Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Josh Gordon: I'm Gonna Tear Up the League

I was wrong to throw that low blow at JD. Very douchey of me and what makes it worse is I actually misread a comment of his after his original post, so I apologize.

In regards to JD's approach in ranking players though I'm pretty quick to jump on the bandwagon too. Hell, I'm in the driver's seat before it's left the station a lot of times, but you have to balance that approach with basic logic. I think there are times when you see just by the eye test the greatness of some players (like JJ Watt). I'm actually one of Gordon's biggest supporters, but I'm hesitant to put him over Calvin because we've seen him do it over a long period of time and we know just based off watching the guy play how good he is. There's also the fact that when Calvin got his shot in the playoffs he set records. Gordon hasn't had that chance and with the Browns he might never get the chance lol.

I just think it's wrong to slight Calvin based on his performance this year because of his injury. I can see saying what Gordon did as a rookie was more impressive than Calvin's 2k season because of Calvin's lack of TD's and the QB's Gordon worked with. I'm with that. I'm a big Gordon supporter, but to bring Calvin's lack of performance this year into the argument is off base. I think it's safe to say his lack of production this year is an anomaly. He's earned the benefit of the doubt.

• Upvote 1

I think I basically agree with Favre, I simply disagree on semantics.

Yes, Josh Gordon's last two years are better than Megatron, we both agree on that.

I simply don't take just those two years into account.

I don't think Gordon is even in my top-3, come to think of it. Or he may be #3.

Drew Brees has been killing it for years, not just 8 games. Dunno wtf you're talking about, fool.

I thought you had brees 2nd and Eli 3rd

The best WR in the league has a statline of 0 receptions, 0 yards, and 0 touchdowns at this point in the season.

Actually the best receiver in the league has 55 rec, 631 yds and 1 TD. ;^)

Can't wait for him and Mallett to build some rapour.

Starting Sunday.

Edited by Wattafan

Actually the best receiver in the league has 55 rec, 631 yds and 1 TD. ;^)

Can't wait for him and Mallett to build some rapour.

Starting Sunday.

DeAndre Hopkins?

Calvin isn't even the best WR on the team...

golden-tate-960.jpg

Ok, now you can call me a troll, Sean. ;)

• Upvote 1

There are too many great receivers for me to definitively pick a top guy. I think you've got 5-7 franchise WRs in this league, and they're inter-changeable, no matter how different they are.

Gordon

Megatron

Dez

Brown

DThomas

Green

Jones

Give me any one of them. I don't see any of these players as definitively better than the others.

• Upvote 1