestone.JPG?ts=1422815

he's also now #1 in franchise history in multi-goal games, another franchise scoring record to his name

Big game in big D. Lets get it.

Hoping the Blackhawks can find some consistency again soon. Got the terribad Wild tonight so here's hoping that this starts a streak.

Nope, instead we get shutout for the second straight game.....

Comeback kids are back. Last 4 games we were down and managed to tie the game with under two minutes to earn at least a point.

Damn impressive comeback by the Avs to put it lightly, such a resilient team. Another final-minute goal to get it to OT and a very exciting finish. Huge 2 points and clutch SO goals by Briere and Landeskog to keep them alive until Talbot netted the GW'er,

Comeback kids are back. Last 4 games we were down and managed to tie the game with under two minutes to earn at least a point.

Damn impressive comeback by the Avs to put it lightly, such a resilient team. Another final-minute goal to get it to OT and a very exciting finish. Huge 2 points and clutch SO goals by Briere and Landeskog to keep them alive until Talbot netted the GW'er,

Almost went to that game. Instead I'm going to watch the Avs play the Stars on the 27th. Hopefully it's another good matchup. My friend and I are kicking ourselves over picking the later game in the series. :laugh:

Calgary is doing well again... =O

We're doing pretty good since the All-Star break but it won't last. Devils aren't going to keep collecting points getting out-shot every game...

Almost went to that game. Instead I'm going to watch the Avs play the Stars on the 27th. Hopefully it's another good matchup. My friend and I are kicking ourselves over picking the later game in the series. :laugh:

Damn.

Calgary is doing well again... =O

West is gonna be fun right down to the end for those wild card spots.

4th meeting between Chicago and Winnipeg. Hope it turns out like the last three ones (Jets win)

Want 4 goals tomorrow. Or a W. Fuck Minny. Lets go :towel:

urrrrrgh every season I just can't stop looking at the Flames. I originally followed them after the Stanley Cup lose too Chicago. Even though he left I still am drawn in every season.

Time to admit I'm still in love with the Flames

Edited by Bangy

Elias with his 400th goal last night. He's always been one of my favorites so happy to see him get that.

Got Montreal tonight. Probably gonna lose :mjtears:

Jets are just killing the Avs :(

Blues have been outscored 11-3 the last 2 losses. Ouch.

Zero points when they needed them the most. Great work. Blame goes to the offense. Wake the fuck up. Varly was back-to-back last night. Alot of the goals weren't even his fault.