Sign in to follow this  
seanbrock

2014-15 NFL playoff Rat Race

I believe the Green Bay loss today means the Cards are locked into the playoffs

Also the Pats, Broncos, and Colts all clinched their divisions

Edited by oochymp

If Chicago drops New Orleans tomorrow night, the Panthers are going to win the South... and then get upended by the 5 seed, but whatever.

a lot of huge games this weekend, by my count we have three games this week in which the winner will take their division: Steelers/Bengals; Packers/Lions; and Falcons/Panthers, of those games, the Bengals could miss the playoffs with a loss (unless they beat Denver tonight) and the loser of the Falcons/Panthers game is out, additionally the Chargers/Chiefs game is an elimination game, the winner isn't guaranteed a playoff spot (the Chargers would clinch a WC, Chiefs would not) but the loser will be out

I don't see it, honestly. The Panthers have a relatively easy schedule the rest of the way, but the Saints have an even easier schedule, so if they win out they'll be 8-8, versus a 7-8-1 best-case scenario for the Panthers. That tie could be your undoing.

Dam, I could be rong. :blink:

Bengals so fucked :yao:

Not right now. :walter:

Just next week. :ooo:

Edited by DBR96A
  • Upvote 2

funny that Dallas has no control over where it ends up

Unless Detroit and Green Bay tie... then they can go ahead and steal Home Field Advantage over the Seahawks. Other than that, yeah Dallas isn't playing for anything this week. Which means... DALLAS IS GONNA LOSE WEEK 17 AGAIN!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Z56UAkJfuOLJ0v0QaT44vSHPk6s_XzWyOhOyivaC8vs/edit?usp=sharing

AFC has a few more scenarios so I whipped up a google doc. Again this is barring ties, the Colts could theoretically move up to the third seed if the Bengals tie the Steelers, but I wouldn't count on that happening. Patriots and Colts are locked in, and there aren't as many silly tiebreakers in this conference.

• Upvote 1