BigBen07

2014-15 NHL Season Thread

That's right that Scrivens performance against the Sharks.

Bangy shook.

That's right that Scrivens performance against the Sharks.

Bangy shook.

When a Goalie plays that well it is hard to be mad, I had said that Varlamov had been playing well this year and it was the defense that was letting him down and he proved it again as that performance was unreal.

Though that said I was worried about going behind early, it seems to be a trend with the Blackhawks right now and they just couldn't stage a come back. Still not sure about Saad's disallowed goal, to me that could of been allowed as Varlamov didn't have 100% control of the puck but ah well.

That was for real one of the finest sporting performances I've ever seen, hockey or otherwise. :yao: but NHL.com still gives Varly the second star of the week cus Backes had a 4 goal game. Fuck Backes.

Pens need to beat the Bruins tonight. Not because we been shit and need to play better, but to do our part to keep the Bruins out of the playoffs.

• Upvote 1

Devils won two consecutive games in a row...

tumblr_myhxslPqx81qhgnweo1_500.gif

Oh, and Varlamov was a god last night. 54 saves in a shutout win. o_O

Edited by Maverick
  • Upvote 2

When a Goalie plays that well it is hard to be mad, I had said that Varlamov had been playing well this year and it was the defense that was letting him down and he proved it again as that performance was unreal.

Though that said I was worried about going behind early, it seems to be a trend with the Blackhawks right now and they just couldn't stage a come back. Still not sure about Saad's disallowed goal, to me that could of been allowed as Varlamov didn't have 100% control of the puck but ah well.

:smug:

:smug:

Lol the level of smugness is real.

Lol the level of smugness is real.

Avalanche are 7 points from a playoff spot, in the West it's a steeper climb. When's the last time the Hawks missed the playoffs. Gotta be like 2008, right? Point, you guys have stability, we don't.

64347-Sad-Face-Kitty.jpg

did not do our part to keep the Bruins out of the playoffs. :sigh:

2-4-2 in our last 8 games :panic:

Beau Bennet is back at least :shifty:

Edited by theMileHighGuy

Avalanche are 7 points from a playoff spot, in the West it's a steeper climb. When's the last time the Hawks missed the playoffs. Gotta be like 2008, right? Point, you guys have stability, we don't.

2007 was the last year they didn't make it. It wasn't a dig either though the smugness made he laugh. Hell if my goalie pulled off 54 id be fucking bouncing. I see the Avs making the playoffs tbh.

Well, great job Leafs. Fire your coach, promptly lose 6-2 in the first game following that. Randy sure was the problem :dry::disgust:

I really feel bad for Leafs fans. They support the team no matter what and have to put up with uncaring ownership. Just totally disgusting.

Jets vs. Yotes tonight. Hopefully they can get past that loss to S.J. and get another W.

2007 was the last year they didn't make it. It wasn't a dig either though the smugness made he laugh. Hell if my goalie pulled off 54 id be fucking bouncing. I see the Avs making the playoffs tbh.

2007-2008 season. It was a virtuoso performance. West is so tough, just don't know. Trade deadline should be fun and potentially sad.

Mike Yeo yelling at his players was funny. http://www.cbc.ca/m/sports/hockey/nhl/wild-coach-mike-yeo-rips-players-in-profanity-filled-tirade-1.2893366

Edited by Bay

We will see bro, you have the offense, goali and experience to make it. Trade deadline is going to be very interesting.

:ooo: Stars on Saturday, then a 5-game road trip. This could make or break us.

So after learning how to score first again against the Wild I would expect to have the same again tonight.

Also for a big man Bickells topshelf shot last night was sweet.

In others news 18-year-old defenseman Aaron Ekblad is impressive.

B67-dvACcAAMNV_.png

In others news 18-year-old defenseman Aaron Ekblad is impressive.
B67-dvACcAAMNV_.png

That's a good clip for a defenseman in this day. Looks like he's on pace for around 50-55?

Yeah about 50.

Matt Cooke is a joke, what else is new.

proxy.jpg?t=HBgtaHR0cDovL3N0YXRpYy5vdy5s

Edited by Bay

What a dipshit Cooke is. You're just asking for it by doing that.

Good for Weber.

Edited by BigBen07

Lol if you are going to cross check someone in the face off all places, Shea Weber is not one of the guys you do it to.

Cooke got rekt and deserved it.

Cool to see Aaron Ekblad doing wel. I saw him score his first NHL goal!

...against the Flyers. :coffee:

Edited by SteVo

Wild last in the Central. I'm dead.

Islanders are in first in the Metro! Good for them! Been a long time since they've been winning. I blame Milbury's epic idiocy on that.

Speaking of... Metropolitan is the dumbest division name ever :yao:

Edited by BigBen07

Islanders have a Superstar, getting great tending and D. Good combo for success. Those trades they made for Boychuk and Leddy were huge.

Islanders have a Superstar, getting great tending and D. Good combo for success. Those trades they made for Boychuk and Leddy were huge.

Definitely. I can see them making noise in the playoffs.

Teemu Selanne getting his number retired by the Ducks tonight. Great honor! :)