seanbrock

5 Favorite Players ON Your Team

1. LeSean McCoy- He's an absolute pleasure to watch. He shoots his mouth off from time to time, but I admire his faith in himself and his drive to be the best at what he does. It's a big part of what makes him so good in the first place and honestly a little gamesmanship makes the games more fun. A lot of times watching this guy play feels like you're watching a video game.

2. Jason Kelce- Unheralded player because he plays an unheralded position but he's probably one of the most fun offensive linemen to watch in the game because of how good he is at making blocks in the open field on screens and pulls. One of the most athletic Centers in the league. On top of all that he's just a cool dude and interacts with fans. He was at the wing bowl this year and actually competed. Gotta love Jason Kelce. Hope he gets back on the field soon

3. Vinny Curry- He grew up a huge Eagles fan and if that wasn't enough he's one of the biggest play makers on this defense and along with Brandon Graham, probably the best pass rusher on the team. He's also a real team player. Since he was drafted he's been screwed out of playing time and forced to change positions but the guy just puts his head down, listens to his coaches and puts in work and you can tell. He put on the weight he needed to to play in the 3-4 alignment and done everything he's supposed to.

4. Trent Cole- Always have loved Trent. He's a blue collar type player and he's been a team leader for a long time now. He's playing out of scheme, but he seems to getting use to playing in the 3-4 defense. He's been way more effective this year. He'll always be one of my favorite Eagles. He's a scrapper and he hates the Giants as much as all of us fans do

5. Evan Mathis- Another blue collar guy who fits this city perfectly. Mathis is a guy who the Eagles pulled off the Bengals scrap heap of all teams (back when the Bengals were horrible) to become the best in the league at his position. He could have held out this offseason for more money but he didn't and was rewarded with a new deal. He's been nothing but an asset to this team in every way ever since he got here.

• Upvote 1

Brian Hoyer

Ben Tate

Andrew Hawkins

Phil Taylor

Joe Thomas

Brian Hoyer

Ben Tate

Andrew Hawkins

Phil Taylor

Joe Thomas

Didn't know the Eagles traded for 5 shitty Browns players.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Vontaze Burfict

Reggie Nelson

Carlos Dunlap

Giovani Bernard

Jermaine Gresham

Luke Kuechly

Thomas Davis

Cam Newton

Kelvin Benjamin

Star Lotulelei

This list sucks, because half of them are fucking injured, so I'll do two lists.

1. Eric Berry—Dude is an absolute stud. He adds another trick to his bag every year, but he needs to get back onto the field.

2. Tamba Hali—I know, I know. Justin Houston is better, right? Wrong. Hali is the motor that runs that pass rush, and he's a stand-up guy to boot. Pure class mixed with an uncontrollable passion for killing quarterbacks. How do you not love that?

3. Derrick Johnson—Even though he's out for the season, I can't help but put him up there. He's just flat out great. The guy can literally do everything you would ever ask in ILB to do and then some, and his goal line stuffs are becoming KC legend.

4. Jamaal Charles—Obvious picks are obvious. Not even going into this one.

5. Dwayne Bowe—Anymore it seems like he's just flashes of his old self, but look at the user name. The guy is one of my favorite all-time Chiefs. He's on every list. He's still got talent, too. I begrudgingly put some of his recent stumbles on Alex.

Now for my favorite "up-and-comers" so to speak. Guys who are actually all out there on Sundays and have a lot of promise.

1. Knile Davis—Wonders never cease. As bad as the Chiefs have been at getting quality QBs over the course of the last 15 years or so, that's how good they've been at getting absolute monsters in the backfield. Davis is just the next in line.

2. Travis Kelce—Gronk part 2? Maybe not quite that bad ass, but the kid is legit. He's as athletic as just about any TE in the game, he has great hands, and he seems to really have a nose for the end zone. What's not to like?

3. Husain Abdula—He's WAY under the radar, but the kid is legit good at what he does. He's an opportunistic guy who's more than adequate in coverage. He's scrappy, he's old, but he's new to me, so he's on the list.

4. Dontari Poe—Dude finally broke out last season, and at 24, the sky is the limit for this mountain of a man.

5. Junior Hemmingway—He doesn't get a lot of play, but he seems to impact the game when he does. He's one of those guys that I just find myself rooting for. Everything about his history screams out of the league in a couple of years, but there's something undeniable about him when he gets on the field.

Vontaze Burfict

Reggie Nelson

Carlos Dunlap

Giovani Bernard

Jermaine Gresham

Your list has a severe lack of A.J Green.

1. Rob Gronkowski

2. Vince Wilfork

3. Jerod Mayo

4. Rob Ninkovich

5a. Chandler Jones

5b. Dont'a Hightower

1. Aaron Rodgers- obvious answer

2. Jordy Nelson- I'm more of an offensive fan and I love seeing a hardworking guy become a great WR.

3. Mike Daniels- Very vocal player but is a becoming a great d-lineman and is a key cog for the defense.

4. Clay Matthews- Is a gamechanger when healthy and is entertaining to watch. Wish he could stay healthy.

5. Randall Cobb- Reliable slot WR that is under-used in my opinion. Want to see him stay in Green Bay

1. Antonio Brown

2. Lawrence Timmons

3. Heath Miller

4. Ike Taylor

5. Le'Veon Bell

HM: Troy Polamalu. Still gotta show love for the Troy.

1. Earl Thomas

2. Russell Wilson

3. Richard Sherman

4. Kam Chancellor

5. Beast

Your list has a severe lack of A.J Green.

Andy drags him down.

Didn't know the Eagles traded for 5 shitty Browns players.

Joe Thomas

:no:

1. Michael Roos (out for the year, likely done as a Titan :( )

2. Jurrell Casey

3. Jason McCourty

4. Chance Warmack

5. Bernard Pollard (out for the year :( )

1. Frank Gore

2. Patrick Willis

3. Eric Reid

4. Vernon Davis

5. Justin Smith/NaVorro Bowman

• Upvote 1

Andy drags him down.

And he's still a top WR in the league.

1. Antonio Brown

2. Lawrence Timmons

3. Heath Miller

4. Ike Taylor

5. Le'Veon Bell

HM: Troy Polamalu. Still gotta show love for the Troy.

It seems weird to see a Steeler list and not see Troy in the top 5. He played some amazing football for you guys. Elite play that will get him into Canton one day. And the way he played the game with such a ferocity and amazing unique instincts makes him a very likeable player.

:Broncos:

1) Von Miller

2) Danny Trevathan

3) Ryan Clady

4) Terrance Knighton

5) Chris Harris Jr.

5b) Demaryius Thomas

• Upvote 1

^ That's what I'm talkin bout. Defensive superstars > offensive superstars. Love Trevathan at 2. Chris Harris is kinda meh. Clady over Julius & Demaryius?

1. Chad Greenway. Small town dude who made it big in the league and has led the Vikings in tackles for years. Supremely underrated player who would have been more well-known in other uniforms. Glad he's a Viking.

2. Josh Robinson. This kid is pure effort at he cornerback position. He plays with his heart on his sleeve and puts every last ounce of effort he has into coverage. He's the kind of player you want at the cornerback position.

3. Cordarrelle Patterson. Can't fault a freak athlete who understands that he's a work in progress and refuses to be a diva.

4. Matt Asiata. Fans keep saying that Minnesota doesn't have a running game with Asiata toting the rock. I firmly disagree. One thing that Asiata does that AP has never done is very very rarely get stopped for negative yardage. Adrian could bust for 30+ on any given down, but would balance that out with quite a few negative rushes in each game. Matt Asiata constantly moves the offense in the right direction. I love that I very rarely see 2nd and 12+ for the Vikings anymore, barring a penalty. Asiata is by no means a stud running back, but he's very very solid and his style is conducive to successful offense. Plus, he's practically a lock near the goal line.

5. Xavier Rhodes/Harrison Smith. Both of these cats are turning into elite secondary players.

Edited by BwareDWare94

:Eagles:

1. Jason Peters - Peters has been an amazing addition to our team since he came to us in 2009. He has been a great player for us. A big strong and athletic anchor on our offensive line and is still playing at high level. Watching an athletic force like him make plays straight bulldozing guys in the running and screen game and holding his ground in the passing game has been a great privilege.

2. LeSean McCoy - I'm not a fan of his interviews or really when he talks at all but he has been simply electric to watch. Watching him with his Barry Sanders-esque type moves has been very entertaining juking guys out of their shoes. He hasn't done good this year but hopefully things pick up.

3. Evan Mathis - He has been an absolute stud for our offensive line and has been the best guard in the league for a couple of seasons now. He's been extremely underrated and has flown under the radar. He also has one of the coolest and outgoing personalities on the team. I can't wait until he returns from injury.

4. Trent Cole - Trent is the longest tenured Eagle on the team and has provided some good memories for me. He's had a couple of disappointing seasons but I couldn't keep him off the list due to appreciating all that he's done for our club. However, this season, he is making some great plays making a big impact on our defense making key plays in the game forcing fumbles.

5. Vinny Curry and Brandon Boykin - I really could not split it between these two guys. Both young and very talented players who I think will make a good impact in this league. Vinny Curry has been a force considering his limited snaps and he has been a stand up guy about his role in our organization. He's starting to see more playing time and I'm definitely happy about that. Also, Boykin has tremendous talent and has made a lot of big plays for us. I truly would like to see him play on the outside sometimes because he is our best corner.

Honorable Mention

Jeremy Maclin - Maclin is a solid receiver but his demeanor is what I like about him the most. He truly has a humble attitude and is all about the team rather than himself.

Connor Barwin - He is insanely overlooked and has been an integral part of our defense. He's an all around linebacker; our jack of trades guy. He can sack the QB, great at batting passes and he is just plain good at this assignment. He's pretty average in coverage but in the run game, he knows his gap assignments and knows how to contain the edge which helps other guys make plays. He's also getting the opportunity to rush the passer more this year it looks like so hopefully he can get the sack numbers he did in Houston that one year. Very underrated and under appreciated.

Edited by Dutch
  • Upvote 1