BigBen07

2014-15 NHL Season Thread

Devils are absolutely putrid when it comes to playing with the lead. Up 4-1 on Detroit and end up losing.

If the Avs lose to Anders Lindback tonight @ the Pepsi Center...

Habs can lose to Avs too. Yes?

Vinny Lecavalier is a healthy scratch tonight. Did you ever think you'd see the day?

Jean Beliveau died at 83 years old. R.I.P. legend of the game.

• Upvote 1

:tissue:

His story is pretty insane. Won't play professionally so the Canadiennes buy his whole league :lol: Was almost a pro baseball player :yep:

--

Fleury went god-like again, getting another shutout... so next game he will allow 5 :sigh:

DeBoer: "If one of our guys did that to Crosby it would have been World War 4"

Hope Jagr is ok.

5-10 years ago Bortuzzo would be a hero for a hit like that. No different than football. Didn't have to hit him that high though. You chase in with your head down and you're gonna get lit up, that's one of the first things you learn. I don't think it was malicious at all, he's no Matt Cooke.

5-10 years ago Bortuzzo would be a hero for a hit like that. No different than football. Didn't have to hit him that high though. You chase in with your head down and you're gonna get lit up, that's one of the first things you learn. I don't think it was malicious at all, he's no Matt Cooke.

Yes the big thing is he got him high. Almost looked like an elbow. He also bitched out of a fight literally seconds before that.

Edited by JetsFan4Life

Fleury went god-like again, getting another shutout... so next game he will allow 5 :sigh:

God-Mode Fleury is never a good sign for the next game :nope::smug:

Speaking of God-Mode, Antti Raanta filling in for Crawford basically shut the door on the Blues (40-41 for a .976 save%) tonight who were coming in pretty hot impressively winning 7 or their last 11 on the road even though the Hawks had won 7 of their last 11 home games. The only goal was on a delayed penalty where the Blues rushed an extra skater on the ice and it even looked like a Hawks player deflected the puck to the corner before Berglund fed Cole who put it in the top right corner of the net. So I'm not sure if play should've been stopped to assess the penalty since it appeared Seabrook player touched the puck, but that's all the offense St. Louis could muster throughout the entire game.

Kinda excited to see Marty play...

Saw a lot of highlights. He was one of the biggest players in size at the time, so he was difficult to cover. (He'd be average size in today's NHL) Just an amazing talent, and very classy.

R.I.P. Jean.

Edited by BigBen07
  • Upvote 1

Loving the fight that the Flames have this year, another game where we looked like we could be beat and they come back and win. The talent levels of the guys coming through are high as well.

That said Varlemov played ridiculously well and that Tanguay goal is amazing.

Varlamov played like shit to be honest. First game since Nov. 15th so he gets a pass.

I'm not so sure the tip in front he had no chance in saving, he pulled off some good saves often. He needs support from his defensemen though that's for sure.

I'm not so sure the tip in front he had no chance in saving, he pulled off some good saves often. He needs support from his defensemen though that's for sure.

True there was some god awful turnovers. Avs D is very bleh lol.

Varlamov played like shit to be honest. First game since Nov. 15th so he gets a pass.

Eddie lack (?) hadn't played since the 20th and shut us out :yao:

The Canucks' D is actually pretty good, and of course Crosby missed a couple opportunities and an absurdly open net.

Canucks D is pretty good and you guys were hurting. That wide open net miss... was bad.

Cory Schneider just robbed the Hurricanes.Flat out stole that game. Damn.

Crosby has been awfully quiet lately.

so apparently Kevin Klein of the New York Rangers took a high stick in the first period that opened up his ear, thirteen stitches later he was back on the ice and got the OT game winner over Pittsburgh, damn