Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Josh Gordon: I'm Gonna Tear Up the League

The Cleveland Browns star told NFL Media's Nate Burleson that he plans to "tear this league up" over the next six weeks.

"He told me: 'Starting on practice this Wednesday, I'm going to outwork everybody on the field,'" Burleson said Tuesday on NFL Network's NFL Total Access: "(He said) 'I'm going to try to evoke a pride in Cleveland that can hopefully lead us to the playoffs.' He's excited about coming back."

Burleson spent training camp with the Browns and recalled a conversation with Gordon before the pass-catcher was shipped away to serve his 10-game suspension for violating the NFL's substance-abuse policy.

"He said, 'I plan to lose 10 to 15 pounds and when I come back I'm going to tear this league up,'" Burleson said. "Now, this offense is different; it's not the same offense as last year. So, they're not going to be running and gunning, throwing the ball up the sideline, but definitely look for them to get Josh involved early, kind of to get his rhythm back

NFL.com

Big talk coming from the leagues best wide receiver. Let's see what he can do, and maybe he will be on the field all of next year?

Just don't tear up the club afterwards.

Or start making hash brownies

Hopefully the NFL changes it's weed policy this offseason. It's certainly not a PED lol. I'm excited to see Gordon back on the field. idk if he's the league's best WR like JD says, but it's not THAT outrageous of a claim and considering how good Calvin Johnson is, that's definitely saying something. Hope this guy really starts to dedicate himself to the game because the sky is the limit.

The guy outplays Megatron in half the time ON THE BROWNS. He's better. Lol. Calvin Johnson is generally overrated anyway. Still great, but doesn't take away he gets praise no matter how good or bad he actually plays.

Loser won't be talking after Desmond Trufant shuts him down this week.

Ice Up.

• Downvote 2

Josh Gordon gonna ham in the dome. Excited for this guy to finally get back on the field

Loser won't be talking after Desmond Trufant shuts him down this week.

Ice Up.

Your team is trash. Trufant is one of like 5 decent players on the Falcons and he will be lit up this week. You have no frame of reference, stfu black dildo.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Trufant has had a very good season but he has never faced a true number 1 yet other than Bmarsh. Green was out in week 3 and CJ was out in week 8

Edited by monstersofthemidway
  • Upvote 1

Mike Evans is the best receiver in the NFL. Are you kidding? Look at his numbers in the past couple of weeks on arguably the worst team in the league. I'd take him 10/10 over CJ's overrated arse.

• Upvote 2

Mike Evans is the best receiver in the NFL. Are you kidding? Look at his numbers in the past couple of weeks on arguably the worst team in the league. I'd take him 10/10 over CJ's overrated arse.

We'll take him off your hands for a 7th round pick. Seems like a fair trade. :yep:

• Upvote 1

Mike Evans has definitely outplayed Megatron this season, but so has a lot of WRs. Doesn't necessarily mean he is better overall.

• Upvote 1

Megatron has been hurt all year with a high ankle sprain right? Not exactly an easy injury to play with. JD is just trolling at this point. pls

I understand he's been hurt, but I don't use injuries as an excuse for terrible play (EDIT: Or sub par relative to what we are used to, in Calvin's case) when it is in reference to the Packers, I am certianly not making exceptions for a division rival.

Aaron Rodgers went down for half the season last year as the Packers went through FOUR quarterbacks before settling on the disgrace that is Matt Flynn.Shit happens... Of course I wanted Aaron to come back, but it was obvious that wasn't going to happen. Matt Flynn (and Scott Tolzein and Seneca Wallace) were our QBs, and I expected them to prepare, start, and execute at a very high level to guide our team. Fact of the matter is that they didn't... I didn't sit there, "Woe is me, Aaron is hurt"... I sat there, instead, cursing out Matt Flynn for being pathetic and being garbage for constantly being heralded as having 'mastered' out offense. Mastered my ass.

Edited by Favre4Ever

I understand he's been hurt, but I don't use injuries as an excuse for terrible play (EDIT: Or sub par relative to what we are used to, in Calvin's case) when it is in reference to the Packers, I am certianly not making exceptions for a division rival.

Aaron Rodgers went down for half the season last year as the Packers went through FOUR quarterbacks before settling on the disgrace that is Matt Flynn.Shit happens... Of course I wanted Aaron to come back, but it was obvious that wasn't going to happen. Matt Flynn (and Scott Tolzein and Seneca Wallace) were our QBs, and I expected them to prepare, start, and execute at a very high level to guide our team. Fact of the matter is that they didn't... I didn't sit there, "Woe is me, Aaron is hurt"... I sat there, instead, cursing out Matt Flynn for being pathetic and being garbage for constantly being heralded as having 'mastered' out offense. Mastered my ass.

This... doesn't seem relevant.

At least, I don't really get the point of this post.

OT: We know from past history that you tend to jump on bandwagons real quick after one or two great seasons, (Re: Josh McCown, Nick Foles).

At this point in time, based on two years play, Josh Gordon is not better than Megatron. Consistency overrules two years- amazing as those two years may be. Now, if he keeps up this play for another couple seasons? Then we have an argument.

You can certainly right now make the argument- and I would- that Gordon had a better last two years than Megatron did. But that is a different animal from arguing that Gordon is overall a better WR than one who has dominated the NFL for significantly longer- and thus proven just how good he is on a consistent basis.

Edited by Thanatos19

Good to see Josh Gordon back, such an exciting player to watch. Want to see him stay on the field to showcase his immense talent for an entire season.

Mike Evans has been great this year no doubt and even more impressive considering how bad the Bucs are, but Antonio Brown's my main man when it comes to WR. :yep:

The best WR in the league has a statline of 0 receptions, 0 yards, and 0 touchdowns at this point in the season.

• Upvote 1

germany_bavaria_walchensee_senior_man_fi

http://www.aofas.org/footcaremd/conditions/ailments-of-the-ankle/Pages/High-Ankle-Sprain.aspx

Stop this pitiful attempt at trolling. I really can't believe you don't understand how this kind of injury would effect a WR lol. You're not stupid. Then again, with your weight and lack of athleticism I guess things like that would be very foreign to you. It's kinda hard to play WR when you can barely run, let alone make cuts lol. There's no way you can be that dumb. I don't believe it, so please just stop.

• Downvote 4

germany_bavaria_walchensee_senior_man_fi

http://www.aofas.org/footcaremd/conditions/ailments-of-the-ankle/Pages/High-Ankle-Sprain.aspx

Stop this pitiful attempt at trolling. I really can't believe you don't understand how this kind of injury would effect a WR lol. You're not stupid. Then again, with your weight and lack of athleticism I guess things like that would be very foreign to you. It's kinda hard to play WR when you can barely run, let alone make cuts lol. There's no way you can be that dumb. I don't believe it, so please just stop.

As Thanatos pointed out, I am pretty quick to 'jump on the bandwagon'. I am very much into the mantra of 'what have you done for me lately'. I judge and rate players on what they have done in recent memory rather than linger on play that happened 3 years ago. Everyone i 'hype' up has the results in the recent past to back up my argument. Whether it's McCown or Foles or Gordon... Those guys, at the time of my posts, were as good as advertised.

As soon as they can't play at that level anymore, they move down or off the list. It's pretty simple... With that said, I very much understand that the injury of Calvin's nature would be a hindrance to his play. What would you rather me do? Make up phantom stats and tell you what I think he COULD have done IF he was healthy? I refuse to do that, sorry. Heck, I think the argument could be made that what Gordon did as a rookie was on the level of if not more impressive than Calvin's 2k yard season.

Yes, I make lists differently than most people. Most people, not only here but everywhere, make lists with more of a thought about tomorrow or next Sunday in mind. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that, mind you. But I don't really think that way at all. When I am making a list TODAY about the best players at the position, I am going to look at the current season and a year or two ago, that's really it. You can laugh at me or make fun of me or whatever for that, it's fine... lol. You can say I am fishing or trolling or whatever, but I'm really not. I do like to drum up conversations and debates around here, but I am not going to just make up some random thought that I don't believe in and promote it. Ha.

Regardless, healthy or not.. regardless of suspensions or not... Josh Gordon, IMO, has outplayed Calvin Johnson in the last year and a half. If he comes back and looks like crap.. If Calvin still amasses another 2k yards this year, or what have you. I will be the FIRST person to acknowledge that.

I totally understand why people would argue that point with me... And it's not like I just randomly said this. I've been saying Gordon is the best in the league for the last year or so. I KNOW you could find a post form this offseason in which I have said it.

And nothing I have said is meant as a knock on Megatron. The dude is a freak... I can't even put into words how good he is. With that said, what I am saying is more about how good Josh Gordon really is. He's REALLY REALLY good.

Edited by Favre4Ever
  • Upvote 1

JD is like the anti-Zack when it comes to rankings and lists. I tend not to let one good/bad stretch affect the rankings too much, as anomalies often happen in the NFL. That's why I've gotten so much flack for having Eli ranked highly for years despite his recent woes (though I'm sure that when I update my All-Time list for the last two seasons, he'll fall way down).

You mean like not letting an excellent 8 game stretch make a qb the third best ever? :troll:

And yes. Sean, I think this meme was made for your post:

40Idny0.png?1?fb

• Upvote 1

You mean like not letting an excellent 8 game stretch make a qb the third best ever? :troll:

Drew Brees has been killing it for years, not just 8 games. Dunno wtf you're talking about, fool.

• Upvote 1