Sign in to follow this  
Mentch

2nd Best Team in the AFC?

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which team is the 2nd best team in the AFC next to Denver?

• New England
    • Baltimore
    • Indianapolis
    • San Diego

Ok, I'm going to make this short. Baltimore is a paper tiger. Yes, they are indeed a walking skeleton. The problem that I have with them is the same problem that I have with Cincy, but I think Cincy is a better team altogether. When they play inferior competition at home when no one is watching, they just clown on mother fucks. When the pressure is on though, and they have to do against a decent team with expectations on the line, they fold like a paper cup. Facco gonna Flacco, and Dalton gonna Dalton. There are plenty of things that I could go on about, but them's the highlights.

• Upvote 1

Ok, I'm going to make this short. Baltimore is a paper tiger. Yes, they are indeed a walking skeleton. The problem that I have with them is the same problem that I have with Cincy, but I think Cincy is a better team altogether. When they play inferior competition at home when no one is watching, they just clown on mother fucks. When the pressure is on though, and they have to do against a decent team with expectations on the line, they fold like a paper cup. Facco gonna Flacco, and Dalton gonna Dalton. There are plenty of things that I could go on about, but them's the highlights.

I love how this played out exactly as you said it today :yao:

It's pretty clearly New England, same as it always is.

• Upvote 1

After today, it's become clear that the Patriots are still at the moment the 2nd best team in the AFC. I would put Baltimore 3rd and Indianapolis 4th though. If Indy's lack of D didnt become clear today, I dont know when it ever will

After today, it's become clear that the Patriots are still at the moment the 2nd best team in the AFC. I would put Baltimore 3rd and Indianapolis 4th though. If Indy's lack of D didnt become clear today, I dont know when it ever will

Ok, so, still no KC in the conversation? Even after STOMPING your no. 2 and the other two teams lost while KC does the damn thing winning 4 of 5, they aren't mentioned? Really?

Ok, so, still no KC in the conversation? Even after STOMPING your no. 2 and the other two teams lost while KC does the damn thing winning 4 of 5, they aren't mentioned? Really?

Why are you still pushing this so much? Yes, the Chiefs are a playoff contender. Yes, their defense is legit. No, blowing out 1 team does not automatically place you among the league's elite. I would probably put them in the 5-6 range in the AFC but that doesnt make them the 2nd best team next to Denver. They have a good chance to get to 6-3 before facing the Seahawks in Week 11. If they win that game, I think we can begin to enter the conversation about whether they are among the elite teams in the league

Why are you still pushing this so much? Yes, the Chiefs are a playoff contender. Yes, their defense is legit. No, blowing out 1 team does not automatically place you among the league's elite. I would probably put them in the 5-6 range in the AFC but that doesnt make them the 2nd best team next to Denver. They have a good chance to get to 6-3 before facing the Seahawks in Week 11. If they win that game, I think we can begin to enter the conversation about whether they are among the elite teams in the league

Only reason I'm so one this is because they really are one of the hottest teams out there right now. They seem pretty legit, but I don't blame anyone for not having them firmly at 2. I just feel like with the way the AFC is shaking out this year there's really nothing outside of Denver where you can say, "They're obs the choice." I just get tired of KC getting no love, year in and year out. Someone has to push for them, and it might as well be me.

• Upvote 1

Only reason I'm so one this is because they really are one of the hottest teams out there right now. They seem pretty legit, but I don't blame anyone for not having them firmly at 2. I just feel like with the way the AFC is shaking out this year there's really nothing outside of Denver where you can say, "They're obs the choice." I just get tired of KC getting no love, year in and year out. Someone has to push for them, and it might as well be me.

Ok, I understand what you're saying right now. My bad if I seemed a bit harsh, I thought you were trying to say that the Chiefs were unquestionably the best team at 2. I've seen some pretty homerific stuff before so you'll have to forgive me for that one lol. Yeah, I really like the way that the Chiefs have responded since that opening day goose egg. I think they'll be either 7-4 or 8-3 when they host the Broncos in Week 13 on SNF. Would love to see how that game goes down especially since the Chiefs have gotten better since that Week 2 matchup and they were still a couple yards away from sending that one to OT

• Upvote 1

How can everyone immediately place Denver as the best team in the NFL? Just watching GameDay First this morning, I heard at least 3 different NFL Analysts talk about how Denver is the best team in the NFL and they are even better than they were last year. The second part of those statements, alright I agree with that. The first though, how are they? You're talking about a team that just a few weeks ago was absolutely destroyed by the Patriots. How can you call a team that loses in that type of fashion, the best team in the NFL?

We can discuss the loss to the Seahawks as well. The Seahawks are a fantastic team, but in no way are they or have they been playing at the same level that they had last year.

To lose those two games the way they did, and to still be touted as the best team in the AFC or the NFL is kind of ass backwards to me. I think the Broncos still have a lot of things they need to put together as they head toward the playoffs. You can not get blown out the way they did against the Patriots and then be considered the best team in the league. It just doesn't work IMO.

Every team has lost a game big at this point in time. Talent wise, we're the best team in the league, but intelligence wise we fall well short of the mark. Arizona, Kansas City and New England are all bigger threats than we are right now because they're combining talent with smart play. If Gronk stays healthy we have no chance at actually making the super bowl.

Every team has lost a game big at this point in time. Talent wise, we're the best team in the league, but intelligence wise we fall well short of the mark. Arizona, Kansas City and New England are all bigger threats than we are right now because they're combining talent with smart play. If Gronk stays healthy we have no chance at actually making the super bowl.

A healthy Gronk definitely adds a whole other dimension to the Pats, but i love that someone OTHER than me is giving some credit to those KC Chiefs. I

f that defense keeps playing like they did against Seattle with the two (three?) Headed monster of a rushing attack going downhill off rip and often, they're gonna have a say in how everything shakes out in January and possibly February.

I wasn't counting how many first and goals they faced, but it was more than I felt comfortable with considering Wilson and Beastmode were doing what they do. To come out of that game without allowing a runner to get into the end zone all season is a true, valuable accomplishment imo.

The hawks played a good game. The Chiefs just played better. That game was very encouraging, and when you add it to their already impressive body of work, this team is finally a real contender, at least currently. Since that unfortunate bed shitting in week one, they've been outstanding.

A healthy Gronk definitely adds a whole other dimension to the Pats, but i love that someone OTHER than me is giving some credit to those KC Chiefs. I

f that defense keeps playing like they did against Seattle with the two (three?) Headed monster of a rushing attack going downhill off rip and often, they're gonna have a say in how everything shakes out in January and possibly February.

I wasn't counting how many first and goals they faced, but it was more than I felt comfortable with considering Wilson and Beastmode were doing what they do. To come out of that game without allowing a runner to get into the end zone all season is a true, valuable accomplishment imo.

The hawks played a good game. The Chiefs just played better. That game was very encouraging, and when you add it to their already impressive body of work, this team is finally a real contender, at least currently. Since that unfortunate bed shitting in week one, they've been outstanding.

Do you remember how I said a few weeks ago that if the Chiefs kept up this level of play and beat Seattle, that we could have a conversation about whether they were the 2nd best team in the AFC? Well, here we are. Only difference is this time the Patriots are the top team instead of the Broncos

The thing that puts the Chiefs into the conversation for me is how well the team has been playing without Jamaal Charles having a single 100 yard rushing game until yesterday. They've completely exceeded expectations. That front 7 can be scary at times, and while not mindblowing, Alex Smith is more than serviceable at QB

I have them as arguably the 2nd best team in the AFC, behind New England. I feel like you can argue between the Chiefs and the Broncos as 2nd best team. I still give the Broncos the edge, but it's much much closer than it was at this point in time last year or even earlier this season

So in a nutshell:

1. New England

2A. Denver

2B. Kansas City

Do you remember how I said a few weeks ago that if the Chiefs kept up this level of play and beat Seattle, that we could have a conversation about whether they were the 2nd best team in the AFC? Well, here we are. Only difference is this time the Patriots are the top team instead of the Broncos

The thing that puts the Chiefs into the conversation for me is how well the team has been playing without Jamaal Charles having a single 100 yard rushing game until yesterday. They've completely exceeded expectations. That front 7 can be scary at times, and while not mindblowing, Alex Smith is more than serviceable at QB

I have them as arguably the 2nd best team in the AFC, behind New England. I feel like you can argue between the Chiefs and the Broncos as 2nd best team. I still give the Broncos the edge, but it's much much closer than it was at this point in time last year or even earlier this season

So in a nutshell:

1. New England

2A. Denver

2B. Kansas City

Agreed. Well get an even clearer picture of things in a couple more weeks when the Broncos come to Arrowhead. That's a HUGE game for the Chiefs, and unlike previous Chiefs teams, this group seems to play best in the biggest moments. The way they beat Seattle was impressive. I can't overstate that.

Not sure if this has already been said, but a solid case can be made that NE is the #1 and Denver is #2.

Jes' sayin'.