BigBen07

2014-15 NHL Season Thread

Victor Hedman is looking like a Norris Trophy candidate. Really broke out last season.

About ten miles from me, this is happening:

SUNRISE, Fla. -- A half hour before the Florida Panthers' home opener this past weekend, there were people waiting outside the arena to buy tickets.

A total of 11 people, to be precise.

The Panthers haven't won any of their first three games and have not been successful at the box office yet this season. Their announced crowd of 7,311 on Monday night was not only a franchise all-time worst, smashing the previous low of 10,063, it was also the smallest attendance figure for an NHL game in almost three years.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/11700444/florida-panthers-seeing-dismal-crowds-start-season

Edited by SteVo

Florida and Arizona need to move, everyone else is fine. Seeing all the empty seats lazt night on the telecast was depressing.

Move the Panthers out west so we can end this stupid fucking unbalanced conference bullshit.

Duchene!

would have liked the win of course, but after falling behind 3-0 in the first I'll take the shootout loss, great to see the team fight back, I haven't seen the Caps do that for a while

Shit, to OT.

Thing a beauty from Kessel in OT

3-0 baby, 82-0 is imminent.

Cammalleri signing looking real good so far. Also loving the way are defense is shaping up. Severson, Merill, and Gelinas are all really young and I haven't given up on Larsson yet either. Devils defense is going to be really fun to watch the next 10 or so years if we can keep these guys around.

• Upvote 1

3-0 baby, 82-0 is imminent.

Cammalleri signing looking real good so far. Also loving the way are defense is shaping up. Severson, Merill, and Gelinas are all really young and I haven't given up on Larsson yet either. Devils defense is going to be really fun to watch the next 10 or so years if we can keep these guys around.

Too bad..the Devils are going to lose their next game!

Edited by BJORN

Thing a beauty from Kessel in OT

Made everyone look silly on that. To Ottawa... we go.

Jonas Hiller was a God last night. 49 saves in that OT win!

Patrik Elias is approaching some major milestones.

Elias is just six goals away from 400, eight assists shy of 600, and 14 points away from 1,000. He was asked which one would mean the most to him and while he didn't have a clear favorite, he did mention that reaching 400 goals would be special given that he never really viewed himself as more of a playmaker than a goal scorer. He's already the Devils' all-time leader in goals, assists, and points.

The Winnipeg Jets have killed off all 14 opposition power plays three games into the season.

The Jets also have a shorthanded goal, but they have yet to score on the power play. Winnipeg has had just nine opportunities with the man advantage, including two chances apiece on Saturday and Sunday.

Varlamov IR. :mjtears: Jawnny Mitch back at least.

Edited by Bay

Berra knocked out. Down to our 3rd goalie.

Florida and Arizona need to move, everyone else is fine. Seeing all the empty seats lazt night on the telecast was depressing.

Move the Panthers out west so we can end this stupid fucking unbalanced conference bullshit.

You'll see two new teams come in before that happens, if it ever does.

Avs suck, lol

Gonna get murdered by MTL.

Caps had a couple of sick snipes tonight :clap:

I know it's really early, but the Caps have looked better than they've looked in years, I don't know what Trotz has done but I approve