seanbrock

5 Favorite Players Not On Your Team

Vick knew how to win games. Period.

In the playoffs, in the season. We could count on him if necessary. We put the game on Ryan with EVERYTHING around him and he still chokes.

Vick was electric, he could create plays where there were none, and ultimately played on some shit teams and still made the most of it.

Expect Ryan has a way better win %.

And Vick was awful in the playoffs.

Antonio Brown

Justin Houston

Chandler Jones

Muhammad Wilkerson

Arthur Jones

Had to throw one out to the Jones' brothers. My cousin went to school with Arthur at Maine Endwell. Cool family too. I enjoy watching to see what their going to do, I've never met them personally, but I have met Jon "Bones" Jones, who still actually owns a home around here. Favorite pub, "Stu's Place" lol. Dude can drink!

In the playoffs, in the season. We could count on him if necessary. We put the game on Ryan with EVERYTHING around him and he still chokes.

Vick was electric, he could create plays where there were none, and ultimately played on some shit teams and still made the most of it.

With this post, I've instantly come to the conclusion that either one, you are drunk... Or two, you're an absolute raging idiot to think Vick was better than Ryan.

Vick knew how to win games? Vick didn't even know the damn playbook and he admitted that. The only thing that kept Vick from the doghouse (harrrr) and the bench was the fact that he was a high draft pick and he could run. The latter probably mostly due to the fact he spent most his life running from thugs and police officers. He sucked as a quarterback.

Edited by Rain Man
  • Upvote 2

1. DeMarcus Ware. :Broncos: Who would have guessed, right?

2. Marshawn Lynch. :Seahawks: Fantastic player to watch who rarely loses yards.

3. Thomas Davis. :panthers: 3 surgeries doesn't often equate to underrated stud who might be better than his running mate who everybody loves.

4. Tyrann Mathieu. :Cardinals: Playmaker!

5. Fred Jackson. :Bills: He's been the best back in Buffalo for years and yet he always gets talked about like the second stringer. Annoys me.

1. DeMarcus Ware. :Broncos: Who would have guessed, right?

2. Marshawn Lynch. :Seahawks: Fantastic player to watch who rarely loses yards.

3. Thomas Davis. :panthers: 3 surgeries doesn't often equate to underrated stud who might be better than his running mate who everybody loves.

4. Tyrann Mathieu. :Cardinals: Playmaker!

5. Fred Jackson. :Bills: He's been the best back in Buffalo for years and yet he always gets talked about like the second stringer. Annoys me.

Technically, Fred Jackson is the 2nd stringer. I never really understood that though either. I feel like the Bills keep Spiller atop the depth because of his big play potential, and more so because they are stuck on him. They know he can make huge plays, but man, sometimes he is just painful to watch. Jackson has been a model of consistency.

So I did a little digging into Vick vs. Ryan to see what the actual winning % was of the two players in games they actually started (going by seasons doesn't actually work because Vick misses a lot of starts).

So Vick, who was not the starter for 25 games (started 71 out of 96 possible) over his six seasons with the Falcons, led the Falcons to victory in 55% of the games that he started. So he did indeed win more games than he lost when he was able to go, but he also missed over a quarter of those games so you have to weigh that.

Ryan, who has only missed two games as a starter over his six seasons with the Falcons (94 of out 96 possible), has led the Falcons to victory in 64% of the games that he's started. So he wins more often when he's the starter, and he has missed way fewer games than Vick. The % difference would mean 8 more wins for Ryan over a 96 game (6 season) sample. When you consider that he has started 24% more often than Vick, that higher win % has an even bigger impact-- twenty-one more victories for Ryan over a 6 season sample.

I don't know if this is enough to combat the "Vick knew how to win games, period" argument, but it's my best shot.

You guys better learn how to read a troll comment...

.... because ATL hit you guys with a big one. :troll:

In no order.

:Broncos: TJ Ward

:Falcons: Joplo Bartu

:Browns: Jabaal Sheard

:Eagles: Jason Kelce

:Titans: Kendall Wright

Just to name a few

Edited by Chernobyl426

In no specific order...

:Eagles: Darren Sproles

:Patriots: Tom Brady

:panthers: Cam Newton

:Seahawks: Earl Thomas

:dolphins: Cameron Wake

• Upvote 1

#1 is Peyton Manning. Will go down as one of the best ever. Aaron Rodgers and Andrew Luck are also fabulous QB's. One also has to admire Russell Wilson here.

#2 is probably Rob Gronkowski. One of the best ever at his position.

#3 Wes Welker. For such a little guy plays with tremendous heart and is very skillful = a great player.

#4 Darelle Revis. Great at his position and does the job without histrionics.

#5 Marshawn Lynch. Bulldozing RB and so hard to bring down.

Honorable mention for Tom Brady and Patrick Willis. And Jason Witten.

Edited by Wattafan

JJ Watt

Cam Newton

Alshon Jefferey

RGIII

Can't think of anyone else...

Brandon Marshall? :troll:

Forgot to add

:Ravens: Terrell Suggs

:49ers: Stevie Johnson

:Bengals: Gio

:Cowboys: Rolando McClain

In no order.

:Broncos: TJ Ward

:Falcons: Joplo Bartu

:Browns: Jabaal Sheard

:Eagles: Jason Kelce

:Titans: Kendall Wright

Just to name a few

Why bartu?

Antonio Brown

Adrian Peterson

Jimmy Graham

Robert Quinn

Vontaze Burfict

Haha wow. These days I'm not all too enamored with Robert Quinn, and while I like Jimmy he's certainly not the dream player I used to think of him as.

1. Antonio Brown

2. Jordy Nelson

3. Rob Gronkowski

4. Khalil Mack

5. Ben Roethlisberger

Rodgers

Watt

Antonio Brown

Bobby Wagner

Thomas Davis because how can you not love Thomas Davis?

Julio Jones

Landon Collins

Rob Gronkowski

Von Miller

Khalil Mack

JJ Watt

Melvin Gordon

Earl Thomas III

Eric Berry

Jay Cutler, dude always finds a way to help the Packers win :troll:

Edited by Packers Dynasty 2010
  • Upvote 1

:yao:

member? :mjlaugh:

Edited by seanbrock

Cool topic idea. Wish I commented a few years ago so I could compare lists. :p I can't really put any of these guys above the other, so here's a top 5 in alphabetical order.

Tom Brady - Self-explanatory.

Larry Fitzgerald - Still an awesome receiver, and he represents a level of class and loyalty that is all-too rare in today's NFL.

Julio Jones - His athleticism is just remarkable. Those Super Bowl catches were insane.

LeSean McCoy - Always loved watching this guy juke defenders. Miss you, Shady. :(

Aaron Rodgers - Self-explanatory.

Edited by SteVo