Cherry

Draft Breakdown 2015 draft

Benardrick McKinney

Middle Linebacker

MississippiState_logo.gif

- Big-bodied. Always stuffs the hole he goes for, and is nearly unbeatable when you try to plow through him.

- Great at driving players into the ground and falling on a tackle that is already in progress. When he is cleaning up, he is great.

- Good blitzer. Consistently gets to the QB if he comes up the gut on a blitz. Takes a good lineman to block him when he lines up as a 3-4 OLB. Great edge rush and first step.

- Lacks any ability at all to play coverage. Cannot hang unless you throw him 15 yards down the field and ask him to mop up.

- No sideline-to-sideline ability. Cannot seal a corner to save his life.

- Lacks the speed to run down an opponent. If you are parallel to him you will win any race.

- Bad tackling angles on the outside.

- Slings himself past the tackle at times. Will grab over or to the side center mass. Results in missed tackles.

- Struggles to make a tackle in open space 1-on-1. Misses 90% of the time.

- May need to lose weight to be a 3-down MLB. According to announcer is 6'5" 260. He doesn't look 6'5" but he surely looks 260.

- Adjustable to scheme, but very limited skill set. As I said can play 3-4 OLB or 4-3 MLB. Nothing else. His skill set will not allow for it.

- Goal line glue. Brick wall in the gaps.

Grade: Early-Mid 2nd if as a 4-3 MLB in the right playcalling. Late 2nd-Early 3rd as a 3-4 OLB in the right playcalling. 5th if asked to do anything other than 4-3 MLB or 3-4 OLB.

I haven't began my scouting yet.. DOn't like him as a 3-4 inside backer, eh? Some loser on ESPN had the Packers taking a TE, and I was all like no way jose.

Don't like him as a 3-4 inside backer, eh?

That's an understatement. While 3-4 inside linebackers can do a mixture of things, they are usually expected to hold their own in pass coverage due to the tendency of the outside linebackers to blitz. McKinney doesn't have the slightest idea of pass coverage and open field tackling. Probably the best 3-4 inside linebacker guy I've scouted so far would be Eric Kendricks. He's stable enough in pass coverage but he presents an element of athleticism that most other LBs don't. Perryman is my favorite of course, but Kendricks would be best for that scheme. Perryman seems more like a traditional 4-3 MLB with the ability to play all 3 downs.

Draft section is going crazy. Everyone going rouge with their threads :yep:

I don't know of this TGP mega draft...but I'm down :panic:

Good. We needed a Bears fan to pick Mariota when he falls :smug:

• Upvote 1

Good. We needed a Bears fan to pick Mariota when he falls :smug:

Cherns pls

The more I watch the more I think this draft is really thin :sigh:

Edited by butta55

any thoughts on Tre McBride? I'm a huge fan having watched him at W&M but I'm interested to hear an unbiased opinion

Out of 7 rounds only 9 safeties were taken in last year's draft.

And this year's safety class is worse :yao:

• Upvote 2

Holliman only has level 3 ball skills? IMO dude showed some very impressive ability with it, and could judge incredibly well where to be and when to go for the pick. Was rarely just luck that he got picks.

Good to see someone else really likes Stephone Anthony. I have him as a first rounder right now, and I feel like I'm the only one who sees that as even remotely good place to pick him.

Holliman only has level 3 ball skills? IMO dude showed some very impressive ability with it, and could judge incredibly well where to be and when to go for the pick. Was rarely just luck that he got picks.

Good to see someone else really likes Stephone Anthony. I have him as a first rounder right now, and I feel like I'm the only one who sees that as even remotely good place to pick him.

I feel the exact opposite about Holliman. Majority of the interceptions I saw were lucky. QB throwing a horrible pass right to him. He locates the ball decently, but displayed no explosion to make plays on the ball or great hands. So just an average grade in regards to his ball skills.

Anthony isn't a first round pick to me. I like him and everything but his value is def rounds 2-3.

any thoughts on Tre McBride? I'm a huge fan having watched him at W&M but I'm interested to hear an unbiased opinion

I definitely like him. He might the best at high pointing the ball of all the wideouts in this draft, the kid can go up there and get it in any and all awkward body positions. Size obviously is an issue, but he plays big IMO so he'll be fine.

• Upvote 1

I definitely like him. He might the best at high pointing the ball of all the wideouts in this draft, the kid can go up there and get it in any and all awkward body positions. Size obviously is an issue, but he plays big IMO so he'll be fine.

thanks, that's about what I'd say, but it's nice to hear it from someone else

One of the reasons I fell in love with Odell Beckham last year was his wide catch radius/ability to go up and get it and make contested catches in traffic. This kid's got the same gift, obviously going against worse competition and he's not as fast either but when a guy can win the ball that way, he's something you need out of a WR to succeed in the NFL.

Darby will go in the first round. BOOK IT.

Meh, I doubt it. Late first round if anything.

Wouldn't be shocked from a talent standpoint, but from a value standpoint I don't see many teams doing it.

Edited by butta55

If you are looking for OL depth to watch. Check out the two tackles from Oklahoma.