butta54

Playoff Selection Committee

We should just crown North Dakota State champions every year and not bother with this whole playoff BS.

You do realize North Dakota State lost last week, right?

After watching the majority of the season and how the new system is playing out....I (like most people) believe that the committee should just wait until the end of the year to release the final rankings instead of going week by week. Even if they wanted to release them the last four weeks leading up to the playoffs that way teams can get an idea of where they are in the committee's eyes.

I kinda think that it had to be done this first year just to let everyone from teams to fans know exactly what the committee would be looking it at and basically say "HEY LOOK WE ARE DIFFERENT THAN THE BCS" But hopefully next year they feel people get it well enough and will have them wait to release the rankings until the end.

• Upvote 2

After watching the majority of the season and how the new system is playing out....I (like most people) believe that the committee should just wait until the end of the year to release the final rankings instead of going week by week. Even if they wanted to release them the last four weeks leading up to the playoffs that way teams can get an idea of where they are in the committee's eyes.

I kinda think that it had to be done this first year just to let everyone from teams to fans know exactly what the committee would be looking it at and basically say "HEY LOOK WE ARE DIFFERENT THAN THE BCS" But hopefully next year they feel people get it well enough and will have them wait to release the rankings until the end.

I was thinking this, too. It would definitely add to the suspense of the final rankings, though is that a fair trade-off for no rankings at all during the second half of the season?

I personally wouldn't feel like I'm missing out on anything without the rankings. These teams and fans have a pretty good idea of where their teams are and don't need to be told every week. I could see a end of the year playoff announcement special on ESPN with the committee, or part of them, sitting down and explaining their four selections. They might even do that this year, but I think that would be enough. Let these teams go out and play ever week like they have a chance to get in.

You do realize North Dakota State lost last week, right?

tumblr_mejnpu26Rm1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

• Upvote 2

tumblr_mejnpu26Rm1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

You took the time to look that up and post it on here. So technically, you were the joke first. :smug:

You took the time to look that up and post it on here. So technically, you were the joke first. :smug:

Sorry. I took that in a different way. Yeah, I've been trolled, lol.

• Upvote 2

I'm actually hoping FSU has more of these close wins and does manage to go undefeated and still get excluded from the Playoff because I root for chaos in college football

• Upvote 1

I'm actually hoping FSU has more of these close wins and does manage to go undefeated and still get excluded from the Playoff because I root for chaos in college football

We share the desire for chaos in college football, but I absolutely cannot see a way an undefeated FSU does not make the top 4. The lowest I think you can (potentially) justify them being ranked is 3rd, behind a one-loss Oregon and one-loss Alabama. What other one-loss team jumps over them? Maybe Mississippi State, but nobody else.

Edited by SteVo

We share the desire for chaos in college football, but I absolutely cannot see a way an undefeated FSU does not make the top 4. The lowest I think you can (potentially) justify them being ranked is 3rd, behind a one-loss Oregon and one-loss Alabama. What other one-loss team jumps over them? Maybe Mississippi State, but nobody else.

yeah, the Miss St. loss probably eliminated the slim possibility of an undefeated FSU missing the playoffs, there's the three teams you listed and the only other I could see is an SEC Champ that beat Bama in the Conference Championship, but that would probably boot Bama out before FSU, I'd be shocked if they put a third SEC team in over an undefeated FSU

Think FSU, Oregon, Bama are near locks now. ASU ate a bullet. TCU skimming by. Imagine if Bama goes into SEC championship and loses, and Miss St gets in. Would be a mess to justify.

Bama can still lose to Auburn in the Iron Bowl easily.

That game is never about records.

• Upvote 1

Bama can still lose to Auburn in the Iron Bowl easily.

That game is never about records.

I don't see that happening though. I think Bama will have a lot of motivation to avenge last year's epic loss.

I don't know that I see it either.

Just saying I wouldn't consider Bama a lock until they have gotten past Auburn.

(That was an incredibly epic finish last year.)

Edited by Thanatos19

Not a fan of Miss St. staying in the rankings. That game was not close. Alabama had it locked down at halftime.

Hopefully Ole Miss knocks them out or Auburn gets the job done so either Baylor or TCU will have a legitimate shot.

They were undefeated with quality wins prior to one hiccup against Bama. Bama most certainly did not have it locked up at the half. Miss St. challenged them in the second half as well. They deserve to stay in the rankings.

They were undefeated with quality wins prior to one hiccup against Bama. Bama most certainly did not have it locked up at the half. Miss St. challenged them in the second half as well. They deserve to stay in the rankings.

Really? They were never within less than a touchdown. Alabama had control of that game.

It doesn't matter. They're losing to Ole Miss, anyway.

Bold prediction.

You're really underestimating Miss. St though. Committee will take a 9-1 Miss St that lost to Bama over a 9-1 TCU or Baylor at this point. Pretty sure Alabama wins out and Miss St would be knocked out. Really gonna be winner of SEC who makes it.

1. Florida State

2. Alabama

3. Oregon

4. TCU

unless Oregon or Bama loses their championships, respectively.

Really? They were never within less than a touchdown. Alabama had control of that game.

Would you put TCU over them who almost lost to Kansas? :yao:

Would you put TCU over them who almost lost to Kansas? :yao:

I would put TCU or Baylor over either Oregon or Miss St, yes.

Do you really think that game is indicative of how good TCU is? I don't. It has to be pretty easy to have a collectively shitty day by overlooking a team like Kansas. They still won.