blotsfan

2014-15 NBA Season

Guest Phailadelphia

If offense is all that matters, the Suns have a better shot at the title, too. Who is going to stop our guard combo? The only people who can stop them are themselves. :devious:

Elite scoring bigs >>>>> scoring guards

Andrew Wiggins is so unpolished offensively that Anthony Bennett is going to pay more dividends, this year. Wiggins is obviously a better prospect but Bennett isn't far behind. I never realized how big he is. I thought he could potentially play the 3 since Wiggins can play the 2, but Bennett definitely has a 4's size.

Ricky Rubio is getting his ass kicked by DJ Augustin.

#Can'tBelieveThisDudeWantsaMax

Well, thunder are in trouble for awhile.

Guest Phailadelphia

Russ out 4-6 weeks with a fractured hand. Fuck this season.

If offense is all that matters, the Suns have a better shot at the title, too. Who is going to stop our guard combo? The only people who can stop them are themselves. :devious:

I really like the Suns. Fun team to watch. It's actually kind of cool to see a lot of well rounded teams in the NBA now. It's definitely not as top heavy anymore.

Andrew Wiggins is so unpolished offensively that Anthony Bennett is going to pay more dividends, this year. Wiggins is obviously a better prospect but Bennett isn't far behind. I never realized how big he is. I thought he could potentially play the 3 since Wiggins can play the 2, but Bennett definitely has a 4's size.

Yeah, Bennett was a PF in college but is a bit undersized per NBA standards. Wiggins is a tier (or a few) above Bennett as a prospect though.

Ricky Rubio is getting his ass kicked by DJ Augustin.

#Can'tBelieveThisDudeWantsaMax

Augustin is actually a solid offensive player.

PJIII is finally going ham, and I'm missing it. :X

Lol its crazy...I would never have expected a 30 point game from him but its been a few years since I've actually seen him play.

Anthony Bennett is a really, really good player. Getting healthy really matters. Dude went and got in the best shape of his life and is now going to be a terror for opposing teams.

The points aren't coming yet, but they will. Dude's a playmaker the instant he steps on the floor.

Josh Smith COULD be a top 10 player if he made little, easy adjustments to his game. He doesn't. Therefore, I'm not even sure he's a top 50 player.

That might be a stretch, but the guy fucks his career over by continually choosing to be stupid on offense.

Man I wonder if the Thunder will miss the playoffs now. The west is so good that I could see them falling into too big of a hole. I hope their early schedule is easy enough that they can get by.

Man I wonder if the Thunder will miss the playoffs now. The west is so good that I could see them falling into too big of a hole. I hope their early schedule is easy enough that they can get by.

If they can survive without Russ and KD though and those young pieces they have develop they could be scary good at full strength. Problem is Lamb and Jackson are both out too.

Guest Phailadelphia

I think they can get in as an 8th seed worst case scenario if Russ and KD both return in a month. As long as they can get into the postseason 100% healthy they have as good a shot as anyone.

Stephen A. Smith explained that Westbrook and Durant being out for awhile might end up working for OKC in the end. One reason being that OKC could hang on to a 5th or 6th seed in the West which would allow them to miss San Antonio in the playoffs. Second being that whenever the two return they will be at full strength and have fresh legs.

On "Mike & Mike" Greenberg said that it worries him that having star players out for awhile could be helpful. He said that if the NBA is claiming their season isn't too long, than why is there any situation in which having your star players out could give you an advantage of being rested.

• Upvote 2

I think they can get in as an 8th seed worst case scenario if Russ and KD both return in a month. As long as they can get into the postseason 100% healthy they have as good a shot as anyone.

is Durant only gone for a month? I thought he was worse

I don't think this even knocks OKC out of top 4 contention. Both should be back in early December and their upcoming games including these very winnable matchups:

vs. Denver

@ Brooklyn

vs. Sacramento

@ Milwaukee

@ Boston

vs. Detroit

@ Utah

@ Denver

vs. Brooklyn

vs. Utah

vs. NYK

In early December they have:

@ Philly

@ Detroit

vs. Milwaukee

@ Minnesota

So if they go through that stretch with a 13-3 record, they should be OK. I see losses at Denver, at Boston, and at Minnesota if KD and Russ are gone.

They're going to be fine.

Shitty to see Russ go down as well, but it should be great for Jackson, Lamb, PJIII, Adams, Roberson, et cetera.

AND HOLY SHIT I THINK THEY REMOVED THE BLARING COMMERCIAL MUSIC ON LEAGUE PASS.

EDIT: On my second commercial. I think it's finally happening.

poppin1.gif

Edited by Zack_of_Steel

Guest Phailadelphia

I don't think this even knocks OKC out of top 4 contention. Both should be back in early December and their upcoming games including these very winnable matchups:

vs. Denver

@ Brooklyn

vs. Sacramento

@ Milwaukee

@ Boston

vs. Detroit

@ Utah

@ Denver

vs. Brooklyn

vs. Utah

vs. NYK

In early December they have:

@ Philly

@ Detroit

vs. Milwaukee

@ Minnesota

So if they go through that stretch with a 13-3 record, they should be OK. I see losses at Denver, at Boston, and at Minnesota if KD and Russ are gone.

They're going to be fine.

You're crazy if you think OKC is going 13-3 in November. THey'd have been doing well to be 13-3 with Russ and KD both playing. I think best case scenario they come out of November at 6-10.

Problem is, it might take 55 wins to make the playoffs in the West. PHX won 48 last year and didn't get in and you could argue the West is even deeper this year. I don't know how this team wins 55 this year barring some insane 30-game win streak after KD & Russ return.

Edited by Phailadelphia

So Derrick rose didn't last long...

• Upvote 1

So Derrick rose didn't last long...

He'll be playing in their next game, unless they're going into a back-to-back.

Over/under on Alex Len taking the starting spot from Miles Plumlee?

Alex Len!!! Holy crap! The statline may not show a whole lot, but that guy practically won the game for us. Beign a disruption down low, making all the little plays you may not notice and the ones that definitely aren't on the stat sheet.

It may have very well been his coming out party tonight. The bench, in general though did really fantastic.

Len + Thomas + Green

Isaiah Thomas may prove to be one of the best offseason acquisitions... Dude is legit and we got him for scraps.

You're crazy if you think OKC is going 13-3 in November. THey'd have been doing well to be 13-3 with Russ and KD both playing. I think best case scenario they come out of November at 6-10.

Problem is, it might take 55 wins to make the playoffs in the West. PHX won 48 last year and didn't get in and you could argue the West is even deeper this year. I don't know how this team wins 55 this year barring some insane 30-game win streak after KD & Russ return.

Not a chance, lol. The west is good but not THAT good. Probably will only need 49-50 again. As long as their big 3 is healthy come playoff time they will have a good shot at the 'ship, I'm not really worried about these injuries for them.

Cleveland to me had a very impressive win last night. Rose gut hurt per usual. Love and Irving had poor games and they still managed to beat their biggest competition on the road. Tristian Thompson really stepped up which is huge for them. They're gonna be scary good once Love and Irving start developing chemistry with LeBron.

Guest Phailadelphia

PJ3 is the backup point guard until Reggie or Westbrook returns. The Thunder will only dress 8 players against Denver tonight. Ugh.