Bay

State of your team as it stands today.

:Vikings: 4-5

Status: Progressive. The defense is far better than anyone could have expected and that's the result of schematics that actually work and actually blitzing once in awhile so this secondary doesn't get left out to dry. The coaching is markedly better, for the most part, but Zimmer does some things that remind you this is his first rodeo as a primary decision maker. I firmly believe that he has this team going in the right direction but I fear that his fiery personality could eventually backfire due to the hypersensitive nature of many NFL players. I doubt it happens, ans his players have seemed to love him throughout his career, but it's certainly a possibility. If he avoids that he'll be with the Vikings for at least 6 years. The team is trending upward, is hopefully moving on from AP who makes the offense way too predictable. He's great but he demands so many touches that teams can just load the box on many offensive plays.

I'm happy. The Vikings will be 5-5 after this weekend with a chance to make a run.

:yao: with the topic 4-6 and it sucks.

Still technically in the hunt at 5-5, but will have to go 5-1 from the last 6 and have some tough opponents left in Cincy, @Colts and Ravens.

Mallett looked decent out there and has command of the offense already it would appear.

Light at the end of the tunnel re-Texans QB woes?

6-4... huge games left vs. Fuckattle and Arizona. Offense is so bad. Hardly could beat NYG with all those forced turnkvers.

Before this Sunday:

3734925+_6f9cd73f482fa8672c2a6d3aa28a8a1

After this Sunday:

lYdoals.gif

Helps when the ref picking the defender who would of been right there to intercept the ball is taken out so your TE behind him can catch the pass for the TD.

B2pp-6WCQAAhJ0A.png

:troll:

Yep - nice block by the ref.

• Upvote 1

Offense continues to be lacking. Perhaps looking past Washington.

359526186_b8df1c171e.jpg

Your defense played really well against us today, IMO. Also, what's wrong with Kalil? Does he just suck like that all the time? Guys like Mike Neal and Jayrone Elliot were walking by him.

We showed some fucking resilience for once, and committed to running the football. That's how you're supposed to win games!

Your defense played really well against us today, IMO. Also, what's wrong with Kalil? Does he just suck like that all the time? Guys like Mike Neal and Jayrone Elliot were walking by him.

Matt Kalil is that desert toll station in Blazing Saddles.

Easy to go around.

The defense is great except for Captain Completion. Loving that part. The offense is a joke, though.

I think Kalil's problem is that they were in too big of a hurry to bulk him up. Do you remember how lean and small he actually looked as a rookie? I think added too much bulk has taken away from his athleticism, which was a big part of why he was so great as a rookie.

Bulking up is really damaging, at times. Look at big men in basketball. Yao Ming's career ended because he added so much bulk in such a short period of time. It eventually became too much for his feet to handle.

In football, factor in the way it affects a player's speed and agility. It doesn't always help.

Edited by BwareDWare94

The defense is great except for Captain Completion.

Sometimes there just isn't anything to do. A perfect throw will beat perfect coverage every time.

https://vine.co/v/O1qhUTTOlB7

We got absolutely smoked by the Packers last week. I think we're better than we played in that game and lost to an elite team on a hot streak in their building. I don't see us being super bowl contenders after that with our QB situation. We're not quite good enough defensively to overcome our QB situation and our offensive in isn't run blocking the way they did last year so far to mask their flaws like it did Foles' last year. It's troublesome to me that the only playoff team we've been able to beat thus far is Indianapolis because they're really not that good even though I do feel like we're capable of beating the 9ers and Arizona if we get another shot at them, especially in our building.

I think we really need to beat Seattle at home and at least split with Dallas. We'll be a playoff team regardless, but we really need to prove we can beat the best teams. It is important to be able to beat lesser teams and not play down to their level though so it's still good we haven't dropped the ball against anyone we should have beaten. We came close to doing it against St. Louis but they've beaten some of the best teams in football this year. One thing that's very clear though at this point is that if Chip Kelly gets his hands on a franchise QB or even somebody who's a top 15 QB the rest of the league is in a lot of trouble.

One thing I have to do though is give Billy Davis credit. I thought our defense was going to be awful this year. I was really critical of the Malcolm Jenkins signing but he's played lights out all year so far. We've gotten by with stop gap veterans at CB. Nate Allen has improved a ton in this defense (still not the best SS in the world). Casey Matthews has had to see a lot of snaps and it hasn't killed us. It has hurt us at times but that's to be expected from a back up. Mychal Kendricks, a guy who I've been highly critical of, has turned into more than just a player who lucks into some splash plays. He's now a guy who plays side line to side line and wraps up the ball carrier and has shown the ability to be a very good pass rusher from the ILB position. Trent Cole and Brandon Graham are really starting to thrive in the 3-4 and have obviously taken to the scheme and the techniques from their position coaches, Barwin has been a difference maker and we've shown talent and depth up front for most of the year outside of some bad games like against Green Bay. Most importantly though we've played something like 23 of 24 games forcing at least one turn over. Our streak was ended in Green Bay but we did get Rodgers to fumble, but the Packers recovered.

All in all this team has a fantastic coaching staff from top to bottom and Howie Roseman has done a great job working with Chip and Davis to get guys who fit what we want to do. This year likely won't be the year we finally hoist that Lombardi, but I feel as though it's only a matter of time if we can keep this combo of front office and coaching staff together for a few years. It's a pretty damn good sign that Chip already has had somebody poached from his staff and Bill Lazor is doing a great job in Miami. Really excited for the future of this team.

• Upvote 1

As long as John Fox and Jack Del Rio continue to drag down this incredible assembly of talent into mediocrity we'll be nothing more than paper Super Bowl losers. :shrug:

As long as John Fox and Jack Del Rio continue to drag down this incredible assembly of talent into mediocrity we'll be nothing more than paper Super Bowl losers. :shrug:

Man I have to say with way DeMarcus Ware has revived his career in Denver that you guys would be a lot better defensively. He might not be an MVP level performer anymore but he's certainly been playing like one of the better DE's in the league. Von Miller is of course doing Von Miller things. TJ Ward has kinda sucked though which is really very surprising to me.

Sometimes there just isn't anything to do. A perfect throw will beat perfect coverage every time.

One play of good coverage can't make up for the countless times he's been burned, the absurd missed tackles that keep piling up, etc. Rhodes is way, way better (how about the way he played, yesterday?). Robinson is better, too.

Edited by BwareDWare94

Man I have to say with way DeMarcus Ware has revived his career in Denver that you guys would be a lot better defensively. He might not be an MVP level performer anymore but he's certainly been playing like one of the better DE's in the league. Von Miller is of course doing Von Miller things. TJ Ward has kinda sucked though which is really very surprising to me.

We have played really great defensively at times, then for some reason Ware and Von start dropping into coverage, and our excellent on-man corners start playing 10 yards off the ball.

This team is killing me. It wouldn't be so bad if I expected to lose every week, but it's the weeks that I have a little bit of hope and the team completely lets me down that are crushing.

The offense... Man, the offense... At this point, I don't know who's to blame. Is it Bortles' fault and he's just refusing to throw it deep? (That ball drop for absolutely no reason at all is one of the worst plays I can recall) Is it the playcaller who's seemingly afraid of turning the ball over that's preventing him from calling plays down field? I mean, every drive yesterday seemingly started with two runs followed by a pass on 3rd and long. It wasn't until the 4th quarter when we were down by 20 that the offense finally opened up and passes were completed downfield. Part of it's Bortles: like when he keys on Dennard in the passing game for pretty much the entire game, but when we get in the redzone, instead of hitting the guy that's standing there wide open, he locks on to Marqise Lee who does nothing.

It's just frustrating. At least there's always the draft and next season?

Edited by Vin