Cherry

Draft Breakdown 2015 draft

Watching Gregory against Michigan State was one of the most brutal evaluations I ever seen :yao:

Edited by butta55

It is with a heavy heart that I sit here and humbly say.....that I was wrong about Bud Dupree :mjtears:

• Upvote 1

It is with a heavy heart that I sit here and humbly say.....that I was wrong about Bud Dupree :mjtears:

Join Team Vic, butta. We're over here just watching everyone else wondering what's taking so slong. :smug:

• Upvote 2

Join Team Vic, butta. We're over here just watching everyone else wondering what's taking so slong. :smug:

Eh I'm not a huge Beasley fan. I like him, but he isn't something I haven't seen before.

Join team Gregory.

Lol.

I'm actually on team Leonard.

Tbh I think Gregory is going to end up like Damontre Moore or Sharif Floyd. He's mocked as a top 10 but come draft day I doubt he'll even make it into the first round. Not even because he failed that drug test, but because he isn't developed as a player.

Vic Beasly is inhuman. He's got like, negative bust potential.

Pretty undersized.....

I like Leo Williams obviously but not as a DE unless you're talking 3-4 end. He's a 3-tech in a 4-3, he can play end and all but he's not going to be an effective pass rusher at DE in the NFL in my opinion. Needs to stay inside to win in pass rush consistently.

Pretty undersized.....

Not for an edge rusher imo. He could be put into a similar role as Miller and he'd be great. He's my #1 defensive player now.

#1? I wouldn't go that far at all.

I honestly still like Dupree over him. Wasn't trying to say I hate Bud, just realized more of what he truly is instead of what I wanted him to be when I first watched him.

Vic is far from sure....

He has no run defense to speak of right now, and his pass rush is pretty much all speed right now.

I haven't watched much film this time around (yay real life) but from what I did see, I really like Devante Parker. Insane acrobatic catches, good mitts that snatch and high point the ball out of the air, ability to get behind the defense and is an incredibly smooth/fluid player. While watching him, I said he reminded me of A.J Green. Then I saw that draft analyst said that was their pro comparison as well >.>. Not sure how the draft will fall but I would love for the Eagles to get him at 20. Even if he's around in the late teens, wouldn't mind the Eagles moving up to get him. No more than a 4th though.

On the defense side, one prospect who I think is incredibly talented is Marcus Peters. That kid seems he has what it takes to be a great corner in this league. Outstanding technique and instincts but character issues seem to be an issue unfortunately. From what I saw (and again which wasn't much), I liked Marcus Peters tape more than Trae Waynes. Waynes is the better athlete but Peters trumps him in terms of technique. I also wouldn't be mad if the Eagles got Landon Collins.

Agree with the Peters > Waynes analysis but I honestly hold both in the same area. Peters a top 5 guy IMO. Waynes a border top 5. I think in a system of press man-to-man coverage both will eventually be pro-bowlers and future NFL stars.

Parker is good but I never saw anything that set him above White or Cooper. Cooper is easily the best route runner in this draft while White the best athlete at WR with hands. Parker had a tendency to seem slow and rarely breaking from coverage. Not saying he can't make those contested catches but it becomes a concern when 70% of his catches are heavily contested.

Peters pls

Waynes plays press technique but notice he doesn't jam all that often. Why? Because he has the athleticism and skill to mirror receivers like who in the NFL? Revis.....there is no higher skill of covering people than that ability which is why Patrick Peterson was go so hyped so quickly. Now can he keep that up as teams attack him different ways? We will see, but coming straight out of college, none of these guys have the raw talent Waynes does.

I'd say Peters much stronger in run defense and shutting down screens. A lot more physical. Not as athletic as Waynes but the guy is glue on a receiver and hunts for ballcarrier well.

Agree with the Peters > Waynes analysis but I honestly hold both in the same area. Peters a top 5 guy IMO. Waynes a border top 5. I think in a system of press man-to-man coverage both will eventually be pro-bowlers and future NFL stars.

Parker is good but I never saw anything that set him above White or Cooper. Cooper is easily the best route runner in this draft while White the best athlete at WR with hands. Parker had a tendency to seem slow and rarely breaking from coverage. Not saying he can't make those contested catches but it becomes a concern when 70% of his catches are heavily contested.

One of the things I also noticed about Peters is that he excels in zone coverage as well. I think Peters is talented enough to acclimate to any system; zone or man.

Peters pls

Waynes plays press technique but notice he doesn't jam all that often. Why? Because he has the athleticism and skill to mirror receivers like who in the NFL? Revis.....there is no higher skill of covering people than that ability which is why Patrick Peterson was go so hyped so quickly. Now can he keep that up as teams attack him different ways? We will see, but coming straight out of college, none of these guys have the raw talent Waynes does.

That's exactly why I value technique over athletic ability any day of the week. Patrick Peterson is probably the most gifted athlete at his position by far but Revis is miles ahead of him because of his impeccable technique. Peters technique is much better than Waynes imo which makes him the better prospect imo; talent wise anyways. Peters skill set seems more diverse as well.

Technique can be learned, athletic ability can't. Peterson relied on his speed and agility and never improved like Revis did (not to mention Revis had a high IQ to start with). So like I said what Waynes chooses to do from this point we will have to see.

A common trait of those who are incredibly athletically talented is to solely rely on that athleticism and most don't seem to bother or really improve on their technique. It's usually the guys who aren't as gifted who have to work harder that are more fundamentally sound and master technique.

But when they do study and work, you get guys like Revis and Primetime. Waynes can jam too, he isn't just up there to mirror a receiver. We see physical corners in the league who make a living off that alone. You basically have Dennard from Michgan State with top level athleticism. IMO

Well I would say was very athletically gifted. Revis isn't great in any athletic area. Doesn't have great or deep speed, no cut on the dime agility, no insane jumping ability but he's solid in every area. But when technique comes into play, there is no one better. Very cerebral player with masterful technique.

Revis ran a 4.38

A much better athlete than he is given credit for even coming out of college.

• Upvote 1

ScientificAncientAmmonite.gif

Campin likes to leave this gif out cause he boy gets bodied :smug: