Sign in to follow this  
BwareDWare94

Annoying New Trend

Something I've noticed, particularly this season, is that videos are surfacing constantly of pre or post-game speeches by coaches or players. Every single goddamn speech is titled "epic speech by [insert name here]" by whichever source posted it.

There have been maybe 1 or 2 "epic" pre or post game speeches in all of this time. Most of them have been either 20-30 seconds of "hey good job guys!" or complete shit shows like Joique Bell's supposedly "epic" speech from a few weeks ago, when he glared at the cameras as he repeatedly said random shit that was irrelevant and, to top it off, you could barely understand him.

Why did posting mediocre to shitty speeches and making them sound awesome become a trend? The latest instance is Bruce Arians' speech after yesterday's game. It wasn't a shitty speech, but it wasn't anything special, either.

Is this annoying anybody else or am I being too nitpicky?

Well we don't have Ray Lewis to mouth off about nothing anymore, we need to fill the void!

I think it's just people getting overly excited about hearing words they've never heard before and posting it on the internet for everyone to see because they want reps/views

Epic is overused in general (I'm guilty of it, pretty sure everyone is guilty of it) it's just spread to football videos.

Football is the most overreaction sport there is, and the NFL's social media posts, bloggers, analysts, unfortunately let this drive their opinions and comments on NFL matters. People have learned that in order to be quoted or reposted is to post anything but valid truths and instead state a more harsh controversial opinion in order to gain buzz. It's garbage. All of it. Don't ever let anything other than the action on the field or context of quotations from the subjects themselves influence or dictate your own opinion.

I thought this thread was going to be about the new trend of blaming the refs for everything...

Looks like I'm in the wrong thread.

Epic is overused in general (I'm guilty of it, pretty sure everyone is guilty of it) it's just spread to football videos.

Heh, it's like the trend to overuse the word "awesome" by younger people to describe just about everything.

I shouldn't criticize too much though - I like to use the word "fuck" to describe my displeasure quite often. :)

Edited by Wattafan