Sign in to follow this  
Zack_of_Steel

Zack's crazy, NFL-is-rigged Super Bowl prediction

Divisional Round: Brady/Manning XVII in Foxborough. Manning chokes and Lord Brady laughs his way to the AFCCG.

AFCCG: Steelers somehow end up in another AFCCG against the Pats. They finally get over the Brady hump and take a close game in Foxborough on Ben's arm.

Super Bowl: Cardinals run the table lead by the miraculous Coach of the Year Bruce Arians. Bruce is the second ex-Steeler OC to take the Cardinals to the Super Bowl against their former team. Arians has the opportunity for revenge for being forced to "retire" as the Steelers OC.

Todd Haley, the Cardinals OC in 2008, is on the other sideline this time as Bruce's replacement.

Carson Palmer finally has a chance to repay the Steelers for derailing his career in the 2005 playoffs in Cincinnati.

Brett Keisel was at the airport to head to Arizona for a contract when he and his kids began getting emotional and he called Colbert to ask for a deal to stay in Pittsburgh.

James Harrison comes out of retirement and leads the Steelers' D to the Super Bowl for one last ride.

The storylines are too great, Rog! It's a win-win for the league, so make it happen, WWE style!

I don't actually expect this to come to fruition, but if it does, you heard it here first.

The least likely part of that is Denver and New England not being the top two seeds.

Seems legit. The Cards winning games with Drew Stanton pretty much confirms that the NFL is rigged.

• Upvote 2

The least likely part of that is Denver and New England not being the top two seeds.

Broncos (6-2) have 4 divisional games, including @OAK, @KC, and @SD, and also @CIN.

Steelers (6-3) have 2 games against the Bengals and are also at home against NO and KC.

Steelers could sneak into #2 if they continue this offensive dominance.

I don't expect this to happen, I just think it's the perfect storyline for this year, given the direction of the teams involved as of late. Something too-good-to-be-true that, if it occurred, we might be inclined to think it was staged.

Realistically, the Steelers were 7-2 heading into a game against (IIRC) a 2-6 Jets team and losing in 2007. They were 5-2 before the 5 game hellhole they fell into in 2009. They sat at 6-3 in 2012 before finishing 8-8, including a loss to the Browns.

I'm excited with how we've looked the past few weeks, but I'm very wary of getting my hopes up.

Edited by Zack_of_Steel

Yeah I guess if Ben Roethlisberger continues to play like the best quarterback in NFL history by far, the steelers have a shot :p

Divisional Round: Brady/Manning XVII in Foxborough. Manning chokes and Lord Brady laughs his way to the AFCCG.

AFCCG: Steelers somehow end up in another AFCCG against the Pats. They finally get over the Brady hump and take a close game in Foxborough on Ben's arm.

Super Bowl: Cardinals run the table lead by the miraculous Coach of the Year Bruce Arians. Bruce is the second ex-Steeler OC to take the Cardinals to the Super Bowl against their former team. Arians has the opportunity for revenge for being forced to "retire" as the Steelers OC.

Todd Haley, the Cardinals OC in 2008, is on the other sideline this time as Bruce's replacement.

Carson Palmer finally has a chance to repay the Steelers for derailing his career in the 2005 playoffs in Cincinnati.

Brett Keisel was at the airport to head to Arizona for a contract when he and his kids began getting emotional and he called Colbert to ask for a deal to stay in Pittsburgh.

James Harrison comes out of retirement and leads the Steelers' D to the Super Bowl for one last ride.

The storylines are too great, Rog! It's a win-win for the league, so make it happen, WWE style!

I don't actually expect this to come to fruition, but if it does, you heard it here first.

The way Steelers have woken up in recent games, I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the SB.

I loved the beatdown they put on the Colts and I hope they do it to NE too.

• Upvote 1