butta54

Playoff Selection Committee

Whoever wins the title this year, they wont have much of a chance next year against MARSHALL. :smug::troll:

funny to see that from a guy who's been arguing an undefeated team should be left out because they're not winning pretty enough

Not winning pretty enough on a consistent basis against a cake schedule. TCU only won ugly once, so far.

TCU also barely got by a average West Virginia team only winning by a point.

A West Virginia team that beat Baylor. West Virginia's better than quite a few of those ACC teams.

Granted, FSU with fate and sheer dumb luck on their side have been unbeatable for average teams.

You're angry at FSU for mopping up a cake schedule when TCU nearly lost to a cake team. Leave your FSU bias at the door, this team has pieces that won a national championship last year for a reason. And don't claim FSU to have played NOBODY. They knocked out a strong Notre Dame team.

FSU reminds me of a worse version of the 2005 Texas team. Team would often struggle if not fall behind against teams they had no business struggling with, but Vince Young(Winston) would put on his superman cape and they'd always comeback and win.

They were undefeated with quality wins prior to one hiccup against Bama. Bama most certainly did not have it locked up at the half. Miss St. challenged them in the second half as well. They deserve to stay in the rankings.

I don't need to tell you this but that game would've been completely different @ Miss State. And they were in the game for sure. If not for that one redzone INT, I think they would've had a real shot at winning it in the 4th.

You're angry at FSU for mopping up a cake schedule when TCU nearly lost to a cake team. Leave your FSU bias at the door, this team has pieces that won a national championship last year for a reason. And don't claim FSU to have played NOBODY. They knocked out a strong Notre Dame team.

Notre Dame is a good win but nothing special. I actually think their win over Clemson was more impressive and just goes to show how good of a team they are. People need to realize that 1. FSU is probably asleep at the wheel, 2. They are getting everyone's best shot. The fact that they find ways to battle back and win these games says a lot about them as a team. They have shown that they have the true will & heart of a champion.

• Upvote 1

Notre Dame lost to northwestern though. Florida State is pretty clearly in the position of undefeated or out with the playoffs.

I have no idea how they won that Clemson game with Maguire at QB :lol: God he sucks.

I felt so bad for Maguire. He's terrible, and he's goofy looking.

FSU is #2 in Strength of Schedule, but not even in the top 10 in Game Control :badass:

That (as I've said earlier) is one thing that the committee will continue to hold that against FSU. I think everyone has agreed that FSU going undefeated will lock them in the playoffs, but if they lose a game coupled with the way they have controlled games would be all the ammunition the committee needs to keep them out.

Notre Dame lost to northwestern though. Florida State is pretty clearly in the position of undefeated or out with the playoffs.

Inconsistency doesn't deny talent. Dame can go head-to-head against anyone. That said it's probably win to get in for FSU.

I would put TCU or Baylor over either Oregon or Miss St, yes.

Do you really think that game is indicative of how good TCU is? I don't. It has to be pretty easy to have a collectively shitty day by overlooking a team like Kansas. They still won.

Actually yes I do. TCU SOS is dogshit, its even belows Ohio Sts.

Miss St

SOS : 34

Strength of record : 3

Game Control: 2

TCU

SOS: 49

Strength of record : 5

Game Control: 8

If Georgia sneaks into the SEC Championship and beats a potential two-loss West champion, will Georgia jump into the playoffs or will the SEC be left out? (This is assuming Ole Miss beats Miss State and Auburn beats Alabama).

Winner of SEC has to make it. No way it's an ACC, PAC-12, Big 12, Big 10 playoffs.

as hilarious as it would be for the SEC to miss out on the playoffs, there's no way that's gonna happen, the question in that scenario would be do you put Georgia in or skip Miss St./Bama ahead of them (obviously the team that hadn't just lost to GA) I'd think you'd have to go with the conference champ

Edited by oochymp

SEC wont miss out. Pretty much a given 1 of the teams will be in the playoff. Been like that since the playoff's inception.

lmaoOlePiss

They peaked in mid-October. Did Bware think they were for real? Lol.

Man, before the season I thought Arkansas would be an easy win. Doesn't look like that now...

So, FSU bump down to #4 or nah?

We've been bumped down all season despite not losing any games, so sure, why not?

• Upvote 1

Almost impossible for SEC to be shut out from the playoffs. Unless Bama and Ole Miss tank the rest of the year. 2 loss SEC is gonna make it over a 2 loss any other conference team.

Edited by Bucman